Flashpoint

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• blindy1 wrote:

What is up with all the players names user....... with numbers following name? The fun in the game is playing live players not bots :) When did this change happen ?

Thanks
      The players named UserXXXXXXX are not bots, tho the game would be better if they WERE AI controlled bots. No, the players named UserXXXXXXX are Mobile players who decided not to pick a name. 99.9% are woeful noobs who can't figure anything out and most of them immediately go inactive.
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • Actually it is not mobile exclusive only. You can still start the game on desktop without registration and immediately go inactive leaving the name "userxxxx" in the game.

So it's not mobile game problem but very bad tutorial. Also the fact all new players start in Flashpoint instead on a little single player tutorial bubble. And they play 1x game speed expecting real time strategy but not that one where units will travel 2+h to the nearest province.
    • You can say it's not a mobile game problem all you like, but the fact remains, there weren't all these userxxxxxxx accounts until there was a mobile game. I never saw a single 1, not 1.

So yes, it is quite and exactly a mobile users problem.
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

• 737373elj wrote:

Dorado would disagreeAn unfortunate side effect of the money machine
      Of course, but then I wasn't the one complaining about it. I already accepted it as part of the price of admission.
      The KING of CoN News!!!

• Dealer of Death wrote:

You can say it's not a mobile game problem all you like, but the fact remains, there weren't all these userxxxxxxx accounts until there was a mobile game. I never saw a single 1, not 1.

It is not true!
      I personally made a second account on desktop before they released mobile and my name was userxxxx.
      I did it to test the game, never change the name and eventually things inside particular flashpoint game were interesting to keep me playing and I won with userxxx account on "his" first game.
      There were several userxxxx's in that game.
      That's not my main account, just for testing BEFORE MOBILE.
      So what you're saying it's not the fact.

However it is true now there are even more new accounts in flashpoint, that's one of the reasons I am not playing the for now.
      But as said it is not mobile exclusive.
    • Zemunelo wrote:

Dealer of Death wrote:

You can say it's not a mobile game problem all you like, but the fact remains, there weren't all these userxxxxxxx accounts until there was a mobile game. I never saw a single 1, not 1.

It is not true!I personally made a second account on desktop before they released mobile and my name was userxxxx.
      I did it to test the game, never change the name and eventually things inside particular flashpoint game were interesting to keep me playing and I won with userxxx account on "his" first game.
      There were several userxxxx's in that game.
      That's not my main account, just for testing BEFORE MOBILE.
      So what you're saying it's not the fact.

However it is true now there are even more new accounts in flashpoint, that's one of the reasons I am not playing the for now.
      But as said it is not mobile exclusive.
      AAAAUUUUGGGHHHH!
      I wasn't saying you couldn't generate a USERXXXXXXX type account that way, BUT RATHER that almost all USERXXXXXXX accounts ARE generated that way, THEREFORE Mobile IS THE PROBLEM
      The KING of CoN News!!!

• I used to like Flashpoint when i first started playing CON. There were a lot of live active players but unfortunately that does not seem to be the case anymore. It seems like it is the default map for new players which go inactive for the most part. Maybe something could be done to make that map fun again? Maybe another flashpoint map that is restricted to a certain rank and a map for 1st time players only? I would also like to see a system that makes your RANK relevant to the game. More games that are rank restricted and give incentive to move up. Also maybe tracking player activity as a stat which would allow you to be restricted or be given access to certain games. Need some more perks in this game as well. Not monetary but could be "cosmetic". Since this game has gone mobile i think it needs to start finding a way to attract and keep young players interested. Once again..i think their needs to be a version of the game that does not take multiple weeks or months long commitment. Younger adults will not and do not want to do this. I am not an young adult or anywhere close to that lol. I am just saying that your player base will die out (literally) in time. Mobile will help attract younger players but it will not keep them playing again once they see how long this game takes. Create a lower VP option and you will see floods of people in that game...and lower the resource requirments for research and builds to balance it.

The post was edited 2 times, last by sundance175 ().

• They just need that - special Flashpoint 4X maps for newcomers. Tutorial 4X is very important as explained about young players in previous post.
      And other maps to be like at least lvl2 or better lvl3 requirements to join.
      Ofc much better tutorial than build this, click attack there, aaaand...there is your magical button called gold.

Than we can play Flashpoint again.
    • Zemunelo wrote:

They just need that - special Flashpoint 4X maps for newcomers. Tutorial 4X is very important as explained about young players in previous post.
      Ofc much better tutorial than build this, click attack there, aaaand...there is your magical button called gold.

oh yes the tutorial lol . When I was new , I played my first game as Baltic States and they told me to use gold in tutorial . I thought nothing happens without gold in this game untill I was left with only 6 of them .
    • Rozne Eltobliv wrote:

Zemunelo wrote:

They just need that - special Flashpoint 4X maps for newcomers. Tutorial 4X is very important as explained about young players in previous post.

oh yes the tutorial lol . When I was new , I played my first game as Baltic States and they told me to use gold in tutorial . I thought nothing happens without gold in this game untill I was left with only 6 of them .
      LOL

My first game was with the UK v Scotland tutorial and I was convinced everyone would be using gold. So I got some. Then I used it all up before I even got out of the British Isles. Did some really stupid things with it too. Good thing I made friends with an experienced player playing Italy who took me under his wing invited me into his coalition and showed me the ropes. So my first game ended in a coalition victory!
      The KING of CoN News!!!

• sundance175 wrote:

Portugal was my 1st country i ever played. What a 1st time experience...was so cool. Joined a coalition eventually and i just remember there was ALOT of active players that were trying to win. I will always love "Portugal" and Flashpoint even though i will probably not play that map again until it gets more competitive.
      Fortunately, I joined long enough ago that my first game had mostly active players
      The KING of CoN News!!!