Effects of CoN Mobile to the future of the game

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• it works well if you set your expectations to a reasonable level of "i move my units and i give simple orders".

You won't "lick the edge of a SAM range" with your moving planes, on mobile :D
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • Bark Place wrote:

Yeah. I do feel like most people who enjoy flashpoints is because it's much easier to win when playing against people who've never played before, but i've tried a few recently and it's a nice slow change of pace from my normal 4xs.
      I had some great games in Flashpoint against really good players. Maybe only one game was easy, the others were great.
      Sure there's a lot of quitters but because it's smaller map you will run into real skilled enemy/enemies sooner than later.
      And you have to watch everything in news to know who is your real enemy.
      I would love to play once with no quitters though, that would be interesting game (no sleeping guaranteed).
    • Haha - love the "declared dead list" @Opulon

We are anything but dead Gents - in fact we are the game with the best stats in the range... just saying. And this is thanks to you guys, the community and the active players. And don't even get me started as to how we were doing during global lockdown (april/may)... ;)
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
    • Opulon wrote:

it works well if you set your expectations to a reasonable level of "i move my units and i give simple orders".

You won't "lick the edge of a SAM range" with your moving planes, on mobile :D
      As I said. I will not start Operation Barbarossa on mobile. But to check and start new Research in the middle of the night (which yet has no queue) or to review some important frontier...thats fine...
      @Dorado If you Close the Forum and move everything to Discord you will lose my Feedback for sure.
    • Germanico wrote:

Haha - love the "declared dead list" @Opulon

We are anything but dead Gents - in fact we are the game with the best stats in the range... just saying. And this is thanks to you guys, the community and the active players. And don't even get me started as to how we were doing during global lockdown (april/may)... ;)
      Anyone in Game industry who didnt benefit from lockdown has done something really really wrong...

@OpulonBut You forget the Zombies in your list. They were fun...to much fun so I dont get those maps anymore...
      @Dorado If you Close the Forum and move everything to Discord you will lose my Feedback for sure.
    • Germanico wrote:

we mat bring the old zombies back - at some time. Gotta see.
      Maybe you guys could bring them back in a game with a rank requirement, so noobs don't turn themselves into zombie factories by quitting or playing like it's WW3.
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • I dont like the mobile app ,it is very difficult to play on it.
      Only benefit is that if you are away from PC you can still research but you cant use mobile version to play and fight. Devs did a wonderful job ,it is not their fault but this game is too complex to be played on Mobile.This is why most of the people will join via mobile app and then leave when they dont understand how this works thus increasing the number of inactive noobs in every game.There is no way anyone can be addicted to this game by using mobile version and I doubt many people will use their money on mobile version.
      So it is good effort by devs but cost is high and benefit is less,they should better focus more on fixing bugs like build queue screen refresh issue on PC version.
      I am the best player of this game that was and ever will be
    • "I doubt many people will use their money on mobile version"

You underestimate the spending compulsion of mobile users haha.

But you are right : the true strategical and tactical experience of CoN is on pc.
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • Dracula wrote:

There is no way anyone can be addicted to this game by using mobile version and I doubt many people will use their money on mobile version.
      I play mobile 99% of the time and am definitely addicted! Now, that is how I came into the game and it is the interface I am used to. You are used to PC and thats just fine, I could see where you are coming from. Mobile is absolutely a viable platform for all aspects of playing the game. It is probably only difficult to use if one is very familiar with the PC interface.

Dracula wrote:

So it is good effort by devs but cost is high and benefit is less,they should better focus more on fixing bugs like build queue screen refresh issue on PC version.
      I'm sure the devs know how great their cost/benefit ratio is for all their mobile efforts. There is an absolute tidal wave of new players! Now we all like to complain about the lvl. 1 quitters that plague all the maps rn, but with that influx of a new playerbase comes a new influx of cash 8) .

Also, there are plenty of us mobile players that are here to stay :D
      but, that's just my 2 cents' worth
    • I play on both. I do enjoy the pc better but I use the mobile to check on things and when I can't be online at home. I am sure there will be a following for the mobile . I have noticed that lots of people quit flashpoint games but if you are new you should stay on flashpoint until you figure out the game more. I always get wiped out on the other games :thumbsup:
      "Retreat hell! We're not retreating ..we're just advancing in a different direction." General Oliver Smith USMC