What is "Global Popularity"?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• 737373elj wrote:

I think it affects the likelihood of AI countries to declare war on you
      I often wondered about popularity. Because if you notice, on YOUR info, it's "global" popularity, but on others info, it's "our" popularity.

To boot, take for instance my Elite Bomber test game. I have a global popularity of 43% after landing 6 Ballistic missiles on Sweden, and having been the #1 most Notorious nation for the last 14 days. Meanwhile, the highest "our popularity" of any opponent is 57% for several countries with 1 VP. Meanwhile Canada, or rather the few remnants of Canada has a "our popularity" of 19%, and they never attacked anyone, and the only thing they did wrong was being in possession of land I want and get attacked by me. In fact, all the other agressive countries at the top of the leader board have "our popularities" in the mid to low 20's, so why am I at 43%????

Are these 2 different things? What the Hell influences it? Why would your popularity go down if you are attacked? So many questions.
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • Popularity . Just like in real world , for example , when there were clashes between Indian and Chinese soldiers , Chinese popularity in India decreased and people had a strong anti-China sentiment (as well Chinese products banned) .

Now back to the game , if you invade a country , the people of your enemy country will start hating you . But also see the fact that people in other countries (which are not your allies) will develop hate .
      like in real world , Iraq invaded Kuwait and not only Kuwaitis hated Iraq , but also did the Americans and many other countries , which is the global popularity .

If the global popularity is too low , your A.I neighbours may declare war against you because the people are too much angry . This often happens in Flashpoint maps when all your neighbours have gone inactive and A.I controls them .
    • OK, Rozne, that's a nice speech, but it doesn't have anything to do with the actual game situations I just described in relation to the popularity scores. I am the most vicious, am the most notorious, yet have a rather high global popularity, at 43% meanwhile Canada who has been victimized by me, is #1 on the CoN news popular nations poll, yet has the lowest popularity score I can find at 19%
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

• Dealer of Death wrote:

OK, Rozne, that's a nice speech, but it doesn't have anything to do with the actual game situations I just described in relation to the popularity scores. I am the most vicious, am the most notorious, yet have a rather high global popularity, at 43% meanwhile Canada who has been victimized by me, is #1 on the CoN news popular nations poll, yet has the lowest popularity score I can find at 19%
      Are you referring to the "Our Popularity" in Canada ?
    • My own theory is that ‘our popularity’ is the popularity of the ruling party / ruler of the country within the country itself. So when you attacked Canada the Cubans hated the Canadians and the Canadian’s popularity within Cuba fell. Meanwhile, everybody doesn’t exactly like you what with all the nuking and all, but they still like your vast territorial gains and etc.
      Imo
      Currently on (potentially permanent) hiatus

Instead of choosing wings to fly, we chose hands to hold with each other.

Yet the sky still fascinates us, is it such a crime to keep on dreaming?
    • So, .... then, "Our popularity" is the player's popularity in that country?

and no listing of anyone else's Global popularity is given.

You can see your own popularity worldwide, or in any particular country, but you can't see any particular country's popularity world wide.

Seems dumb.
      The KING of CoN News!!!

• I tested how working popularity moral ups, i put some 'right to way' in small or large nations, them i get popularity 53% to 67% i think (if i remember that number right), if use war mode, them that move is back to 53%, if use first war mode on (Serbia ( for examples), before rigth to way mode on (Crimea and Bulgaria), them mode it is 67%.

P.S. I know risk, don't mentions to me.
      Guns are always loaded.