war consequences

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• war consequences

Hi!

1- I was wondering, how much being in war with state(s) affects my morale? Does it affects also other variables?
      I mean, the handicap I receive from beeing in war with a state, depends by the number of its provinces left, or its population left, or no matter the provinces but just the number of states you in war with, or ... ?

2- Moreover, if a State i'm in war with is AI or is human but not played, and I change my status to peace with it, will it change its status too or wil remain in war forever?

I would understand if is convenient to conquer just a piece of a state, for resources and strategy, and leave it alive and in war with me, or it will affect me badly (morale, or what else..). Moreover, I left some islands-provinces unconquered after a war, so i'm still in war with that state: how much is it conveniente to conquer or leave them?

thanks
    • 1. Being at war with one state causes morale across all your territories to have a -2 modifier. There are no other consequences than that. although based on wording by the mods gives the impression that AI countries are more likely to declare war on countries already at war..?
      This persists until there are no more enemy provinces left.

2. Humans may, but AI likely will not...

It has no benefits as far as I know, and I usually build marines so that I can take the island provinces. However, the modifier is quite small, so there are a good many players who don’t bother with investing resources in removing the modifier by completely defeating the country.

Ofc this is all my opinion and other people will likely be more accurate ;)
      Currently on (potentially permanent) hiatus

Instead of choosing wings to fly, we chose hands to hold with each other.

Yet the sky still fascinates us, is it such a crime to keep on dreaming?
    • riccz wrote:

Hi!

1- I was wondering, how much being in war with state(s) affects my morale? Does it affects also other variables?
      I mean, the handicap I receive from beeing in war with a state, depends by the number of its provinces left, or its population left, or no matter the provinces but just the number of states you in war with, or ... ?

2- Moreover, if a State i'm in war with is AI or is human but not played, and I change my status to peace with it, will it change its status too or wil remain in war forever?

I would understand if is convenient to conquer just a piece of a state, for resources and strategy, and leave it alive and in war with me, or it will affect me badly (morale, or what else..). Moreover, I left some islands-provinces unconquered after a war, so i'm still in war with that state: how much is it conveniente to conquer or leave them?

thanks
      why the the fuck would you leave people alive
      and getting rid of the -2 is way more convenient than having that penalty
      I am The Baseline for opinions
    • 737373elj wrote:

1. Being at war with one state causes morale across all your territories to have a -2 modifier. There are no other consequences than that. although based on wording by the mods gives the impression that AI countries are more likely to declare war on countries already at war..?

It has no benefits as far as I know, and I usually build marines so that I can take the island provinces. However, the modifier is quite small, so there are a good many players who don’t bother with investing resources in removing the modifier by completely defeating the country.

thanks 73!
      sorry for my newbie knowledge, but saying "-2 modifier" you mean that for each country i'm in war with, i have a constant -2 moral all over my territories? so if i'm in war with one state, i'll reach 98% maximum morale?
    • riccz wrote:

737373elj wrote:

1. Being at war with one state causes morale across all your territories to have a -2 modifier. There are no other consequences than that. although based on wording by the mods gives the impression that AI countries are more likely to declare war on countries already at war..?

thanks 73!sorry for my newbie knowledge, but saying "-2 modifier" you mean that for each country i'm in war with, i have a constant -2 moral all over my territories? so if i'm in war with one state, i'll reach 98% maximum morale?
      Each province and city has its own base morale level (provinces are 90% and cities are 80% if I remember right). So when you have a -2 morale modifier across all provinces, it means each province’s morale will go down by 2, hence -2. For example, if your city is at 80% morale, it will become 78% and etc.
      Hope this clarifies!
      Currently on (potentially permanent) hiatus

Instead of choosing wings to fly, we chose hands to hold with each other.

Yet the sky still fascinates us, is it such a crime to keep on dreaming?
    • riccz wrote:

thanks 73!sorry for my newbie knowledge, but saying "-2 modifier" you mean that for each country i'm in war with, i have a constant -2 moral all over my territories? so if i'm in war with one state, i'll reach 98% maximum morale?
      As 737373elj already said, everything has a base moral. Not homeland cities have a lower base moral than homeland cities. You can lower the moral by e.g. being at war and other stuff, but you can also higher it, by buildings specific buildings like bunkers. If the actual moral differs from this moral, it ill in-/deccrease until they are the same.
      a.k.a. jem and and eres