Troops Stacks

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I can't say this is the best stack possible, but I usually combine AFVs with Mechanized to get 12dmg against soft targets and 12 dmg against hard targets (1 mech infantry + 1 afv). Often I use larger stacks like 2 mech infantry + 2 afvs. Alternatively, if I want to do an amphibious landing, I combine Marines with ACVs.
      War does not determine who is right, only who is left.
    • Crozbomb wrote:

Hi Everyone, looking for the definitive guide on ideal stacking of troops for all branches of the military to get the most out of each attack, defense, and HP's
      Thank you in advance for all your expert suggestions!
      Good strategy games are ones where there is no static "ideal". For every stack I present, you can present a stack that will defeat it. And then too, there is the matter of terrain. Will the battle be fought in mountains or in cities? And lastly, is the opponent a bot or a human, and, if human, are they active or inactive? Every change in every answer means a whole different "ideal" stack.

This is a good strategy game. ;)
    • DOA70 wrote:

Crozbomb wrote:

Hi Everyone, looking for the definitive guide on ideal stacking of troops for all branches of the military to get the most out of each attack, defense, and HP's
      Good strategy games are ones where there is no static "ideal". For every stack I present, you can present a stack that will defeat it. And then too, there is the matter of terrain. Will the battle be fought in mountains or in cities? And lastly, is the opponent a bot or a human, and, if human, are they active or inactive? Every change in every answer means a whole different "ideal" stack.
      This is a good strategy game. ;)
      haha silly human
      MRL/SAMS/ASF trinity goes brrt
      I am The Baseline for opinions
    • In general if you want to fight, max out your stack size and don't take 4 units if you could use 10 units. DPA (Damage per attack) matters if you want to keep your

Also a mixed stack of ASF and naval ASF will be a stack with only ASF.

And do not underestimate the power of officers and elite units.

Also take in consideration, that some unit types will suffer more damage than others.
    • Teburu wrote:

DOA70 wrote:

Crozbomb wrote:

Good strategy games are ones where there is no static "ideal". For every stack I present, you can present a stack that will defeat it. And then too, there is the matter of terrain. Will the battle be fought in mountains or in cities? And lastly, is the opponent a bot or a human, and, if human, are they active or inactive? Every change in every answer means a whole different "ideal" stack.This is a good strategy game. ;)
      haha silly humanMRL/SAMS/ASF trinity goes brrt
      Easy as pie to kill that stack. Move in a couple SAMs so that the ASF patrol circle just barely touches the attack circle of the SAMs. Wait. When the ASF are dead or retreat, send in attack helicopters. As a kindness, I mail my opponent free body bags.
    • DOA70 wrote:

Teburu wrote:

DOA70 wrote:

Crozbomb wrote:

Good strategy games are ones where there is no static "ideal". For every stack I present, you can present a stack that will defeat it. And then too, there is the matter of terrain. Will the battle be fought in mountains or in cities? And lastly, is the opponent a bot or a human, and, if human, are they active or inactive? Every change in every answer means a whole different "ideal" stack.This is a good strategy game. ;)
      Easy as pie to kill that stack. Move in a couple SAMs so that the ASF patrol circle just barely touches the attack circle of the SAMs. Wait. When the ASF are dead or retreat, send in attack helicopters. As a kindness, I mail my opponent free body bags.
      Well you totally forgot about his MRLs..

Get close enough and you'll need to deal with the ground units' beast lol
    • _dany20_ wrote:

DOA70 wrote:

Teburu wrote:

DOA70 wrote:

Crozbomb wrote:

Well you totally forgot about his MRLs..
      Get close enough and you'll need to deal with the ground units' beast lol
      No, my SAMS will be well outside the range of his MRLs (work out the ranges for yourself, I've already done it in multiple games). And if he moves his planes so that their patrol is so far within the MRL range that my SAMs can't get to them, then I send one chopper in, trigger their attack, and strike with the others while his aircraft fly back to base and reload. So, under the absolute worst of circumstances, I will lose 1 chopper. Otherwise, he's lost 5 planes and a 10 stack ground force to my ... nothing. Easy. Peasy.
    • DOA70 wrote:

_dany20_ wrote:

DOA70 wrote:

Teburu wrote:

DOA70 wrote:

Crozbomb wrote:

Well you totally forgot about his MRLs..Get close enough and you'll need to deal with the ground units' beast lol
      No, my SAMS will be well outside the range of his MRLs (work out the ranges for yourself, I've already done it in multiple games). And if he moves his planes so that their patrol is so far within the MRL range that my SAMs can't get to them, then I send one chopper in, trigger their attack, and strike with the others while his aircraft fly back to base and reload. So, under the absolute worst of circumstances, I will lose 1 chopper. Otherwise, he's lost 5 planes and a 10 stack ground force to my ... nothing. Easy. Peasy.
      I find it quite humorous how much you simplify combat.

First off, moving in sams to hit asf patrol circle is a flawed plan most of the time because no one with a brain would even patrol asf right on top of their mrls. Asf are a reactive unit and should not be sat on top of the mrls + aa stack (awacs are often present).

If you just send one chopper in to "trigger their attack" why should they send their entire asf stack at your helicopter? there are usually reserve stacks anyways and people will wait for ur copper to be outside around half of the range of sams before patrol attacking your helicopter thus killing ur helicopter and taking 0 damage.

Also i don't see how "he lost 5 planes and a 10 stack ground force to my ... nothing" will work out because no one in the right mind would just sit their 5 asf (or more) on top of a sam.

When teb said the MRLS/SAMS/ASF trinity he wasn't saying you only have those three units. It just refers to the concept of combining artillery with anti air and asf (also radar is a must but not directly stated). Afaik it is still the current meta strategy and you will be hard pressed to combat it with a more effective ground combat tactic.
    • yzjqx wrote:

DOA70 wrote:

_dany20_ wrote:

DOA70 wrote:

Teburu wrote:

DOA70 wrote:

Crozbomb wrote:

Well you totally forgot about his MRLs..Get close enough and you'll need to deal with the ground units' beast lol
      I find it quite humorous how much you simplify combat.
      First off, moving in sams to hit asf patrol circle is a flawed plan most of the time because no one with a brain would even patrol asf right on top of their mrls. Asf are a reactive unit and should not be sat on top of the mrls + aa stack (awacs are often present).

If you just send one chopper in to "trigger their attack" why should they send their entire asf stack at your helicopter? there are usually reserve stacks anyways and people will wait for ur copper to be outside around half of the range of sams before patrol attacking your helicopter thus killing ur helicopter and taking 0 damage.

Also i don't see how "he lost 5 planes and a 10 stack ground force to my ... nothing" will work out because no one in the right mind would just sit their 5 asf (or more) on top of a sam.

When teb said the MRLS/SAMS/ASF trinity he wasn't saying you only have those three units. It just refers to the concept of combining artillery with anti air and asf (also radar is a must but not directly stated). Afaik it is still the current meta strategy and you will be hard pressed to combat it with a more effective ground combat tactic.
      Wow! You assume sooooooooo much there. I'm not even going to bother further with you. Enjoy your self-assessed superiority and move along.
    • DOA70 wrote:

yzjqx wrote:

DOA70 wrote:

_dany20_ wrote:

DOA70 wrote:

Teburu wrote:

DOA70 wrote:

Crozbomb wrote:

I find it quite humorous how much you simplify combat.First off, moving in sams to hit asf patrol circle is a flawed plan most of the time because no one with a brain would even patrol asf right on top of their mrls. Asf are a reactive unit and should not be sat on top of the mrls + aa stack (awacs are often present).

Wow! You assume sooooooooo much there. I'm not even going to bother further with you. Enjoy your self-assessed superiority and move along.
      he's right tho

also this is one hell of a chainquoting
      I am The Baseline for opinions
    • Teburu wrote:

he's right tho
      Of course, but he's assuming so much that it renders the entire exchange meaningless. Hell, I can beat anything at any time if we assume that I am active 100% of the time and have 10 billion gold at my disposal.

The initial post asked the ideal stack. I pointed out that for any *STATIC* stack, there is a counter that can beat it. You put forth the current meta and I displayed how that meta is beaten. Then bozo the clown proceeds to demonstrate how my counter can be countered, by an active player employing *gasp* strategy! Well gee thanks capt obvious. I had no idea that a move could be countered by an active player doing things to respond to a dynamic situation. And here the entire time I was playing this game I thought we had to mail in each move 1 week in advance, step by step.
    • Teburu wrote:

DOA70 wrote:

yzjqx wrote:

DOA70 wrote:

_dany20_ wrote:

DOA70 wrote:

Teburu wrote:

DOA70 wrote:

Crozbomb wrote:

I find it quite humorous how much you simplify combat.First off, moving in sams to hit asf patrol circle is a flawed plan most of the time because no one with a brain would even patrol asf right on top of their mrls. Asf are a reactive unit and should not be sat on top of the mrls + aa stack (awacs are often present).

he's right tho
      also this is one hell of a chainquoting
      Did somebody say chain?
    • DOA70 wrote:

Teburu wrote:

he's right tho
      Of course, but he's assuming so much that it renders the entire exchange meaningless. Hell, I can beat anything at any time if we assume that I am active 100% of the time and have 10 billion gold at my disposal.

The initial post asked the ideal stack. I pointed out that for any *STATIC* stack, there is a counter that can beat it. You put forth the current meta and I displayed how that meta is beaten. Then bozo the clown proceeds to demonstrate how my counter can be countered, by an active player employing *gasp* strategy! Well gee thanks capt obvious. I had no idea that a move could be countered by an active player doing things to respond to a dynamic situation. And here the entire time I was playing this game I thought we had to mail in each move 1 week in advance, step by step.
      > but he's assuming so much that it renders the entire exchange meaningless
      whine all you want but it cannot hide your hypocrisy

Don't attempt to satirically criticize my example for the same problem your "strategy" or "plan" is centered about.
      If you didn't realize, your so called "counter" basically revolves around the hope that you are more active than your opponent while they just sit on top of your sam range. It also ASSUMES that they do not move their artillery stack in to shoot the aa or move the asf out of the way. Both of which are rudimentary tasks involving a few clicks (not too beyond your mental capacity i hope?).

It isn't imperative to be a mastermind or 100% active all the time to properly use the meta strategy without dying to some dude's "master plan" of how to counter it. Seriously though, if your "counter" is countered "by an active player employing *gasp* strategy", can it even be considered a counter at all?

I would recommend that you think your argument through before you call someone else a clown you warm toilet seat.
    • Dealer of Death wrote:

Fact is there is a counter for every combination stack, even if that counter is Dorado nerfing the MRLs.
      I believe I said all of this right here^^^
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD