The Annexing of Cities

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• The Annexing of Cities

So i have been playing Conflict of nations for quite a long time, and in the many games i play, Even the largest nations with the most resources won't have any annexed cities. I though if you can hold a city above 60% morale for 15-20 days it should be automatically annexed, and it doesn't carry over if a rouge state takes it in the middle or a country captures and you recapture. What do you guys think, what would you fix to make if more fair if it seems unfair to you?
    • jayohkay38 wrote:

So i have been playing Conflict of nations for quite a long time, and in the many games i play, Even the largest nations with the most resources won't have any annexed cities. I though if you can hold a city above 60% morale for 15-20 days it should be automatically annexed, and it doesn't carry over if a rouge state takes it in the middle or a country captures and you recapture. What do you guys think, what would you fix to make if more fair if it seems unfair to you?
      You need not to annex cities . You should only do that if you don't have a city producing a particular resource . You have your homeland cities which produce resources . Annexing cities is quite expensive so I prefer not annexing them unless playing as Koreas
    • jayohkay38 wrote:

It seems a reasonable idea. However, think through what would happen. Those nations that jump out to an early lead and can hold their conquered cities for the requisite time would then have a juggernaut by late mid-game. In gaming terms, it would make snowballing even more of a problem. This in turn would cause people to quit maps earlier and make late game play an exercise in futility for just about everyone (as opposed to the 90% now).
    • DOA70 wrote:

jayohkay38 wrote:

It seems a reasonable idea. However, think through what would happen. Those nations that jump out to an early lead and can hold their conquered cities for the requisite time would then have a juggernaut by late mid-game. In gaming terms, it would make snowballing even more of a problem. This in turn would cause people to quit maps earlier and make late game play an exercise in futility for just about everyone (as opposed to the 90% now).
      That's the thing, i was thinking like in those late game scenarios the cities start to become annexed. Like, no one is going to use their materials on a few citites when they need troops. The things about it is i wanted to make it so that the cities would become annexed till the mid-late game, more late game than mid, and like that first country you took is finally annexed and you can use it, you wouldn't 30 cities annexed, you'd have like 15 by day 35-40 ya know
    • jayohkay38 wrote:

DOA70 wrote:

jayohkay38 wrote:

That's the thing, i was thinking like in those late game scenarios the cities start to become annexed. Like, no one is going to use their materials on a few citites when they need troops. The things about it is i wanted to make it so that the cities would become annexed till the mid-late game, more late game than mid, and like that first country you took is finally annexed and you can use it, you wouldn't 30 cities annexed, you'd have like 15 by day 35-40 ya know
      I see - so you are thinking the time to control is long (I was thinking like 5 - 10 days, and you are thinking more like 15 - 20). It would be interesting to see how that played out.

My strategy is to jump out early, so I would benefit. But Island nations, where it is difficult to capture cities until early mid-game, would be at a *much* larger disadvantage. But, they could still win by sweeping up the carnage ... hmmm ... worth a try, just to see what would happen. I still fear snowballing, but ... with a longer timeline, it might make it less a problem.
    • Ok in my game there is 1 player that i think is AI (but it does chat ...but still seems like a computer chatting). That country has been annexing EVERY city that it has captured. I think it has annexed 30 cities or so. It also has leveled up units and big stacks. It has had the biggest economy till day 50 then i took over as biggest economy. It has not been very active and has the same amount of units (2 or 3) and type in every single city in its possession. Every annexed city has level 3 arms industry and everything else it needs. It was leading in the total number of troops until day 45. I am leading the game by wide margin and a day or 2 away from victory. I just have never seen this before where a country is able to annex EVERY city starting early and is also not very aggressive. It is weirdest thing. I think AI can form coalitions and i guess the AI tries to chat as well? I know normal player chat and this is different kind of chatting.
    • Germanico wrote:

You know the saying - never wake sleeping dogs...
      Honestly, I've never heard it said THAT way. Now I don't know if this is a product of a "Google Translate" or something similar, and although it MEANS the same thing, the way I've always heard it is:

"Let sleeping dogs, lie."
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • sundance175 wrote:

I always thought annexing cities was not the best thing to do unless you needed access to the water for a naval port 2 or maybe really lacking in a certain resource or to get closer to the battlefront later in the game. But now i am curious and want to experiment.
      I think you will find it prohibitively expensive. It takes around 10 days to earn your investment back, so if it isn't a NEED (port/resource) it is rarely worth it.

I've annexed around 50 cities over various games, and all but maybe 5 were done just for Sh!ts and Giggles long after I knew I was going to win and had nothing better to do with my resources.
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • I usually annex cities with buildings already built in them
      Like the time I captured a city with lv. 2 Army Base and lv. 4 Air Base. Immediately started annexing once morale was above 35%
      It’s quite a good investment, saves time and resources and can be quite worth it imo
      Currently on (potentially permanent) hiatus

Instead of choosing wings to fly, we chose hands to hold with each other.

Yet the sky still fascinates us, is it such a crime to keep on dreaming?
    • Dealer of Death wrote:

sundance175 wrote:

I always thought annexing cities was not the best thing to do unless you needed access to the water for a naval port 2 or maybe really lacking in a certain resource or to get closer to the battlefront later in the game. But now i am curious and want to experiment.
      I think you will find it prohibitively expensive. It takes around 10 days to earn your investment back, so if it isn't a NEED (port/resource) it is rarely worth it.
      I've annexed around 50 cities over various games, and all but maybe 5 were done just for Sh!ts and Giggles long after I knew I was going to win and had nothing better to do with my resources.
      i disagree...sow me this return on investment calculation...never 10 days. I do 30 when i optimize the city in regards to moral and industry (which again is an investment)
      @Dorado If you Close the Forum and move everything to Discord you will lose my Feedback for sure.