UPDATE NEWS 170503: THE FORTY-FIVE PLAYER MAP

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• UPDATE NEWS 170503: THE FORTY-FIVE PLAYER MAP

Dear Players,

CREATE NEW GAMES!

With this set of Updates we are encouraging you to branch out into new territories Ingame and in your real life.

Firstly, this week introduces the long-anticipated Forty-Five Player Map. This is a balanced map that we have designed, per your suggestions, in an effort to improve overall game play by increasing the opportunities for PVP conflict. In total, three countries were added to South America, five to Africa, four to Asia, six to Europe, and one to Oceania. This map should engage you in a more complex and challenging manner.

To be more precise, with this overhauled map, as a player you can explore what it feels like to be sandwiched between Russia and China as Kazakhstan, the world’s largest land-locked nation; or maybe you fancy tapas, and as a naval guy, the long coastline of Spain is appealing. The rugged north of Norway? Perhaps the complexities of managing strings of islands in Greece or in the Philippines is more to your preference, if not, then Mozambique in Africa.

Particular attention has been paid to balancing the existing 26 Player Map and expanding it to include 45 active players. Most important to note in this 45 Player Map, AI countries will now have absolutely NO ON-MAP RESOURCES attributed to their respective countries. This adjustment will have a very noticeable change in the strategies players employ in their campaigns.

Another noticeable change will be with the balancing changes to Manpower Resource Generation, Annex Time, and Annex Costs. Essentially, this means that your Manpower Resources will be created quicker, and Annexing will be more efficient and cost effective. These changes will affect both maps, but as with all balancing changes, some of them will only impact games created after the deployment of this Update. So, if you want to ensure that you and your fellow commanders benefit from these updates, join or, even better:

MAKE SURE TO START A NEW MAP TO ENJOY ALL THESE GREAT CHANGES!

Predominantly, changes that we make to the game affect only those games initiated after the deployment of the Update. If you’re noticing that things haven’t changed in your current games, that’s because they haven’t.

So, out with the old- and in with the new! Spread the word. Go on, coerce your peers!

Lastly, we would also like to highlight the updated War Declaration notification, which will now remain pleasantly ignorant while your Stealth Aircraft, Stealth UAV’s, and Special Forces Units run their operations across borders.

As always your insights, suggestions, and comments are hugely influential. Thank you. Keep the feedback coming.

The world is your...battlefield, make it yours.

//Your CON Crew

BALANCING CHANGES
      • Increased Manpower Resource Generation from 1 to 1.33.
      • Reduced Annex Time by 50% to 6-12h (depending on morale).
      • Reduced Annex Cost of Supplies 50% and Manpower 50%.
      • 26 Player Map balancing overhaul.
      CHANGELOG
      • Fixed: The War Declaration notification which allows Stealth units to cross borders without provoking a change in diplomacy status.
      • Fixed: Embarking and disembarking troops are no longer able to retreat.
      • Fixed: Client error message when moving aircraft.
      • Fixed: Client error when moving army units.
      • Fixed: The arrow in the Tutorial lingered into the new game.

The post was edited 4 times, last by Wemedge ().

• Hi Seele,

Germany has a harbor with Bremen (basically Bremerhaven) and there is no need for more cities. We have rebalanced the resources across the board and if we had added small nation resources the map would have been way to resource intense. Also the focus is NOT attacking small nations but waging war agsinst nations of similar size. And that is precisely what this map will encourage.
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
    • So I noticed that special forces, UAVs, and stealth vehicles can conduct movements across enemy borders unseen. Does this mean that you can attack enemy forces with stealth units? If, for example, I decided to use my spec-ops to attack a mechanized infantry battalion to clear a port for an invasion, would that start a war, or would I be fine? Also, I agree with bluewarrior6 on their above point.
    • Germanico wrote:

Red Commander: which bugs? Your post is trolling but carries no informative value whatsover. Commenting negatively on other people's work while enjoying their effort for free but complaining while doing so... sorry no respect.
      Trolling? If you'd done a good job setting proper styles on this forum (which you didn't), you'd have noticed the link in my previous post, instead of accusing me of some kind of childish activity.

