Coalition Carriers

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Coalition Carriers

Currently carriers are an extremely challenging naval ship to obtain. You need a level 5 naval base and a lot of resources. In the end, carriers can be very powerful as well. However, not only is a carrier required, you also must get special naval aircraft instead of using your current. This is also very costly. Carriers just do not seem worth all the requirements at this point. One of the most frustrating things about a carrier is that you allies cannot use it. Airfields on the other hand, can be used by anyone with right of way or in your coalition. Because carriers are so hard to get, there should be more reward. Getting a weapon of war so expensive is only really used in a coalition, where you can spare resources on more special items instead of more infantry and other expendable units without the risk of invasion.
      I suggest that your allies should be able to land on your carrier. This way they can buy naval craft, and you are not required to get all the air force yourself, which is overly expensive and doesn't seem worth it. This coalition carrier feature would help with co-op invasions, and would make the aircraft carrier much more powerful. To prevent from your carriers filling up with your coalitions air force and not letting any space for your air craft to land, a approval system can be introduced. This way your allies air craft may only land once you accept them. Perhaps coalition carriers can be introduced with the Security Council membership.
      I think that coalition carriers would improve the game and help balance carriers. Thank you for reading this and take this into consideration during your next update! Have a good Thanksgiving!
    • I don't agree that is a good idea, So no thank you. There are some very good players here that might make it very unfair. Think about it in real life. During large Naval exercises and even war. Countries don't share Air Craft Carriers.

For Example: During Operation Desert Storm during the 1990's there were several countries were involved including the United Kingdom and the United States. UK Aircraft do not land on US Carriers and visa versa.

Respectfully doing this would turn off some player to this game, many of which are veterans who play this game.

Thank You
      US Navy Veteran.
    • previously this option was available from the very beginning of the game, but then it was removed. Therefore, the idea of joint use of the aircraft carrier by all allies from the coalition is good! Somewhere on the forum this question has already been raised before your appeal. Also, some of the players have already sent a request to the support service by email. So let's wait!
    • Vicera_Darkone wrote:

I don't agree that is a good idea, So no thank you. There are some very good players here that might make it very unfair. Think about it in real life. During large Naval exercises and even war. Countries don't share Air Craft Carriers.

For Example: During Operation Desert Storm during the 1990's there were several countries were involved including the United Kingdom and the United States. UK Aircraft do not land on US Carriers and visa versa.

Respectfully doing this would turn off some player to this game, many of which are veterans who play this game.

Thank You
      US Navy Veteran.
      Perhaps, but this game is not real life and this would balance carriers and make them fairer. Currently they seem to function as expensive toys.

Furthermore, if being realistic is a priority I would recommend lobbying for patrol times to be reduced. That seems like far more of an issue than carrier-sharing.
    • The thing about Conflict of Nations is you are in conflict from day 1. On day one, you have no army besides a few infantry and combat recons. In real life, the whole planet isn't warring amongst itself forever, so you have time to build an army. It would be like the first 50 days of a game you had to just assemble an army and you couldn't attack, and the next 60 were for real fighting. That would give you time to get carriers. Though in CON, you have limited time and resources, which is why coalition carriers should be introduced.
    • I personally also don't agree with this. Carriers are expensive now to balance them, preventing every single nation from being able to afford 10 carriers each. If coalitions were able to share carriers, there would be no motivation for some people to build carriers. In addition, players would be able to piggyback on the superior economic achievements of other players.
      DoctorDR1

Game Operator

EN Community Support

Conflict of Nations | Dorado Games

"Commander Cody, the time has come. Execute Order 66" -Sheev Palpatine
    • DoctorDR1 wrote:

I personally also don't agree with this. Carriers are expensive now to balance them, preventing every single nation from being able to afford 10 carriers each. If coalitions were able to share carriers, there would be no motivation for some people to build carriers. In addition, players would be able to piggyback on the superior economic achievements of other players.
      Though, you have the ability to pick your allies. So if you see your doing all the work while your ally sits there, kick them. Everyone in the coalition shouldn't be required to get both carriers and naval craft.
    • kurtvonstein wrote:

i dont get why everyone is so keen of aircraft carriers...i havnt seen anybody using them as a gamechanger...which at the costs they bring there must be something to them...

but again i dont get why people do air raid and submarine officers...
      Exactly. Currently they are underpowered, so this would be a nice hotfix to add complexity to the game and balance them.
    • The Paradox of Air Force in CoN.

If you fail to have proper anti-air, you get mauled 0.1 K/D
      If you have proper anti-air, you maul air with 10 K/D

No middle ground.
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • Opulon wrote:

The Paradox of Air Force in CoN.

If you fail to have proper anti-air, you get mauled 0.1 K/D
      If you have proper anti-air, you maul air with 10 K/D

No middle ground.
      If you do not have proper anti-air, you maul air but they maul you too 1 K/D :D
      Currently on (potentially permanent) hiatus

Instead of choosing wings to fly, we chose hands to hold with each other.

Yet the sky still fascinates us, is it such a crime to keep on dreaming?