OFFICIAL ANDROID & iOS LAUNCH (200903)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• OFFICIAL ANDROID & iOS LAUNCH (200903)

+ + + + MOBILE LAUNCH + + + +
      Dear Players,

Today, it is with great pleasure that I announce the official release of CoN Mobile on both Android and iOS devices!

When the Early Access program kicked off we had a list of features planned to be infused at later dates, and finally, I am very excited to inform you that the final feature has made its way into the mobile client of CoN as of today - Missiles! So when better than now to launch iOS and Android out of Early Access in tandem with our Missile release.

In preparation for the launch we have extensively tweaked, toned and chiseled all areas of the application to meet our standards, and nuked the parts which do not - reading further down you will find overhauled menus, dialogues, user experience interface tweaks, and much more.

We still have some features left to polish and add in to the game, but today, we are celebrating the official launch of CoN on Mobile. Careful attention was made to transmute the experience from desktop to handheld, so we are excited to hear your feedback and thoughts.

Without further ado, read the change logs below, or better yet, download the game to see the changes for yourself!

Changes:
      • Added Missiles and launching capabilities
      • Added damage taken icon to units
      • Enlarged clickable area for build and mobilize buttons
      • Overhauled City, Army & Province panels
      • Polished and restyled widgets, buttons and assets across the board
      • Revamped gold actions user interface for Morale, Health, Intel actions
      • Added Gold amount and Membership status in the Shop widget
      • Added Security Council popup for features which require it
      • Added reminder popup for missing information (email, password, username)
      • Added cancel button for nation select screen
      • Added rank requirement popup when joining new games which require a higher player rank
      • Reduced cloud density from far zoom distance
      Fixes:
      • Fixed issue where visually gold appears to overcharge
      • Fixed missing radar contact blips
      • Fixed missing war declaration warning popup
      • Fixed missing bombarding target in army info panel for artillery units
      • Fixed visual errors including missing images and misaligned texts
      • Fixed issues with rally point
      • Fixed missing translations
      • Fixed error message when dome/fusion reactor building icon is tapped
      • Fixed instance of broken Research user interface
      • Fixed issue where decontamination doesn’t start in occupied cities
      • Fixed missing victory sites icon image
      • Fixed political view toggle button
      Dorado Games
      Conflict Of Nations

The post was edited 1 time, last by Yak ().

• Good job guys! I came into CoN as a mobile player and saw some bugs, graphic issues, and missing features. But, I knew it was early access so it was to be expected. Playing today I have already noticed a CONSIDERABLE improvement to the game all-around. And yes, I'm very happy to finally launch my missiles from my phone:)
      but, that's just my 2 cents' worth
    • Thanks @MicahWill - glad you like it. Will forward to the team.

@DOA70 - indeed - the game is fully cross-platform so you can play how and when you like, eg. on the way to work on mobile, at work on PC and back home on the sofa on your tablet... ;) just as a little indicator on prioritizing your RL tasks...
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
    • Hi,

i would like to congratulate you to the launch. What i still experience is that it is really hard to select a unit on the map. I always get the province. Do i have to click on the picture or the number above it?

I also like the new clean overview of resource production and that you gave us at least 1 digit after the "." for any amount bigger then 1000.

And when i get the multi unit selector it is often not picking the unit I selected...

Then are are some options i totally miss:

- Fire control, Delay for units, add buildings and units to construction queue
      - an overview of construction queue
      @Dorado If you Close the Forum and move everything to Discord you will lose my Feedback for sure.
    • @kurtvonstein - please try always clicking the unit - not the label. Also use the zoom function should it be hard to discern the unit (eg with several units on screen).

Thanks for the kudos - and yes - we are still adding more stuff of course in the weeks to come.

//G
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
    • First of all, thank you for your efforts.

Some suggestions:

1- Double tapping can be also used to zoom in in addition to enlarging the fingers, it might make zooming easier.
      2- When you click the city, the units production percentage is not present, it can be added.
      3- While making resource transactions via pm, the screen could not be seen properly, should be fixed.
      4- Inprogress building/production can be colored blue, completed ones can be green. Currently they are same.

I will add some more when I see :)
    • I have look into the rating and god it not looking good. So here my feed back and suggestion, you should change and update that card for more information.

"PLAY WITH UP TO 128 PLAYERS" 's card
      WOW NICE you fit a lot of gamemode & map in it.
      There is no that 128 player gamemode in the card LOL OMG

"500+ MODERN UNITS" 's card
      dude this is not ok! don't count every upgrade is it own unit!
      player got wrong expectation when see that card and A LOT of bad mobile
      game like to extremely fake their number. don't be like those plz!
      I counted 49 unit (excluding season unit). The doctrines could be on separate card

My suggest card

- There should be explanation about the game phase. A lot of people leave one star review because they didn't
      expect the game to be "a month" long because there was no mention about it in store page.

- no gold match, again people really have a bad taste on P2W game. There should be it own card about
      no premium currency match is available in game. (with lock icon with icon that indicate what it need to join)

btw I have no idea how playstore work is there a card limit ?

My suggest that unrelated to card
      update the gold tutorial, it should not be that pay to instantly get unit. I suggest the unit product that you force them to pay (as part of the tutorials) stuck at 95% production. so they get impression that this is a bit less P2W becuase they just paid for minor speed up not instantly spawn unit out of air with real cash. (at least more then current tutorials I hope)
      This post was made by Leader of the Church of ROAD
    • @MrBookShelf thanks for pointing out the issues but I just checked Android - and we mention 100 players and 350 units (we actually have more you know - not even counting upgrades but only tiers, not counting officers, not counting specials... and of course I calculate in the doctrines. These needed to be researched, balanced modeled etc). In Apple we still have 128 true - human error from an older marketing text. Will update.

Regarding Gold: Explaining to players we tried previously - even marketing it as such in Steam? Guess what happened? Also the same with gold. Once you have a shop - you will inevitably get the gold-haterz on you. Doesn't make a difference.

Concerning bad reviews: Like all f2p games and being a LTS on top (long term strategy) we of course will get flak. So what? our rating on android is already 3.5 stars without us having even started the marketing campaign yet, and on iOS on 5 stars - but that will change of course once the marketing kicks in.
      Chill out, have a tea and enjoy the ride. It will be a success. We know one when we see it ;)