Top five units in CON from both a competitive and casual point of view and why? (including elite units up to season 4 and officers)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Great question. I will choose 1 unit in every "terrain."
      For navy, I love destroyers. Destroyers can take on anything, subs or ships.
      For airforce, I like heavy bombers/stealth bombers. With ASF as scouts, bombers can kill your opponents buildings and morale.
      For Ground, I use tanks. Tanks are great at practically everything groundwise.
      For officers, I prefer a naval officer to accompany my destroyers.
      And- For the most exciting thing of all: Missiles-
      I prefer launching them by air, with the avro vulcan. With the new update bm subs are pretty good to- the subs carry up to 5 bms at a time.
      "Le patriotisme, c'est aimer son pays. Le nationalisme, c'est détester celui des autres."-Charles De Gaulle, Leader of Free France in World War 2.
      English: "Patriotism is to love your country. Nationalism is hating that of others."
    • Teburu wrote:

Elasticwealth wrote:

For Ground, I use tanks. Tanks are great at practically everything groundwise.
      :D good one
      I know, right, ... tanks, lol.
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • Opulon wrote:

I can see the idea, but why not just use the MRL speed, that is basically 1.5, which is the quickest of all units, to fall back and hit&run the group until it's dead ? Usually my opponent get bored pretty quickly with the concept of losing 10 units to take 2 provinces that are retaken in the few following hours.
      This is an online game...At a certain point I go to bed and sleep...feels safe for me to have some tanks in front of my artilelry if someone rushes in...you now you can always play catch me if you can...

Unofrtunatly we havnt had the chance to wage our skills...would be interesting to get some of the top player/posters here in the Forum in a challenge for the best.

Here is my pick of gamechangers that you always have to build and max out

1.MRL
      2.SAM
      3.Railgun (was TDS before)
      4.Fregatte
      5.Elite Chopper

You cant loose a war with them...

But 5 units doesnt do the trade. you also need:

Cruisers, National Guard, ground radar, Naval Patrol, Tank destroyer. inf chooper

The rest are toys that can make it more satisfying.
      @Dorado If you Close the Forum and move everything to Discord you will lose my Feedback for sure.
    • You should move MRLS to the bottom of that list since they nerfed them. Still the best artillery by far, but damn they crippled them
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

• kurtvonstein wrote:

Well but even taken this into account the No5 is the bastard from hell....

No one said that its a cheap unit list...
      Oh, agreed, but I hate having to research another line for the line I want!
      The KING of CoN News!!!

• Dealer of Death wrote:

kurtvonstein wrote:

Well but even taken this into account the No5 is the bastard from hell....

No one said that its a cheap unit list...
      Oh, agreed, but I hate having to research another line for the line I want!
      which make elite bomber worst unit ever...
      @Dorado If you Close the Forum and move everything to Discord you will lose my Feedback for sure.
    • kurtvonstein wrote:

Opulon wrote:

I can see the idea, but why not just use the MRL speed, that is basically 1.5, which is the quickest of all units, to fall back and hit&run the group until it's dead ? Usually my opponent get bored pretty quickly with the concept of losing 10 units to take 2 provinces that are retaken in the few following hours.
      This is an online game...At a certain point I go to bed and sleep...feels safe for me to have some tanks in front of my artilelry if someone rushes in...you now you can always play catch me if you can...
      Unofrtunatly we havnt had the chance to wage our skills...would be interesting to get some of the top player/posters here in the Forum in a challenge for the best.

Here is my pick of gamechangers that you always have to build and max out

1.MRL
      2.SAM
      3.Railgun (was TDS before)
      4.Fregatte
      5.Elite Chopper

You cant loose a war with them...

But 5 units doesnt do the trade. you also need:

Cruisers, National Guard, ground radar, Naval Patrol, Tank destroyer. inf chooper

The rest are toys that can make it more satisfying.
      cries out in agony for not having asf mentioned
      I am The Baseline for opinions
    • if you read my posts carefully then you would know that i eat ASF and Bomber for breakfast. Thats what SAMs are for. Rest is boots on the ground. I dont rely my big bang on Airports that goldplayer can easily and cheap make disappear.

A lesson i learned and paid dearly for.

The post was edited 2 times, last by kurtvonstein ().

• Entirely agree against gold users. And the more i'm convinced that X player uses a lot of gold, the less i consider as viable to rely on choppers/asf.

Ironically, this would make the aircraft carrier the only reliable air platform :D

Also, with the Railgun, you get " long range anti-chopper" ability which can make the ASF redundant.

However, i clearly do not play enough public games to do enough score to unlock the seasonal units. As a result, i'll have, i fear, to continue to use the ASF in order to not be naked against choppers, and to act as the backline to exhange/deter raids too far into my lines.

In our recent training sparring, we usually managed to have a 2 minutes and a half reaction time when flying around the edge of the bubble of SAMs, to intercept choppers. A word of warning, though, it's of the UTMOST difficulty for the air player that is flying the ASFs on the edge of SAM range to also keep in check the pixel movement of the radar blips associated to said SAM.

We recommend to stay on vocal with the ally tasked with keeping eyes tracking the blips.
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.