Lack of population growth and inactive hospitals. THAT bugs.
    • Ahh this a good update, good work team :P
      The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants
      - Thomas Jefferson

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.
      - Milton Friedman

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.
      - Sun Tzu
    • Wemedge wrote:

• 26 Player Map balancing overhaul.

what that means exactly?

About new map:
      proooos:
      - more player states on the map

cons:
      - no AI resources is simply absurd - you are forcing, yes forcing! players to fight. I expect a lot of rushing. Conquering AI pointless - only for very highly strategic purposes like ability to make airbase. What you did is even worse then one of ideas from map discussion: adding not balanced player states. But ok, I'll have opportunity to use MacArthur leapfrogging- I'll jump from one player state to another. At least only for one map, bc I'm not planning to start more of 45s.
      - Ukraine has european doctrine, Poland still has eastern (or as devs call it "russian", so btw. why the hell not name it that way, why bother to guise?). Buhahaha, pointless even to comment that further.

Perhaps you should at last do something with TDs, cities not growing, or radars/helos not moving by sea + bunch of other things. You know, some bug fixing rather than giving us map that is structurally faulted. And no, it's not trolling, it's my player feedback. Here a little sarcasm: tell me guys/gals (devs I'm referring to), do you even play this game on daily basis? So you know, you could experience changes you make on your own skin. You want to enrich this game? Give us new units you have promised, scenario maps, not graphic fountains (sprites) and features from outer space (I can't stop laughing when I think about that no resource AI cities - does someone know some other game with feature like this?).

PS
      One more proooos: perhaps trading will be more fluent now while AI will not be conquered and have some resources from the sky to sustain its military. Or not, only you knows how you did that part.

PPS
      in map search window there is no 45 map option, at least on my language version. Only 2x standard (lower is the new map).

AFTER EDITION:
      One more thing. Manpower is not really an issue (only at the beginning - to some extent).
    • Germanico wrote:

Coming in the next installment (100+ map)

I like the 45 player map (so far) and the rest of the changes (except the change where AI cities can no longer produce resources), but when you say 100+ players, that scares me a bit. I've seen that many players want it, but already there's a huge difference in the size in some of the player countries, and some appear to have more cities than provinces (ex. Romania, Serbia, Philippines, Iraq, and Greece), while some (like Russia, USA, Canada, China) have at least 10 provinces to every city. With a 100+ player map, extremely small countries will be playable, and that would mean in less than a day someone could overrun the entire country. I personally think we should just keep the 26 and 45 player maps, and for future updates just focus on more realistic warfare, more tech trees, and more technology (4th generation researches???).

I would like someone who wants an 100 player map to point out my misconceptions.

All that said, I still appreciate all the effort the developers put into this excellent game.
    • Germanico wrote:

Portugal could also be playable ...

B-17 wrote:

Germanico wrote:

I like the 45 player map (so far) and the rest of the changes (except the change where AI cities can no longer produce resources), but when you say 100+ players, that scares me a bit. I've seen that many players want it, but already there's a huge difference in the size in some of the player countries, and some appear to have more cities than provinces (ex. Romania, Serbia, Philippines, Iraq, and Greece), while some (like Russia, USA, Canada, China) have at least 10 provinces to every city. With a 100+ player map, extremely small countries will be playable, and that would mean in less than a day someone could overrun the entire country. I personally think we should just keep the 26 and 45 player maps, and for future updates just focus on more realistic warfare, more tech trees, and more technology (4th generation researches???).

I would like someone who wants an 100 player map to point out my misconceptions.

All that said, I still appreciate all the effort the developers put into this excellent game.
      It makes sense what you said.

But no one will be forced to take small countries.

On the other hand, it will be an excellent opportunity to develop strategies to develop.

And another, just do not go out attacking that nor crazy the NPC.
    • ok, here should be text but I'm tired of fighting with forum auto censor. Devs, it's simply silly and what is more important - prevents people from helping you by giving theirs feedback. So for now on I'll post images with my posts when auto censor hits me (at least as far I'd be willing to post here :P). I was referring to this issue many times. You are loosing on it, not me.
      Files