Software Error traps units on the wrong side of an NPC's border

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Software Error traps units on the wrong side of an NPC's border

Folks,

I submitted a formal bug report about this and got a reply that wasn't helpful. I replied (twice) to that reply, and haven't heard any news in the last 24 hours or more.

In my game, Hungary is a computer/AI country. I ordered a stack holding a large fraction of my units to move close to the Hungary border, but I didn't order them to cross that border.

I know that I didn't order them to cross the border because I wasn't shown a popup warning me that crossing the border would trigger a war between Hungary and me.

When the game software finished moving the units, it put them on *the Hungary side of the border* (maybe only by one pixel, but the game says they are on the Hungary side of the border now).

Now, when I try to move the units any distance in any direction, I'm warned that the move will trigger a war with Hungary.

I can't afford to start a war with (NPC) Hungary, so the stack of several units are all stuck in place, making them effectively useless.

This situation has existed for close to 48 hours now.

I need to get my units freed up . I need them elsewhere now.

What is your/my next step????

KFGauss
    • And, as I already told whoever replied to my Bug Report - Attempting that doesn't work.

When I try it, I am still told by the game that a war with Hungary will be declared when/if I move them.

Also, the only move I can request (in a friendly direction) out of the location where they are "stuck" is to the center of one of my provinces. I am unable to get the move-planning "arrow" to stop anywhere in between the border an that friendly province center. Making that move wouldn't cross a center, but it does end on a center.

KFGauss
    • KFGauss wrote:

And, as I already told whoever replied to my Bug Report - Attempting that doesn't work.

When I try it, I am still told by the game that a war with Hungary will be declared when/if I move them.

Also, the only move I can request (in a friendly direction) out of the location where they are "stuck" is to the center of one of my provinces. I am unable to get the move-planning "arrow" to stop anywhere in between the border an that friendly province center. Making that move wouldn't cross a center, but it does end on a center.

KFGauss
      I think he was referring to the center of an "enemy" province, not one of your own.
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • I understand.

I was telling him that I can't attempt to move in any direction, for any distance.

I explicitly mentioned the possibility of moving to a friendly province to ensure that he/they know that I have tried in all directions (there are only two: either continuing into Hungarian territory, or going out to my territory) , both friendly and non-friendly.
    • @Germanico

We must be talking past each other.

My units are on the border between Hungary's Harkany Province and Serbia's Osijek City.

Without actually writing it in your earlier reply, are you trying to tell me this:
      • if I tell my stack to move to the center of Osijek City (but not beyond that center), and if
      • I ignore the warning that tells me the move will trigger a war with (NPC) Hungary, that
      • My stack will then fully return to friendly territory (Osijejek city), and that
      • Hungary will NOT declare war?

What I see as the question left dangling by our earlier exchange is whether or not Hungary will go to war. The game software is warning me that says that Hungary will declare a war. I need to know if that war threat is bogus.

KFG
    • KFGauss wrote:

@Germanico

We must be talking past each other.

My units are on the border between Hungary's Harkany Province and Serbia's Osijek City.

Without actually writing it in your earlier reply, are you trying to tell me this:
      • if I tell my stack to move to the center of Osijek City (but not beyond that center), and if
      • I ignore the warning that tells me the move will trigger a war with (NPC) Hungary, that
      • My stack will then fully return to friendly territory (Osijejek city), and that
      • Hungary will NOT declare war?

What I see as the question left dangling by our earlier exchange is whether or not Hungary will go to war. The game software is warning me that says that Hungary will declare a war. I need to know if that war threat is bogus.

KFG
      Yes, I understand, I think that is what he is telling you, but I'd make sure to get the clarification from him, since he is da man. Da "No" man, but still da man.
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD