"Shadowing" feature for naval units

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• "Shadowing" feature for naval units

I assume even the most dedicated players take a break during the day (and if you're like me, you only get to your games in the evenings and on the weekends).

Ever 'discovered' a sonar contact that, upon further inspection, is a naval unit from another player (transport, frigate, etc.) moving in the ocean as you happened to be sailing nearby? I find those pretty curious, and usually want to know where they are going, what they are moving and where... and unless you can sit there and continuously redirect your own naval units to stalk them, you eventually lose site of where they've gone.

I propose a shadow function for naval units; I'm not sure this is entirely feasible or practical, but we have a delay movement function - perhaps a function for naval units where you could select another players vessel and your ship or sub would stalk its movements from just within radar range? Similar to real life, if you don't know they are there, you won't see them. But also like real life, if I am not currently at my computer to watch and see, I could command my ships to shadow those vessels to monitor from afar.

Thoughts?