From my latest game ...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• It's funny, if you didn't know about the game mechanics and looked at this map, you'd think my bro Rozne was winning by a large margin:
      -
      all hail Rozne.jpg
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • You know how they say "you learn something new every day"???

Well today I learned that if you nuke an empty province as opposed to an empty city, there is no contamination.

Below, I just hit the center point of each of these 3 Michigan provinces with a nuclear cruise missile, but since there were no units, no contamination????

mich.jpg
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

• Kalrakh wrote:

There is no population, so nothing to be nuked and nobody who could decontaminate
      Well I guess, "game mechanics" wise, but provinces ARE supposed to have some people in them. I mean it's not like everyone live in Logan's Run Dome cities. And besides, fallout shouldn't depend on people to be present.
      The KING of CoN News!!!

• Jemandanderes wrote:

Kalrakh wrote:

There is no population, so nothing to be nuked and nobody who could decontaminate
      I always thought provinces would have a rather tiny, but also immortal population of one. But maybe they just absorb the nuke and the contamination due to their immortality.
      That does make sense, considering how the province's production stays the same after the nuke.
      "CoN is a game of 80% skill and 20% luck" - Tifo_14

"I don't get paid enough to do anything" - Germanico

Nothing stops the Tifo :thumbup:
    • Well, it looks like I'm going to have to finish this one out mostly by myself. Despite setting my buddy Rozne up with an airbase to take all the Levant, Asia Minor and Middle east, he seems to have gone to sleep. My Padawan, is doing more now, but still is drawn into RL so much it is dragging her campaigning out torturously. In all fairness to her, she's a kid and overall is amazingly consistent compared to most of her youth.
      The KING of CoN News!!!

• Did something I don't usually do and paid the price. I have held Norway and had made peace with Sweden after they attacked me and I took 3 territories for their impertinence and then offered them peace. So Later my Padawan decides to take Sweden and I agree to help, putting me back at war with Sweden. I help out Poland by clearing units out in a more northern area, but neither of us do anything around Gothenburg. Next thing I know, Sweden breaks out of Gothenburg with 1 tier 3 infantry 1 tier 2 AFV and 1 tier 3 Recon, takes my territory marked with the red X below. SO, I fly up a tier 3 Naval strike from Frankfurt, hit the stack with a nuclear cruise missile and finish it off with a sortie by the Naval strike. ... it was at this point I did something I never do. Noticing a ground blip on the radar in Gothen burg, I set my Naval strike to bomb it after it refuels from that last bit and send my tier 2 Mech inf in Oslo down to retake my Red X territory and the city of Gothenburg as payment for making me do work and retake Red X. Then I go to make dinner and watch some TV.

-

situ.jpg4
      When I get back, I see while I have taken back Red X, my mech inf is gone, presumably dying in Gothenburg. And coincidentally, I have gotten back just in time to see my Naval Strike make one last attack on Gothenburg and die.
      I am livid!!!!
      Even tho I had a NG in the splash radius, (who was supposed to be backup against insurgency when my Mech inf took the city) I hit the city with an ICBM blowing it all to hell, including my poor NG. So, now I have to send troops from Hamburg up to capture it.
      BTW, their were SIX AFVs in Gothenburg.
      The KING of CoN News!!!

• Dealer of Death wrote:

Did something I don't usually do and paid the price. I have held Norway and had made peace with Sweden after they attacked me and I took 3 territories for their impertinence and then offered them peace. So Later my Padawan decides to take Sweden and I agree to help, putting me back at war with Sweden. I help out Poland by clearing units out in a more northern area, but neither of us do anything around Gothenburg. Next thing I know, Sweden breaks out of Gothenburg with 1 tier 3 infantry 1 tier 2 AFV and 1 tier 3 Recon, takes my territory marked with the red X below. SO, I fly up a tier 3 Naval strike from Frankfurt, hit the stack with a nuclear cruise missile and finish it off with a sortie by the Naval strike. ... it was at this point I did something I never do. Noticing a ground blip on the radar in Gothen burg, I set my Naval strike to bomb it after it refuels from that last bit and send my tier 2 Mech inf in Oslo down to retake my Red X territory and the city of Gothenburg as payment for making me do work and retake Red X. Then I go to make dinner and watch some TV.

-

situ.jpg4
      When I get back, I see while I have taken back Red X, my mech inf is gone, presumably dying in Gothenburg. And coincidentally, I have gotten back just in time to see my Naval Strike make one last attack on Gothenburg and die.
      I am livid!!!!
      Even tho I had a NG in the splash radius, (who was supposed to be backup against insurgency when my Mech inf took the city) I hit the city with an ICBM blowing it all to hell, including my poor NG. So, now I have to send troops from Hamburg up to capture it.
      BTW, their were SIX AFVs in Gothenburg.
      A perfect example of how a player can work around an unprecedented situation and make everything work out (at least at the time being)
      "CoN is a game of 80% skill and 20% luck" - Tifo_14

"I don't get paid enough to do anything" - Germanico

Nothing stops the Tifo :thumbup: