Top five units in CON from both a competitive and casual point of view and why? (including elite units up to season 4 and officers)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Top five units in CON from both a competitive and casual point of view and why? (including elite units up to season 4 and officers)

My personal rankings
      1. MRLS
      King of ground

2. AWACS
      Has the largest radar range in the game and is one of the two units that are able to detect helis. In pubs it can also unlock lv 5 and detect high level fighters and strikes (also uav but pfft). Good for combat anywhere and in any mode.

3. Naval Officer
      "Rush naval officer" = easy strat in pubs to take out opponents early game naval power. No opposition in the naval warfare until t2 elite subs or cruisers.
      Provides decent aa, sonar, and buffs to stack, which is very valuable especially when with other cruisers in a stack.

4. Elite Subs
      Basically a bully in shallow water at T2 and T3. Only downside is it usually needs air support or else it is very difficult to find targets and will get taken out by asw/npa.

5. ASF
      King of air and probably the best counter to helicopters (usually needs awac lv 4+ to spot the sneaky helis)
    • Top 5 units imo not in any order:

1. MRLs - very good against anything, outranges the annoying railgun
      2. Mot. infantry - easily spammable
      3. MBT - all-rounder, destroys both inf and armored and has high hp
      4. Strike fighters - spammable and can destroy your opponents if they are not smart enough to make antiair
      5. ASF - counters air units
    • ahuman wrote:

Top 5 units imo not in any order:

1. MRLs - very good against anything, outranges the annoying railgun
      2. Mot. infantry - easily spammable
      3. MBT - all-rounder, destroys both inf and armored and has high hp
      4. Strike fighters - spammable and can destroy your opponents if they are not smart enough to make antiair
      5. ASF - counters air units
      yeah uhm no
      I am The Baseline for opinions
    • yzjqx wrote:

My personal rankings
      1. MRLS
      King of ground

2. AWACS
      Has the largest radar range in the game and is one of the two units that are able to detect helis. In pubs it can also unlock lv 5 and detect high level fighters and strikes (also uav but pfft). Good for combat anywhere and in any mode.

3. Naval Officer
      "Rush naval officer" = easy strat in pubs to take out opponents early game naval power. No opposition in the naval warfare until t2 elite subs or cruisers.
      Provides decent aa, sonar, and buffs to stack, which is very valuable especially when with other cruisers in a stack.

4. Elite Subs
      Basically a bully in shallow water at T2 and T3. Only downside is it usually needs air support or else it is very difficult to find targets and will get taken out by asw/npa.

5. ASF
      King of air and probably the best counter to helicopters (usually needs awac lv 4+ to spot the sneaky helis)
      I'd actually put ground based radar instead of awac on second; just because of the sheer amount of inf you have to deal with in pubs
    • 1) Air Superiority Fighter, most important unit of the game

2) Mobile Radar (AWAC if you go for navy)

3) Choppers

4) Artillery

5) Anti-Air

Not sure how you want to include Officers, they are power houses, but they can't decide a war on their own.

Competatively probably more like this :whistling:

1) MRLS / Mobile Artillery

2) Cruiser

3) Mobile Radar / AWAC

4) SAM / Frigate

5) ASF
    • I can see the idea, but why not just use the MRL speed, that is basically 1.5, which is the quickest of all units, to fall back and hit&run the group until it's dead ? Usually my opponent get bored pretty quickly with the concept of losing 10 units to take 2 provinces that are retaken in the few following hours.
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • Opulon wrote:

I can see the idea, but why not just use the MRL speed, that is basically 1.5, which is the quickest of all units, to fall back and hit&run the group until it's dead ? Usually my opponent get bored pretty quickly with the concept of losing 10 units to take 2 provinces that are retaken in the few following hours.
      Agreed but this is to counter good players who also have artillery and other stuff.
      I am the best player of this game that was and ever will be
    • Kalrakh wrote:

1) Air Superiority Fighter, most important unit of the game

2) Mobile Radar (AWAC if you go for navy)

3) Choppers

4) Artillery

5) Anti-Air

Not sure how you want to include Officers, they are power houses, but they can't decide a war on their own.

Competatively probably more like this :whistling:

1) MRLS / Mobile Artillery

2) Cruiser

3) Mobile Radar / AWAC

4) SAM / Frigate

5) ASF
      I included the naval officer mainly from a casual point of view since they decide the naval war for early game :D
      none of the units listed can decide a war on their own because they cannot capture land ;) maybe infantry top unit in con
    • yzjqx wrote:

Dracula wrote:

yzjqx wrote:

I don't see how MBT can counter artillery?
      By leading our artillery and absorbing the damage by enemy artillery so that our artillery remain safe from enemy firing.
      Wouldn't the opponent just hit your forward unit run back and hit it until it is dead? Then they will engage with your artillery.
      There is no way enemy can know that it is tank and not artillery by just looking at radar plus artillery are usually stacked with anti air,I keep them very close to tanks so I hit them with artillery in seconds. But everyone has faced different circumstances so end of discussion.
      I am the best player of this game that was and ever will be
    • _dany20_ wrote:

You can't discuss the best units in CON without mentioning the Ultimate intelligence unit... The UAV

If you're in a coalition, at least one of your teammates definitely should have UAVs, they're an essential intelligence gathering unit especially during late game
      eeh they're really not "essential", nice to have but not having them doesnt hurt in the slightest
    • _dany20_ wrote:

You can't discuss the best units in CON without mentioning the Ultimate intelligence unit... The UAV

If you're in a coalition, at least one of your teammates definitely should have UAVs, they're an essential intelligence gathering unit especially during late game

UAV is probably no where near top. As Teb said, it is just something that is nice to have. Having to send it next to the unit and probably either over the border/within the sight range is basically giving ur opponent a free kill. Stealth uav takes too long to get and by the time you get it, ur opponents will probably reveal stealth units already. If you want an easy stealth unit for scouting then i guess lv 1 specops are cheaper to research than max level uav