WAR ... PEACE, what's the difference?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• WAR ... PEACE, what's the difference?

Apparently, YOUR status with another country governed by AI doesn't really make any difference. Now don't get me wrong, that AI governed country's status with YOU is important and has game effects, but YOUR status with it does not.

Why do I say this? Well I told you all about my Elite Bomber test map, where I'm fleshing out the Elite Bomber on a Flashpoint map. And in that game, I (as Cuba) decided to take Portugal's Azores to have a forward base in the south Atlantic. Immediately after I took the Azores, I changed my status with Portugal to Cease Fire, and then a day later to Peace, in the almost totally vain hope that the now AI controlled country might agree to change to peace. Now I know this almost never happens, BUT it has happened a few times for me in the past.

In any case, I forgot all about it because I was busy taking Canada and dropping Missiles on Sweden.

So, now it's time to re-engage in Europe, and I decided, since I had already ticked off Portugal, I might as well invade there. Well lo and behold, I'm just about to take the last 2 provinces of his country, and I discover I have been "At Peace" with Portugal throughout my entire conquest of him.

So obviously MY STATUS with him is completely irrelevant to what I do.

Weird.
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • Dealer of Death wrote:

Apparently, YOUR status with another country governed by AI doesn't really make any difference. Now don't get me wrong, that AI governed country's status with YOU is important and has game effects, but YOUR status with it does not.

Why do I say this? Well I told you all about my Elite Bomber test map, where I'm fleshing out the Elite Bomber on a Flashpoint map. And in that game, I (as Cuba) decided to take Portugal's Azores to have a forward base in the south Atlantic. Immediately after I took the Azores, I changed my status with Portugal to Cease Fire, and then a day later to Peace, in the almost totally vain hope that the now AI controlled country might agree to change to peace. Now I know this almost never happens, BUT it has happened a few times for me in the past.

In any case, I forgot all about it because I was busy taking Canada and dropping Missiles on Sweden.

So, now it's time to re-engage in Europe, and I decided, since I had already ticked off Portugal, I might as well invade there. Well lo and behold, I'm just about to take the last 2 provinces of his country, and I discover I have been "At Peace" with Portugal throughout my entire conquest of him.

So obviously MY STATUS with him is completely irrelevant to what I do.

Weird.
      Odd, but thankfully in my opinion this doesn't really hurt the game. All it does is give a few cool screenshots to share with friends.

Thanks for bringing to my attention, I'll have to try this!