Elite railgun anti air issue

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Kranzegrad wrote:

Elite Railgun lvl 1 no access AA-Systems, but lvl 2 and lvl 3 has unlocking AA-Systems.

If lvl 2 AA-Systems no working it, them there has bug.

Well?
      I have level 2 railgun,they are working against aircraft but they donot engage enemey units in range ,they engage them only if that aircraft attack them first then they start shooting missiles.I am curious whether it is a bug or they designed it like this.
      I am the best player of this game that was and ever will be
    • I can safely say your issue is not a bug:

The Elite Railgun does not have active radar of it's own and therefor would require another unit to provide it with radar support in order to activate the attacking cycle of it's air defenses.

i.e. Your Elite Railgun cannot engage what it cannot detect unless being fired upon.

- You will therefor need another unit which does have radar nearby/with your Elite Railguns if you want them to be able to detect and fire upon air targets at a distance
    • Wade97Wade wrote:

I can safely say your issue is not a bug:

The Elite Railgun does not have active radar of it's own and therefor would require another unit to provide it with radar support in order to activate the attacking cycle of it's air defenses.

i.e. Your Elite Railgun cannot engage what it cannot detect unless being fired upon.

- You will therefor need another unit which does have radar nearby/with your Elite Railguns if you want them to be able to detect and fire upon air targets at a distance
      Wow great answer with a perfect solution.
      I also noted that elite railgun doesn't work actively against aircraft like mobile anti air vechicle and unlike Sam but didn't know the reason.
      Now you have told the actual reason which is absence of radar.So now I will stack railgun with radar.I think these technical details should be documented.
      On the other hand frigates work actively like SAM against aircraft and cruiser work passively like mobile anti air and railgun so is there any way we can make cruiser work actively against aircrafts
    • Elite Railgun do have sight range but it would be unlikely they would react in time to be able to deal several shots, that's why they were only landing counter shots.

If you want to avoid these confusing issues with units you have to learn how to sort of break down and analyse all the stats the devs provide us with. The Elite Railgun having an AA range of 100 but having zero radar capabilities is a prime example.

I've attached a photo of the stats of Cruisers for you:

You will see the "missing" stats I have circled (Cruiser Radar cannot detect Helicopters/Subs etc)..
      Every unit has missing links/weaknesses. It would take me hours to write the missing links for each unit so you will have to learn as you go.

Feel free to PM me if you get stuck along the way.

P.S. Even radar have weaknesses (Ground radar can't detect helicopters - AWACS can't detect infantry)

P.P.S Don't forget to look at the stats of Stealth Units/What can detect Stealth Units.
      Files
      • ex2.png

(226.55 kB, downloaded 6 times, last: )

The post was edited 1 time, last by Wade97Wade ().

• Thank you very much ,you have explained the radar thing perfectly,Now I got answers of many questions.

Wade97Wade wrote:

Elite Railgun do have sight range but it would be unlikely they would react in time to be able to deal several shots, that's why they were only landing counter shots.

If you want to avoid these confusing issues with units you have to learn how to sort of break down and analyse all the stats the devs provide us with. The Elite Railgun having an AA range of 100 but having zero radar capabilities is a prime example.

You will see the "missing" stats I have circled (Cruiser Radar cannot detect Helicopters/Subs etc)..
      Every unit has missing links/weaknesses. It would take me hours to write the missing links for each unit so you will have to learn as you go.

P.S. Even radar have weaknesses (Ground radar can't detect helicopters - AWACS can't detect infantry)

P.P.S Don't forget to look at the stats of Stealth Units/What can detect Stealth Units.
    • Wade97Wade wrote:

Elite Railgun do have sight range but it would be unlikely they would react in time to be able to deal several shots, that's why they were only landing counter shots.

However I didn't understand why awacs is showing a radar range against infantory when it can't detect infantory.Legacy bug maybe.
      Files
      • awacs.png

(210.06 kB, downloaded 7 times, last: )
    • GoldenGuy wrote:

Wade97Wade wrote:

However I didn't understand why awacs is showing a radar range against infantory when it can't detect infantory.Legacy bug maybe.
      Yes. The information provided in the picture you just posted states that AWACS can detect infantry units, but that contradict the info that states it can only detect "High Ground Unit Signatures".. There are no High Signature infantry units..

Maybe they forgot to take the infantry radar attribute during the Radar Signature Update a few months ago. One of the contradicting stats must be an error.

Looks like this post will end up leading to a bug report after all. Can anyone confirm whether AWACS can/cannot detect pure infantry stacks?
    • Wade97Wade wrote:

GoldenGuy wrote:

Wade97Wade wrote:

Yes. The information provided in the picture you just posted states that AWACS can detect infantry units, but that contradict the info that states it can only detect "High Ground Unit Signatures".. There are no High Signature infantry units..
      Maybe they forgot to take the infantry radar attribute during the Radar Signature Update a few months ago. One of the contradicting stats must be an error.

Looks like this post will end up leading to a bug report after all. Can anyone confirm whether AWACS can/cannot detect pure infantry stacks?
      AWACS cannot detect pure infantry stacks using its radar.
    • Well its right, the Railgun didn´t have radar itself.
      But it should autofire on every spotted (areial) Thread in range every 10 mins, regardless if teh spotting radar is stacked or not.
      On homeland, enemy visible planes should also be attacked because they are visible...

Can anyone check this?
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Dorado Games
      DE - Team Lead
      Conflict of Nations

"That was not me, it was already broken!"