Play as Russia, very easy lost. Does everyone see it right?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• You basically need to get at least a few allies to protect your borders, then attack the weaker countries / team up against the stronger countries. Your economy is indeed not a problem, so you need to produce lots of units to cover your borders, since you are extremely over extended and your east is unprotected.

Experienced players won't have too much difficulty if they get the necessary allies, but a lot of the time the noobs take it because they think it'll be better. Naturally being worse players they either don't make the right alliances or get run over when a stronger player comes along.
      Currently on (potentially permanent) hiatus

Instead of choosing wings to fly, we chose hands to hold with each other.

Yet the sky still fascinates us, is it such a crime to keep on dreaming?
    • Rozne Eltobliv wrote:

you need allies if you play as Russia. Russia will not have economic problems . So on first day we can research more tech than we do on other nations . Just make your country easily-travel able by building airports and make sure your neighbours don't attack too early .
      everyone has same resspurces on first days thus you cannot research more
      @Dorado If you Close the Forum and move everything to Discord you will lose my Feedback for sure.
    • 737373elj wrote:

You basically need to get at least a few allies to protect your borders, then attack the weaker countries / team up against the stronger countries. Your economy is indeed not a problem, so you need to produce lots of units to cover your borders, since you are extremely over extended and your east is unprotected.

Experienced players won't have too much difficulty if they get the necessary allies, but a lot of the time the noobs take it because they think it'll be better. Naturally being worse players they either don't make the right alliances or get run over when a stronger player comes along.
      I see when Russia create coalition, very much country want apply into Russia's coalition. I think, we can attack ealry (when they is computer) to end early. I think Russia is easy lost if Norway, Sweden and Finland allies.
    • Never played Russia but would love to try. Unfortunately I like Flashpoint map and there is no Flashpoint with rank requirements or 4x Flashpoint map (with rank as well).
      Meaning Flashpoint map is useless at the moment.

But I can assume, you have to invest in airports and use defensive strategy with regular infantry, scouts, towed arty etc as those are the troops that can fly on day 1 using airports.
      Than choose what hard unit type you want to use. Probably tank destroyer to continue your defensive strategy. And what arty you want later on because towed is useful in early and mid game but not in late stage.
      Also you have to build bunkers in core cities, especially near borders.
      And go for airforce.

Ofc you have to expand, defansive strategy does not mean to become turtle.
      Normally I prefer to take 3 new cities per day but that is my strategy for small countries.

With Russia maybe it is not so important to expand much in the beginning. It's more about your planing what units you will produce mostly and according to that to search cities to expand.
      For example you will lack electronics if you are forcing airforce and towed in the beginning.
      Or you expand because of strategic importance to move your borders from your cores. But only easy pray.

I do see a problem there with AA cos they can't fly for a long time so to be able to quickly move them maybe you have to invest into the infrastructure as well.

That been said Russia seems to me as a country that can boom in mid and late game stage and in early game to be more defansive. Ofc that depends on diplomacy too. But I really don't like first day coalitions, hence I don't like to be in a coalition before first 10 days. I want to see how things are going on and to strategically decide.

If you loose one core city it is not the end for Russia. If you loose one core city as small country it is the end.

What do you who already played Russia think about this strategy? Your experience?
    • It's best created coalition with China (A-C) Mongolia (B-C), Iran (B-C), Kazahstan (A-C), Belarus (B-C), Ukraine (maybe not, because case 2014.(rare cases yes in it, B-C)) and Japan (B-C), others; Finland, Norway, North Korea and Caucasia it's easy defence it.

Plan A (A-C)
      Plan B (B-C)

If there has coalition 7x or 10x slots, them it's much easier play it.
      Guns are always loaded.
    • 737373elj wrote:

Kranzegrad wrote:

But there isn’t, and that’s part of the challenge of playing it ;)
      No fair! Where did you get the Kranzegrad to English dictionary?
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • Zemunelo wrote:

Never played Russia but would love to try. Unfortunately I like Flashpoint map and there is no Flashpoint with rank requirements or 4x Flashpoint map (with rank as well).
      Meaning Flashpoint map is useless at the moment.

But I can assume, you have to invest in airports and use defensive strategy with regular infantry, scouts, towed arty etc as those are the troops that can fly on day 1 using airports.
      Than choose what hard unit type you want to use. Probably tank destroyer to continue your defensive strategy. And what arty you want later on because towed is useful in early and mid game but not in late stage.
      Also you have to build bunkers in core cities, especially near borders.
      And go for airforce.

Ofc you have to expand, defansive strategy does not mean to become turtle.
      Normally I prefer to take 3 new cities per day but that is my strategy for small countries.

With Russia maybe it is not so important to expand much in the beginning. It's more about your planing what units you will produce mostly and according to that to search cities to expand.
      For example you will lack electronics if you are forcing airforce and towed in the beginning.
      Or you expand because of strategic importance to move your borders from your cores. But only easy pray.

I do see a problem there with AA cos they can't fly for a long time so to be able to quickly move them maybe you have to invest into the infrastructure as well.

That been said Russia seems to me as a country that can boom in mid and late game stage and in early game to be more defansive. Ofc that depends on diplomacy too. But I really don't like first day coalitions, hence I don't like to be in a coalition before first 10 days. I want to see how things are going on and to strategically decide.

If you loose one core city it is not the end for Russia. If you loose one core city as small country it is the end.

What do you who already played Russia think about this strategy? Your experience?
      I used played Russia 2 time. A time is WW3 (I don't remember is 4x or 1x). At that time, I create coalition (5 slot) with member is Japan, China, Mongolia and France but Afghanistan and Ukraine ally. They is the gold player. just now, I play Russia in Overkill (3 slot). I create coalition with Japan and Turkey). I am going to ally with Sweden and Korea, but Norway, Finland and Belarus become a coaltion. And they cooperate with Sweden attack me.-_- I am also playing Call of War and I see Trade Embargo, it's very interesting. If anyone country which are going to attack us. We will Trade Embargo to they is fired upon :D Especially large countries or countries located deep homeland. Such as China want attack Vietnam but afraid countries which near China attack, we will Trade Embargo. It will very interesting :) .
      Now, I think if a coalition as Russia, Japan and Turkey, the best way is attack countries which computer is playing to prevent they has coalition. I think to Japan send a few troop to Russia. Example, Russia invade 3 city of Belarus. Japan will invade the provinces closest. I think play as Russia, it need the unity of the alliance.
      I only win game when play as: "Philipinnes, Vietnam (usually win, lose 1 time), Cuba, Turkey (Turkey in Flashpoint), Canada (Canada in Flashpoint), Norway (Norway in Flashpont), Laos (1 times), Dr.Congo (win by other coalition save), South Africa, Oman (Oman in Bool and Oil), Madagascar (Madagascar in Overkill), Cambodia (Cambodia in WWZ), Italy (Italy in Flashpoint), Arghentina (WW3)
      The countries which I lose: Dr.Congo, Cameroon, Russia, Mali, Brazil, Paraguay, Japan, China, Somali, Kenya, Indonesia.
      The remain countries, I join but I am not play :v
    • no idea if japan is a really helpfull ally...i would go with finnland/kazacshstan/ukraine or belarus.

If this mean i lose the 1 cities in the pazific coast(which i woudl get back in mid game) then this is acceptable.
      But the important part is to have the europea center where you hold your cluster of core cities safe. so having majority of player that can rush you as allies helps.

buy some time and build up necessary defenses...and then its: attack is the best defense
      @Dorado If you Close the Forum and move everything to Discord you will lose my Feedback for sure.
    • 737373elj wrote:

Kranzegrad wrote:

That why CoN putting 3x and 5x coalition slots. But i not belive it, if comming 7x or 10x coalition slot, them players has it's easy play it, and real problem is; less of half year later, players getting boring that CoN game, later CoN has shutting down, because very low players and very lows money profit. This mean falls of CoN game. That why coalition 7x and 10x slots are forbidden use in game or suggest in that game. I like 5x slots coalition capacity in large maps, but i don't likes 7x or 10x slots coalition capacity in CoN maps, because single player nation has been annihilated by large coalition less than in week.
      Guns are always loaded.
    • Kranzegrad wrote:

737373elj wrote:

Kranzegrad wrote:

That why CoN putting 3x and 5x coalition slots. But i not belive it, if comming 7x or 10x coalition slot, them players has it's easy play it, and real problem is; less of half year later, players getting boring that CoN game, later CoN has shutting down, because very low players and very lows money profit. This mean falls of CoN game. That why coalition 7x and 10x slots are forbidden use in game or suggest in that game. I like 5x slots coalition capacity in large maps, but i don't likes 7x or 10x slots coalition capacity in CoN maps, because single player nation has been annihilated by large coalition less than in week.
      It's as if by keeping the coalition sizes small they are creating a conflict.....*puts on sunglasses*.....OF NATIONS! :D :D :D :D :thumbup: