Favorite type of Infantry?

    This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

    • Favorite type of Infantry?

      For myself I find mechanized infantry to be the most effective, and as such generally try to get a european doctrine nation. Of course I struggle in mountains and jungles, but find that airpower can easily mitigate this, with large enough stacks of mechanized in most terrain u don't even need armor. One thing is it does make the european doctrine in my opinion far and away the best with the up leveled strike fighters dealing with any terrain ur mech cannot. I know eastern has the boosted special forces, but as they cannot conquer and require a lot of buildings they don't work as a standard troop. Does western have a boosted infantry unit? If not why? I feel like having good infantry is probably the most important as they are by far the cheapest and most common units.192.168.0.1 routerlogin 192.168.l.l

      The post was edited 1 time, last by natimewad28 ().

    • I generally find Motorised Infantry to be the best infantry, due to being cheap and having ranged attack at final stage that can be useful.
      European Mechanised Infantry is indeed quite strong, and I use them quite frequently whenever possible. However, they are quite expensive, and takes a while to get them up.
      I'm not a Nat Guard spammer, but I've heard good things being said about Nat Guard spam.

      The other types of infantry are secondary units not meant to be used primarily. Airborne Infantry can be very fun to use due to their land-grabbing capabilities, but Marines can reach more places so I usually use the latter. I generally find Special Forces too expensive for their benefits.

      Ofc this is just my opinion and there are a bunch of people on this forum who are wholly dedicated to the worship of the Nat Guard god
      Currently on (potentially permanent) hiatus

      Instead of choosing wings to fly, we chose hands to hold with each other.

      Yet the sky still fascinates us, is it such a crime to keep on dreaming?
    • 737373elj wrote:

      I generally find Motorised Infantry to be the best infantry, due to being cheap and having ranged attack at final stage that can be useful.
      European Mechanised Infantry is indeed quite strong, and I use them quite frequently whenever possible. However, they are quite expensive, and takes a while to get them up.
      I'm not a Nat Guard spammer, but I've heard good things being said about Nat Guard spam.

      The other types of infantry are secondary units not meant to be used primarily. Airborne Infantry can be very fun to use due to their land-grabbing capabilities, but Marines can reach more places so I usually use the latter. I generally find Special Forces too expensive for their benefits.

      Ofc this is just my opinion and there are a bunch of people on this forum who are wholly dedicated to the worship of the Nat Guard god
      try national guard spam in a game and you'll know yourself . I've seen players getting the top rank without even researching basic infantry :D
    • I have never seen the national guard spam work. How could it? Weakest ground unit in the game besides SAM launcher (no ground defense), slower than contemporary motorized infantry in enemy territory by just a little, no good whatsoever against armor or support unless SAM launcher....IDK, please explain for me because I cannot fathom it working.


      I personally love mechanized infantry, I max them out almost every game. I try to go for the Western Doctrine as I mix them with the same amount of AFVs (which have better stats I believe than other doctrines). Same thing for European but TDs instead. Eastern doctrine, motorized infantry with tanks is what works wonders for me...been awhile since I used Eastern though. Ultimately, infantry are secondary units that pair really well with certain units.

      Marines are preferred in the Western Doctrine. They get 1.60 movement speed instead of 1.50. Would use them if they were any good at holding the line against an attack.

      If you prefer Airborne, you are quite special. They need an auto air assault on that they could use to hop around provinces instead of making you do it every single time you wanna go somewhere.
    • Darkmoonstryker wrote:

      I have never seen the national guard spam work. How could it
      Pretty simple, 1.5 movement, put on rush.
      Building 4 NG to every 1 infantry.

      Most importantly using air superiority with strike fighters, helicopters, or naval superiority.

      NG are all about numbers, expect a NG spammer to have stacks of 10 NG in defensive position as you cruise towards their captial, once engaged expect bombardment after bombardment but the real power of their military.

      The power of NG isn't in their military power, its in their ability to collect intel, to capture tiles, to fight off rebels and most importantly to overwhelm with share numbers. But like most units, you need a supportive cast, you need killers, 4 cities building killers, 1 city building capture units aka NG.

      Just play as Russia, have everyone of your cities spam building NG and by day 3/4 your military will be HUGE! (spend some gold for manpower)
      Don't capture cites, bypass cities and capture tiles, then move in your infantry, artillery and aircraft to clear them out. You will quickly reach 10 NG in all your 7? 8? cities by day 3. Capturing tiles you will always have intel on enemy movements, whats coming at you and you can plan a defensive poisition with huge amounts of men.

      I also like mechanized infantry, but the upkeep and cost when maxxed is just so expensive.
      They have like a hard limit of like 15 and then you just seem to run out of resources to keep producing them.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by crazystoner ().

    • crazystoner wrote:

      Darkmoonstryker wrote:

      I have never seen the national guard spam work. How could it
      Pretty simple, 1.5 movement, put on rush.Building 4 NG to every 1 infantry.

      Most importantly using air superiority with strike fighters, helicopters, or naval superiority.

      NG are all about numbers, expect a NG spammer to have stacks of 10 NG in defensive position as you cruise towards their captial, once engaged expect bombardment after bombardment but the real power of their military.

      The power of NG isn't in their military power, its in their ability to collect intel, to capture tiles, to fight off rebels and most importantly to overwhelm with share numbers. But like most units, you need a supportive cast, you need killers, 4 cities building killers, 1 city building capture units aka NG.

      You can't get 4 NG for every inf, you get maybe 2, but they fight worse and will increase upkeep immensely, not mention that they only start with about 75% hp early game

      If you have an excess amount of supply, motorized (max level 3) is your best bet.

      Airborne can be fun and speed up conquering.
    • alright here a real deal why some using National Guard.
      Because it the cheapest unit that can capture territory so we can save resource into investing other more important units.
      if you are using other type of infantry for only purpose of capture land. considered move to NG
      - downside, god it suck at reduce rebel spawn chance.

      My fev inf is NG and spec ops.
      Spec ops is just a fun unit to toy with, sure it can't capture land but who care. camping 10 of them in enemy HQ and see a report say enemy inf killed in one tick is funny as fuck
      no meta, I do what meta don't do and YEET them with ridiculous tactic. - IT YEET OR BE YEETED
    • Kalrakh wrote:

      You can't get 4 NG for every inf, you get maybe 2, but they fight worse and will increase upkeep immensely, not mention that they only start with about 75% hp early game

      If you have an excess amount of supply, motorized (max level 3) is your best bet.

      Airborne can be fun and speed up conquering.
      India played this MRL, AA, level 3 infantry strat last game. Then again he also went recon and tanks first.
      Was amusing watching a defeated Finland just annilate his tank stacks with a few strike aircraft. He killed 2 of my NG with a declaration of war and a surprise attack before i annilated his entire airforce and slaughtered his Ace Pilot!

      NG spawn at what your moral is, lose your homecity, or annex a city and they spawn with 20-50% hitpoints.
      Which is why having a decent sized hospital is a must, which also works very well for aircraft.

      As for 2 at most, even maxxed NG have a basic spawn time of 10 hours? Thats not including moral, recruitment and other lowering effects. You say 2, i say 4, you say MRLs i say well...
      When new season starts, come find me, ill play Russia and we can see whos strat is better.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by crazystoner ().

    • crazystoner wrote:

      Kalrakh wrote:

      You can't get 4 NG for every inf, you get maybe 2, but they fight worse and will increase upkeep immensely, not mention that they only start with about 75% hp early game

      If you have an excess amount of supply, motorized (max level 3) is your best bet.

      Airborne can be fun and speed up conquering.
      India played this MRL, AA, level 3 infantry strat last game. Then again he also went recon and tanks first.Was amusing watching a defeated Finland just annilate his tank stacks with a few strike aircraft. He killed 2 of my NG with a declaration of war and a surprise attack before i annilated his entire airforce and slaughtered his Ace Pilot!

      NG spawn at what your moral is, lose your homecity, or annex a city and they spawn with 20-50% hitpoints.
      Which is why having a decent sized hospital is a must, which also works very well for aircraft.

      As for 2 at most, even maxxed NG have a basic spawn time of 10 hours? Thats not including moral, recruitment and other lowering effects. You say 2, i say 4, you say MRLs i say well...
      When new season starts, come find me, ill play Russia and we can see whos strat is better.
      I wonder how you fit 9 hours (max NG) 4 times into 24 hours (max mot Inf), RO effects both units at the same rate, so it would be 4,5 hours for 12 hours, still does not fit 4 times.

      Not to mention the cost 600/450/850/1050 (max NG) to 950/700/1250/1500 (max mot inf), 4x NG would cost 2400/1800/3400/4200.


      If you really wish, you can beat a public game with only ASF, a pain in the ass but still doable, so such annecdotes proof hardly any value.
    • Kalrakh wrote:

      I wonder how you fit 9 hours (max NG) 4 times into 24 hours (max mot Inf), RO effects both units at the same rate, so it would be 4,5 hours for 12 hours, still does not fit 4 times.
      Don't look at maxxed RG, instead look at lvl 1 NG.
      And i didn't say 24 hours, i said 4 to 1, as in i can build 4 NG to your 1 infantry by being a more active player which would require me to load the game 4 times at certain intervals. Hours can pass before you put another infantry unit into production, likewise i might squeeze out 1-2 NG before production of something longer while i sleep. Example would be waking up in the morning and production of radar vans which are 18 hours? instead id product NG then after that radar vans. That way the next day when i wake up, i didnt have 6 hours of no production.
    • crazystoner wrote:

      Kalrakh wrote:

      I wonder how you fit 9 hours (max NG) 4 times into 24 hours (max mot Inf), RO effects both units at the same rate, so it would be 4,5 hours for 12 hours, still does not fit 4 times.
      Don't look at maxxed RG, instead look at lvl 1 NG. And i didn't say 24 hours, i said 4 to 1, as in i can build 4 NG to your 1 infantry by being a more active player which would require me to load the game 4 times at certain intervals. Hours can pass before you put another infantry unit into production, likewise i might squeeze out 1-2 NG before production of something longer while i sleep. Example would be waking up in the morning and production of radar vans which are 18 hours? instead id product NG then after that radar vans. That way the next day when i wake up, i didnt have 6 hours of no production.
      You can't, because I prefer convenience and have building queue and I doubt there is significant difference between comparing L1 and L4 :)

      Honestly I would never really produce that many infantry anyway, waste of resources. Not to mention how much so many NG will ruin your supply production.
    • Lol, no one here understands NG.
      NG is a unit to use in first 5 days when being invaded be early game spam. NG goes well with mobile anti air, TD, and towed arty. These 4 units will help you survive an early game blitz.
      Nations like Austria, Israel, south Korea, who did not join coalition or friends are too far away, need NG and the other defensive units. I added towed arty to help you deal much more damage than you take.
      "Le patriotisme, c'est aimer son pays. Le nationalisme, c'est détester celui des autres."-Charles De Gaulle, Leader of Free France in World War 2.
      English: "Patriotism is to love your country. Nationalism is hating that of others."
    • ewac123 wrote:

      Lol, no one here understands NG.
      NG is a unit to use in first 5 days when being invaded be early game spam. NG goes well with mobile anti air, TD, and towed arty. These 4 units will help you survive an early game blitz.
      Nations like Austria, Israel, south Korea, who did not join coalition or friends are too far away, need NG and the other defensive units. I added towed arty to help you deal much more damage than you take.
      Nah mate, thats what recon units are for.
      Since infantry are rather weak vs armour, rushing a bunch of recon units which are strong vs infantry are the way to go for that early blitz.

      NG are suitable throughout the entire game, as units to capture tiles.
      Need a tile captured, send NG.

      Last game i played, there was a golder, dropped enough gold to instantly produce over 25 destoriers, which is totally fine, its a mechanic in the game and something you have to deal it. Infact i love this mechanic, but more importantly was this player didnt have a single naval asset before i attacked. So his entire army was tanks, tanks in the jungle, so i sent in NG as desposable units and i played cat and mouse to his fustration. Baiting them out of cities, captured annexed cities, gather intel on composition and just wasting time until i could muster a force big and strong enough to counter his land assets.
    • Concur. NGs shine as anti-rush units in ultra early. After that, they shine as "the cheapest and most disposable" cannon fodder that can be used as efficient kamikaze rushers to disrupt enemy lines and attempt "infantry torpedoes" to cities and assets.

      It's the kind of things that is incredibly efficient against people that are not correctly active, and you can gut the majority of players in 4X with it. In 4X, i wonder if National guards couldn't be considered meta due to that sweet spot of "cost efficiency" and "force the other player to be active or die"
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.