The RAILGUN !!! again....

    This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

    • The RAILGUN !!! again....

      Can someboby please explain to me how it is possible that the railgun can shoot down all kind of missiles even icbm ? they can shoot down supersonic planes, choppers I mean bc i see the developer almost always answers with "according to reality bla bla bla...." then when I see the rail gun shooting down everithing that can fly I have my doubts... :D
    • SROL wrote:

      Can someboby please explain to me how it is possible that the railgun can shoot down all kind of missiles even icbm ? they can shoot down supersonic planes, choppers I mean bc i see the developer almost always answers with "according to reality bla bla bla...." then when I see the rail gun shooting down everithing that can fly I have my doubts... :D
      The devs are reducing its anti air strength, if I can recall correctly.
    • SROL wrote:

      no no mr genius it is ok you should also make the railgun shoot at submarines Submerged you should be smoking to think a railguncan shootdown an ICBM but ok this is not my game nothing I can do
      Railguns are a work in progress. Who knows what they may be able to do? They may even be able to launch hypersonic missiles using its magnet once they figure out how it won’t destroy itself in the process.
    • Our railgun data derives from real live US tests with the actual thing. They were using it to direct attack incoming missiles and other airborne targets besides the obvious ground based fire tasks.
      Reason for the army being so excited about the whole thing is understandable: the exremely high projectile velocity which is not only lead flying down range but includes stabilizers and auto targeting mechanisms means that engaging an extremely high velocity target is now possible.
      Read up on it if you like on the net - this stuff is not secret. And yes - it will surely change in RL as in our game. These weapons are meant to enrich the game - not make other units obsolete or frustrate players.

      If you have tangible issues with it by all means tell us and we will consider.

      //G
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
    • ahuman wrote:

      SROL wrote:

      Can someboby please explain to me how it is possible that the railgun can shoot down all kind of missiles even icbm ? they can shoot down supersonic planes, choppers I mean bc i see the developer almost always answers with "according to reality bla bla bla...." then when I see the rail gun shooting down everithing that can fly I have my doubts... :D
      The devs are reducing its anti air strength, if I can recall correctly.
      they already nerfed it stats a bit
      biggest nerf to railgun is still terrainmodifier
      I am the basline for opinions
    • Germanico wrote:

      Our railgun data derives from real live US tests with the actual thing. They were using it to direct attack incoming missiles and other airborne targets besides the obvious ground based fire tasks.
      Reason for the army being so excited about the whole thing is understandable: the exremely high projectile velocity which is not only lead flying down range but includes stabilizers and auto targeting mechanisms means that engaging an extremely high velocity target is now possible.
      Read up on it if you like on the net - this stuff is not secret. And yes - it will surely change in RL as in our game. These weapons are meant to enrich the game - not make other units obsolete or frustrate players.

      If you have tangible issues with it by all means tell us and we will consider.

      //G
      How come it gets a unit limit of 15 when all other elite units are capped at 10?
      I am the basline for opinions
    • Its funny that you say that; because I am planning on getting a security council membership just so that I will never lose the railgun. Once you see a dozen missles and multiple stacks of fighters get vaporized you realize that this unit is a game changer.

      However, I would like to get some clarity on the comment above that the dev's are going to change its stats; this would be great to know. Has it already been adjusted or are they going to wait until the season is over and then make it as useful as the actual US developed version.
    • H0LMES wrote:

      Its funny that you say that; because I am planning on getting a security council membership just so that I will never lose the railgun. Once you see a dozen missles and multiple stacks of fighters get vaporized you realize that this unit is a game changer.

      However, I would like to get some clarity on the comment above that the dev's are going to change its stats; this would be great to know. Has it already been adjusted or are they going to wait until the season is over and then make it as useful as the actual US developed version.
      Well I already have security council membership,I bought it in season 2 after being impressed with fire control settings of my friend's navy. I don't use previous seasonal units due to size limit and high cost although I can build them,railgun is the best seasonal unit so far.
      Unfortunately the stats they are adjusting will actually make it less effective.
    • Gents, we always have and always will adjust and change unit stats. Across the board, and how we see fit. It's part of running an online game. This said, the last change to the stats was just a few weeks ago, and the next earmarked change concerns the number of units to be fielded. At least for now...
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
    • Germanico wrote:

      @Teburu good question - let me ask the design team, cause I would not know immediately.

      Update: According to the team it's already earmarked for change.
      +

      Germanico wrote:

      Gents, we always have and always will adjust and change unit stats. Across the board, and how we see fit. It's part of running an online game. This said, the last change to the stats was just a few weeks ago, and the next earmarked change concerns the number of units to be fielded. At least for now...
      Yeah, yeah, yeah, why does the whole philosophy around here get summed up as "You can't play with our really cool toys"?
      I mean if a seasonal unit is cool, nerfed.
      If a regular unit is cool, nerfed.
      Heck the whole game is designed (with the Apocalypse exception) to end just when you can start building the really cool toys to play with.

      WHY WON'T YOU LET US PLAY WITH YOUR TOYS???? :P
      *** Warning: This poster is on double secret probation ***

      "Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD