Coalition Carriers

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Coalition Carriers

Currently carriers are an extremely challenging naval ship to obtain. You need a level 5 naval base and a lot of resources. In the end, carriers can be very powerful as well. However, not only is a carrier required, you also must get special naval aircraft instead of using your current. This is also very costly. Carriers just do not seem worth all the requirements at this point. One of the most frustrating things about a carrier is that you allies cannot use it. Airfields on the other hand, can be used by anyone with right of way or in your coalition. Because carriers are so hard to get, there should be more reward. Getting a weapon of war so expensive is only really used in a coalition, where you can spare resources on more special items instead of more infantry and other expendable units without the risk of invasion.
      I suggest that your allies should be able to land on your carrier. This way they can buy naval craft, and you are not required to get all the air force yourself, which is overly expensive and doesn't seem worth it. This coalition carrier feature would help with co-op invasions, and would make the aircraft carrier much more powerful. To prevent from your carriers filling up with your coalitions air force and not letting any space for your air craft to land, a approval system can be introduced. This way your allies air craft may only land once you accept them. Perhaps coalition carriers can be introduced with the Security Council membership.
      I think that coalition carriers would improve the game and help balance carriers. Thank you for reading this and take this into consideration during your next update! Have a good Thanksgiving!
    • chickenbio wrote:

Currently carriers are an extremely challenging naval ship to obtain. You need a level 5 naval base and a lot of resources. In the end, carriers can be very powerful as well. However, not only is a carrier required, you also must get special naval aircraft instead of using your current. This is also very costly. Carriers just do not seem worth all the requirements at this point. One of the most frustrating things about a carrier is that you allies cannot use it. Airfields on the other hand, can be used by anyone with right of way or in your coalition. Because carriers are so hard to get, there should be more reward. Getting a weapon of war so expensive is only really used in a coalition, where you can spare resources on more special items instead of more infantry and other expendable units without the risk of invasion.
      I suggest that your allies should be able to land on your carrier. This way they can buy naval craft, and you are not required to get all the air force yourself, which is overly expensive and doesn't seem worth it. This coalition carrier feature would help with co-op invasions, and would make the aircraft carrier much more powerful. To prevent from your carriers filling up with your coalitions air force and not letting any space for your air craft to land, a approval system can be introduced. This way your allies air craft may only land once you accept them. Perhaps coalition carriers can be introduced with the Security Council membership.
      I think that coalition carriers would improve the game and help balance carriers. Thank you for reading this and take this into consideration during your next update! Have a good Thanksgiving!
      You should just be happy the way things are now since they buffed the carriers up, now at least the initial carrier can carry a full 5 plane strike force, unlike before.
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • Dealer of Death wrote:

chickenbio wrote:

You should just be happy the way things are now since they buffed the carriers up, now at least the initial carrier can carry a full 5 plane strike force, unlike before.
      Carriers are still pretty bad. They are incredibly expensive and require a fleet of units to maintain. I still don’t see how they are more than minorly useful, expensive toys, despite the update which went it the right direction.
    • chickenbio wrote:

In my opinion, that part of the carrier is unneeded. I doubles in space each upgrade which is not needed. Instead, lower carrier capacity and allow for coalition members to land on you carrier.
      So you would reject the move made toward realism : Increased number of aircraft able to based on them

for

A move that has no basis in reality: Everybody sharing a carrier like it was the neighborhood ho?
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

• Dealer of Death wrote:

chickenbio wrote:

In my opinion, that part of the carrier is unneeded. I doubles in space each upgrade which is not needed. Instead, lower carrier capacity and allow for coalition members to land on you carrier.
      So you would reject the move made toward realism : Increased number of aircraft able to based on them
      for

A move that has no basis in reality: Everybody sharing a carrier like it was the neighborhood ho?
      When was reality a massive concern for this game? Also it is a minor change, not like I am suggesting an alien invasion mode.
    • Dealer of Death wrote:

chickenbio wrote:

for

Furthermore, I am not saying that the recent aircraft plane expansions should be revoked. I support those changes.
    • Pafufu wrote:

Dealer of Death wrote:

chickenbio wrote:

So you would reject the move made toward realism : Increased number of aircraft able to based on themfor

When was reality a massive concern for this game? Also it is a minor change, not like I am suggesting an alien invasion mode.
      Do you KNOW it is a minor change? Tho I saw something about it being that way before, I don't remember a time when that was so.
      The KING of CoN News!!!

• Dealer of Death wrote:

Pafufu wrote:

Dealer of Death wrote:

chickenbio wrote:

So you would reject the move made toward realism : Increased number of aircraft able to based on themfor
      Do you KNOW it is a minor change? Tho I saw something about it being that way before, I don't remember a time when that was so.
      Well, it seems like one since it only affects one unit.
    • Pafufu wrote:

Dealer of Death wrote:

Well, it seems like one since it only affects one unit.
      I'm pretty sure the number of units it affects isn't the big determinant in whether it is major or minor. It's probably which affect game mechanics the most/least severely, or whether a switchable flag was built into the unit for that effect. So yeah, it might be easy, or it may be a nightmare, or even impossible due to legacy code.
      The KING of CoN News!!!

• I see people making aircraft carriers and do not even have heli or naval air. Seems like they are stacking them and using their anti air and hp to soak up damage. Definitely not what an aircraft carrier is suppose to be used for. It should be an offensive weapon but i feel its not up to snuff yet in that regard with small amount of air you can land on it. Who wants to develop naval air when you have to first get a super expensive aircraft carrier and then you have to level it up and the naval air and even then you are going to be way behind land base air stacks which will be bigger and more abundant. But if they can hold too many planes and heli all you will see is aircraft carriers running around and will maybe unbalance the game?
    • Imo the cost of aircraft carriers will always be a handicap for creating them, and prevent dozens of them running around.
      This also ties in to my view: if aircraft carriers are already so expensive, a small (imo) buff will not change anything. Even if coalition mates can use your carriers, they will still need to create the proper aircraft to use them. And not all people feel the need to create Naval Strikes / helis anyway
      Currently on (potentially permanent) hiatus

Instead of choosing wings to fly, we chose hands to hold with each other.

Yet the sky still fascinates us, is it such a crime to keep on dreaming?
    • sundance175 wrote:

I see people making aircraft carriers and do not even have heli or naval air. Seems like they are stacking them and using their anti air and hp to soak up damage. Definitely not what an aircraft carrier is suppose to be used for. It should be an offensive weapon but i feel its not up to snuff yet in that regard with small amount of air you can land on it. Who wants to develop naval air when you have to first get a super expensive aircraft carrier and then you have to level it up and the naval air and even then you are going to be way behind land base air stacks which will be bigger and more abundant. But if they can hold too many planes and heli all you will see is aircraft carriers running around and will maybe unbalance the game?
      Every upgrade to a carrier gives it double the capacity. That is not necessary. Those upgrades are overpowered and unneeded. Anyways, naval craft are so hard to get that you will not have filled carriers at all. No matter what, it is clear that carriers are not powerful enough. People are only getting them for the flex and an extra 100 for your other ships.
    • chickenbio wrote:

sundance175 wrote:

I see people making aircraft carriers and do not even have heli or naval air. Seems like they are stacking them and using their anti air and hp to soak up damage. Definitely not what an aircraft carrier is suppose to be used for. It should be an offensive weapon but i feel its not up to snuff yet in that regard with small amount of air you can land on it. Who wants to develop naval air when you have to first get a super expensive aircraft carrier and then you have to level it up and the naval air and even then you are going to be way behind land base air stacks which will be bigger and more abundant. But if they can hold too many planes and heli all you will see is aircraft carriers running around and will maybe unbalance the game?
      Every upgrade to a carrier gives it double the capacity. That is not necessary. Those upgrades are overpowered and unneeded. Anyways, naval craft are so hard to get that you will not have filled carriers at all. No matter what, it is clear that carriers are not powerful enough. People are only getting them for the flex and an extra 100 for your other ships.
      I find them indispensable as attack helo carriers in the zombie games.
      The KING of CoN News!!!