United States Cities Change

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• 737373elj wrote:

“Joey, if you have to explain your joke it isn’t funny anymore.”
      In other words: please provide a context to your jokes so we can laugh
      It stopped being funny when I had to explain it at all.

_

When I had to explain why the link was relevant (as well as the other thread where I had to explain why a Van Halen reference on a Panama thread isn't trolling), I started wondering if I was dealing with the humorless or plain stupid on this board.

So, is this game serious business and laughter is not allowed?

Context would be explaining the joke. Therefore, no longer funny, so not worth sharing.
      This signature intentionally left blank
    • sratenwajet wrote:

737373elj wrote:

“Joey, if you have to explain your joke it isn’t funny anymore.”
      In other words: please provide a context to your jokes so we can laugh
      It stopped being funny when I had to explain it at all.
      _

When I had to explain why the link was relevant (as well as the other thread where I had to explain why a Van Halen reference on a Panama thread isn't trolling), I started wondering if I was dealing with the humorless or plain stupid on this board.

So, is this game serious business and laughter is not allowed?

Context would be explaining the joke. Therefore, no longer funny, so not worth sharing.
      I got it and thought it was funny.

I think you have to remember that this is an international site and, shockingly, the rest of the world doesn't pay super close attention to everything that happens in America. I know, I know, it's nearly inconceivable. And yet, we have exhibits A and B right here in this very thread. ;) :D
    • @Bark Place actually the Seattle Portland discussion is a good example. And no @Dealer of Death I do not say NO to everything, but we design the game purposefully. And that's why poor Seattle had to bite the bullet and leave the field to Portland. It's a purely tactical reason... just look at the map:
      If we had chosen Seattle it would have been right next to Vancouver and we need to separate cities (especially hostile ones as often is the case here) from each other to allow players some time to prep. Simple.
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
    • Germanico wrote:

@Bark Place actually the Seattle Portland discussion is a good example. And no @Dealer of Death I do not say NO to everything, but we design the game purposefully. And that's why poor Seattle had to bite the bullet and leave the field to Portland. It's a purely tactical reason... just look at the map:
      If we had chosen Seattle it would have been right next to Vancouver and we need to separate cities (especially hostile ones as often is the case here) from each other to allow players some time to prep. Simple.
      Aww, I was just jokin' on ya bro!
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • Germanico wrote:

@Bark Place actually the Seattle Portland discussion is a good example. And no @Dealer of Death I do not say NO to everything, but we design the game purposefully. And that's why poor Seattle had to bite the bullet and leave the field to Portland. It's a purely tactical reason... just look at the map:
      But pretty soon, all of Portland is going to be burned up! :)
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • Well there you see the results of insurgents in a US city. Now the question is: What's the reason for the low morale in Portland? Was it some foreign force golding it down? Or some internal US issue that lead to insurgents rising up? I will not speculate and will not get involved into any political discussion... just a[[lying our game mechanics ;)
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf