Aircraft Carriers

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• MrBookShelf wrote:

Wait it heal??? WTF how I don't know this.
      Nope, it does not. If you look at the tooltip on the icon on the ability to land on the carrier, it reads 'Aircraft will not heal while landed on an aircraft carrier'. Bummer, was all excited about not having to hospitalize them - after all that's kinda like the point of having a carrier, not having to fly back...
    • Hello, mate.

Well i often use them, but i only play RP. Once i used to play free games it was almost impossible, indeed, to build it, but still, they're a good projection of naval power. For random rounds i think its more worth to build Cruisers. AC can be helpful with a strong strike group and can be scary lol. Yet, in free games i would not produce this guys, mainly because destroyers,cruisers and frigates are more important to win the game, but for RP games, its essencial :thumbsup: .

BB
    • Globbes wrote:

Hello, mate.

Well i often use them, but i only play RP. Once i used to play free games it was almost impossible, indeed, to build it, but still, they're a good projection of naval power. For random rounds i think its more worth to build Cruisers. AC can be helpful with a strong strike group and can be scary lol. Yet, in free games i would not produce this guys, mainly because destroyers,cruisers and frigates are more important to win the game, but for RP games, its essencial :thumbsup: .

BB
      I'm sorry - what is "RP"?
    • Wade97Wade wrote:

I only use them to spearhead invasions late-game, carrying Stealth Choppers and ASW for support.
      Stealth Choppers!!!

What do you mean stealth choppers. I want some of these stealth stealth choppers you talk about. Where are these stealth choppers, I don't have stealth choppers. Who has stealth choppers. Where do you get stealth choppers. Are stealth choppers part of a particular doctrine, is there a secret stealth chopper doctrine I don't know about. Where are these stealth choppers?

I WANT STEALTH CHOPPERS!!!
    • So I found a bug that makes it where you should be careful when playing Aircraft Carriers. If your aircraft carrier is attacked by an enemy surface unit then the aircraft will ferry to the closest airstrip, meaning that you don't have to invest in frigates when setting up naval forces because you can send a ship as cheap as a corvette to attack a carrier and the aircraft on the carrier will try to ferry to an airfield and will most likely crash, because Aircraft Carriers are meant to operate far away from friendly bases. So if you are planning to invest in aircraft carriers don't put helicopters on them since it puts your carrier's aircraft in a vulnerable position.
    • KiloMikeSierra wrote:

So I found a bug that makes it where you should be careful when playing Aircraft Carriers. If your aircraft carrier is attacked by an enemy surface unit then the aircraft will ferry to the closest airstrip, meaning that you don't have to invest in frigates when setting up naval forces because you can send a ship as cheap as a corvette to attack a carrier and the aircraft on the carrier will try to ferry to an airfield and will most likely crash, because Aircraft Carriers are meant to operate far away from friendly bases. So if you are planning to invest in aircraft carriers don't put helicopters on them since it puts your carrier's aircraft in a vulnerable position.
      Not really a bug; IRL when carriers where under attack they couldn't land/ take off airplanes. That's how US won battle of midway; first 100 planes attacking did nothing to fleet but when carriers were dodging attacks they couldn't land/take off and finally the 4th or 5th wave hit them. If they could have taken off earlier they most likely would have sunk the US naval fleet.

IRL if a carrier only carried 5 planes it would be useless (US carriers can carry max of 130 and typically 64). As it is now not even sure US Navy needs carriers anymore (B2s fly anywhere in world from USA; F-22 can fly missions almost 2000 miles; F-35s 1350 miles) so not too many areas of world cant hit via friendly airfields. Throw in drones; mid air refueling and long range missiles and Carrier Juice not worth the squeeze IMHO as only would take 1 lucky strike to tie up a ton of military resources. Look at Russia has lost two ships via missiles from Ukraine.
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

aka ...The killer formerly known as BuckeyeChamp
    • Buckeyechamp wrote:

Not really a bug; IRL when carriers were under attack they couldn't land/ take off airplanes. That's how US won battle of midway; first 100 planes attacking did nothing to fleet but when carriers were dodging attacks they couldn't land/take off and finally the 4th or 5th wave hit them. If they could have taken off earlier they most likely would have sunk the US naval fleet.
      It is true that aircraft couldn't return to their carrier if they were under attack, but my aircraft shouldn't be taking off and trying to find an airfield to ferry to when they are on the deck of the aircraft carrier when the carrier is attacked. Also carriers during WW2 couldn't launch and land aircraft because they were performing defensive maneuvers against enemy aircraft; a carrier has never been in a close in battle against another warship and if a carrier was in a close in fight it wouldn't be taking defensive maneuvers against it. Sidenote: I should have been clear on what I meant by attacked, Aircraft will try to ferry to an airfield when the carrier is either attacked or bombarded by an enemy naval vessel.

The post was edited 1 time, last by KiloMikeSierra ().