the stupidest thing you ever did

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Stupidest thing I did :
      I was in my first WW3 game as Cuba . USA was my ally and asked me to send 7 units to New York . I was like "What the hell . What is a unit?" All that time I was producing them and ordering them but didn't knew that they are called units . I Googled it . That's my stupidest thing.

Stupidest thing someone else did :
      I was playing as Turkey . Russia asked me "Are you Turkish" I replied "I am not" and he declared war on me . I asked "Why did you declare war?" He said "Because I am a Turk and you're not" .

.............. and that game was a bad time for him .
    • The stupidest thing I ever did was clicking on a facebook AD which led me to CON :) and I wasted so much time in my early days on CON.I stopped watching movies and season and spent all my time after coming back from office on CON. However now I dont spend more than 2 hours and take a break after finishing a 4x game which may range from days to months.
      I am the best player of this game that was and ever will be
    • When I declared to my coalition mates I would like to take a solo win when they had done all the heavy lifting
      I mean, it was a valuable life lesson too I guess.

Also: built up in my third game as USA:
      - 40 Infantry
      - 20 afv
      - 20 asf
      - 12 Destroyer
      - 12 Attack helicopter
      - 12 Naval asf
      - 3 aircraft carrier
      Without attacking a single person other than Canada.
      Currently on (potentially permanent) hiatus

Instead of choosing wings to fly, we chose hands to hold with each other.

Yet the sky still fascinates us, is it such a crime to keep on dreaming?
    • Mr. Boii wrote:

In my first game, I didn't know how to mobilize. I asked a coalition teammate to "send reinforcements."
      WOW! Epic!
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • In my first game, I saw a province that produced supplies. But at the time, I thought that was some kind of supply crate that I could pick up and find resources or money inside (I just saw a green crate, what did I know?). Was disappointed when I drove a unit over there to find out how ignorant I was lol.

ALSO I had a separate game where I was on the winning coalition, and we were maybe 300VP from winning. I was annoyed at Iran (my coalition leader) this whole game, while at the same time... I had made good friends on the 2nd place coalition. I finally decided I was going to announce my change of alligence, switch to the other coalition, and fight tooth and nail to see to it that Iran would not win.......... But when I left, the required VPs changed and they won without me lol.
      but, that's just my 2 cents' worth
    • MicahWill wrote:

In my first game, I saw a province that produced supplies. But at the time, I thought that was some kind of supply crate that I could pick up and find resources or money inside (I just saw a green crate, what did I know?). Was disappointed when I drove a unit over there to find out how ignorant I was lol.

Lol funny

The post was edited 1 time, last by Rozne Eltobliv ().

• _dany20_ wrote:

If we're talking about the "stupidest" thing I've ever done in CON, then three words are enough to tell it

Patrol

Over

Night

What is even more stupid is that I never learnt my lesson
      Currently on (potentially permanent) hiatus

Instead of choosing wings to fly, we chose hands to hold with each other.

Yet the sky still fascinates us, is it such a crime to keep on dreaming?
    • I remembered another one . It was one of my first games and I was playing India . I did well in first days and then I was defeated and the Andamans were the only province I had .

I was so stupid that I thought if all the possible buildings are completed on a province , it transforms into a city . I wasted some resources , yeah for sure and ended getting a small piece of gold as a reward for my stupidity .
    • Rozne Eltobliv wrote:

I remembered another one . It was one of my first games and I was playing India . I did well in first days and then I was defeated and the Andamans were the only province I had .

I was so stupid that I thought if all the possible buildings are completed on a province , it transforms into a city . I wasted some resources , yeah for sure and ended getting a small piece of gold as a reward for my stupidity .
      That's not stupidity, that's confusion. You thought you were playing Sim City. :P
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • MicahWill wrote:

In my first game, I saw a province that produced supplies. But at the time, I thought that was some kind of supply crate that I could pick up and find resources or money inside (I just saw a green crate, what did I know?). Was disappointed when I drove a unit over there to find out how ignorant I was lol.
      My friend in his 1st game built industries in every province that icon overlapped. He thought the same thing you did. He also built 3 field hospitals right next to each other. In the end he had a fortune of useless garbage and no detonate button. He was playing mobile version before that option came out.
    • Not realizing that air mobile infantry becomes land snails unless air assaulting or ferrying airport 2 airport. What are they overweight asthma sufferers?

Another....I was Portugal and was in 1st place near the end of the game. Out of the mist comes a huge stack of kamikazee frigates (hmm i had never seen a frigate before surely they are just like a corvette but bigger? right? ). They take aim at my capital and i have no navy whatsoever :whistling: , no artillery. I had planes which i unknowingly sent out to get decimated by the big stack of frigates which were also bombarding and destroying my capital :cursing: . Talk about a helpless feeling =O . I had to get my coalition teammate to bail me out. All i could think of was his stack of frigates was going to destroy my huge empire single handed... and he had quit the game too :thumbsup: . It was embarrassing to say the least :rolleyes:

The post was edited 2 times, last by sundance175 ().