Making towed artillery and corvettes viable

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Making towed artillery and corvettes viable

As someone who's been playing this game for a decent amount of time, it's obvious that there is no point in using towed artillery or corvettes.
      I feel like there is some potential with those troops, and I think that that potential could be achieved if their mobilization time was shortened, like the national guards, making them more spammable.

Thoughts?
    • I don't have a ton of experience, but I think that corvettes are more useful than you think. Because:

1) Like any other ship (Corvettes, Frigates, Destroyers, and Cruisers), Corvettes do 2 damage to land troops.
      2) They cost less

So spamming Corvettes, which is what I'm doing in a game I'm playing, is actually doing good for me. lol
      "All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. That's how far the world is from where I am. Just one bad day." - The Joker
    • Mr. Boii wrote:

I don't have a ton of experience, but I think that corvettes are more useful than you think. Because:

1) Like any other ship (Corvettes, Frigates, Destroyers, and Cruisers), Corvettes do 2 damage to land troops.
      2) They cost less

So spamming Corvettes, which is what I'm doing in a game I'm playing, is actually doing good for me. lol
      They won't be as useful if you're playing aganist a player who understands naval warfare

Corvettes have a very small range...
    • Although towed are inferior to other artillery units they can be very useful.
      Enemy can't anticipate you are building them and they can fly meaning that you can quickly deploy them in combat.
      Equally good for defence as well as offense if you use them from your territory so that enemy doesn't see them. They can be very deadly in numbers.

Obviously they are early to mid game units, not worth to max lvl up them.

If you end up in a range fight against other superior arty units with equal numbers you did something wrong.
      Other arty units need higher lvl of buildings so you can always win in numbers. Or you can baith enemy to attack you with couple of infantry and mobile AA in front of your main force to invoke attack timer and try to throw volley on the enemy while timer is on.
      Anyway towed are not meant for arty duels so avoid it. Use airforce instead or better together with towed.

Now, they do need some buff but not in range. Probably they should remove terrain penalties or at least equal to other arty units.
      And maybe to lower electronic requirements for mobilization.
      Then we can see more towed in games.
    • First, thank you for not calling them Towered artillery.

Secondly, Corvettes can be useful for a limited time to prevent sea invasions.

As far as towed, well, maybe useful if you spam them.
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD