Tech tree update

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Factually the A10 Warthog is pretty much alone out there ... or rather was, until new, cheaper tactical Close Air Support planes became a reality in the recent years, specifically prop-driven low speed, low cost ones.
      We've discussed these in the team in the past and never really felt the need to address these special planes - for one main reason and that is that a low speed, low altitude close air support role is already provided by helicopters in the game (and in reality).
      Now one may argue that just like in reality we should differentiate - so I won't say "never"... rather "let's see".... but for the moment we are keeping the helis as our sole CAS platforms.

//G
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
    • Germanico wrote:

Factually the A10 Warthog is pretty much alone out there ... or rather was, until new, cheaper tactical Close Air Support planes became a reality in the recent years, specifically prop-driven low speed, low cost ones.
      We've discussed these in the team in the past and never really felt the need to address these special planes - for one main reason and that is that a low speed, low altitude close air support role is already provided by helicopters in the game (and in reality).
      Now one may argue that just like in reality we should differentiate - so I won't say "never"... rather "let's see".... but for the moment we are keeping the helis as our sole CAS platforms.

//G
      OR

How to say "NO" in 115 words, by Germanico.
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD