attack aircraft, OP?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• lv 3 motorized Infantry (modern infantry) have range attack. It basically throw all defending out of window and force you to attack or just get repeatedly bombard. You can only counter it if you are using the same or you already prepare for it. (which remember you counter can always get counter lol)

about striker yeah it kinda not balance imo. effective AA (SAM) need lv3 army base but striker only need lv2 airbase. when you rolling out some of SAM enemy already got whole stack earlier. and mobile AA kinda suck because its cost and it all-around stats
      This post was made by Leader of the Church of ROAD

The post was edited 1 time, last by playbabe ().

• MrBookShelf wrote:

lv 3 motorized Infantry (modern infantry) have range attack. It basically throw all defending out of window and force you to attack or just get repeatedly bombard. You can only counter it if you are using the same or you already prepare for it. (which remember you counter can always get counter lol)

about striker yeah it kinda not balance imo. effective AA (SAM) need lv3 army base but striker only need lv2 airbase. when you rolling out some of SAM enemy already got whole stack of it early. and mobile AA kinda suck because its cost and it all-around stats
      SF early game dmg outpit is shit tho, shit enough for MAA to somewhat handle them
      and AA in general has the advantage of pointdefense; sams might even get (ok who am i kidding, they will get) an offensive tick

if you think they're strong then thats just because your anti-air is shit

and if you really wanna bully people; just use ASF
      I am The Baseline for opinions
    • You have to build ASF because relaying only to anti air ground units against SF spammer is the end for you. Especially if your enemy is close enough to your core cities. In early game you can't build enough AA (mobile aa or sam) to cover all of your cities. Latter on you can do it.
      As been said SAM requires lvl3 army base so you can't spam them as counter in early game.
      Mostly SF spammers do it with motorized infantry only or rarely they have couple of ASF to combine.

In my opinion SF is a little bit op but main problem is SAM requirement (lvl3 army base). They should maybe lower requirement for SAM to lvl2 ab. If they didn't try that before ofc.
    • (SAM) HP x Damage = 11 x 20 or = 13 x 20
      = 220 = 260

(SF) HP x Damage = 9 x 25
      = 225

Very similar total output until you consider that SAM's can hit more than once.

SAMS weakness vs SF is it's HP.. Once stacked with other units that weakness is mitigated.

I guess SF are OP if you:

a) Have no/not enough Anti-Air measures in place

b) Fail to stack SAM's with other units
    • Wade summarised the balance perfectly.

SF are often considered OP and a "noob farming weapon" because newer players don't yet understand how important (and how to use) AA is important, but the unit in itself is hard countered harshly by several units that are dedicated against it.

"If my opponent doesn't have AA, my SF are OP, if my opponent knows how to play, my SF are useless until i silence the AA"
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • This actually resembles reality nicely: If used against technologically inferior opponents Air Superiority and consequently the use of Strike Fighters are devastating to say the least. This is the typical RL scenario we've come to expect vs western forces... look at the Gulf Wars for an example.
      But now imagine the same force coming up against someone like Russia: the masters of layered air defense... I am sure the reality would be quite different. Hope it never comes to it.
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
    • Germanico wrote:

This actually resembles reality nicely: If used against technologically inferior opponents Air Superiority and consequently the use of Strike Fighters are devastating to say the least. This is the typical RL scenario we've come to expect vs western forces... look at the Gulf Wars for an example.
      But now imagine the same force coming up against someone like Russia: the masters of layered air defense... I am sure the reality would be quite different. Hope it never comes to it.
      2020 isnt over yet :D
      I am The Baseline for opinions
    • Teburu wrote:

Germanico wrote:

This actually resembles reality nicely: If used against technologically inferior opponents Air Superiority and consequently the use of Strike Fighters are devastating to say the least. This is the typical RL scenario we've come to expect vs western forces... look at the Gulf Wars for an example.
      But now imagine the same force coming up against someone like Russia: the masters of layered air defence... I am sure the reality would be quite different. Hope it never comes to it.
      2020 isnt over yet :D
      If the US will be going to war with anybody (which in itself has a probability of less than 0.01%) it will be China
    • Zemunelo wrote:

You have to build ASF because relaying only to anti air ground units against SF spammer is the end for you. Especially if your enemy is close enough to your core cities. In early game you can't build enough AA (mobile aa or sam) to cover all of your cities. Latter on you can do it.
      As been said SAM requires lvl3 army base so you can't spam them as counter in early game.
      Mostly SF spammers do it with motorized infantry only or rarely they have couple of ASF to combine.

In my opinion SF is a little bit op but main problem is SAM requirement (lvl3 army base). They should maybe lower requirement for SAM to lvl2 ab. If they didn't try that before ofc.
      Yes you can't rely on anti air alone.You need air sup
      I usually spam strike fighters when I don't play as island and I also build some helcopters and artillery just to take out enemy sam and then I bomb them with fighters.If enemy only has mobile anti air vehicle then I hit them fighters without any fear. Even sam are dangerous only when lot of them are stacked together,1 sam in a stack can easily be destroyed by airforce by making a small sacrifice.
      I am the best player of this game that was and ever will be
    • GoldenGuy wrote:

Zemunelo wrote:

You have to build ASF because relaying only to anti air ground units against SF spammer is the end for you. Especially if your enemy is close enough to your core cities. In early game you can't build enough AA (mobile aa or sam) to cover all of your cities. Latter on you can do it.

Yes you can't rely on anti air alone.You need air supI usually spam strike fighters when I don't play as island and I also build some helcopters and artillery just to take out enemy sam and then I bomb them with fighters.If enemy only has mobile anti air vehicle then I hit them fighters without any fear. Even sam are dangerous only when lot of them are stacked together,1 sam in a stack can easily be destroyed by airforce by making a small sacrifice.
      Exactly the point. 1 SAM is not enough. And because you need higher building requirement for SAM you need more time to build enough SAM to be able to defend. Ofc you can't build only SAM so you will always need one (several) more to successfully defend all cities.
      That makes SF op in early game if enemy is close to you. And that's why you have to respond with ASF if you see more dedicated air buildings at your potential enemy.
      Mobile AA can't defend against SF spam because again you need to spam mobile AA and nobody would do it. 2-3 mobile AA in your early army is nothing compared to SF spam. You can effectively defend one city and say goodbye to all other cities.

In mid or late games you can effectively defend using combination of SAM and MAA.
    • It would be a bit "meh" if we'd allow Anti Air / SAM / TD to completely own the skies in comparison to building a large air-force. So of course players need to layer their air defenses: Several SAMs, a good bunch of Air Superiority fighters and for good measure some Mobile AA (especially against Helis).
      So no cookie cutter strategy here, I am afraid.
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf