Non Gold Games?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Non Gold Games?

Just a thought, I know the devs need to get paid and servers are not free, but... Is it even remotely possible to have a few games where no gold can be spent. I mean really. if you are not spending gold it is nearly impossible to win a solo game when there are golden armies in the game. even winning a coalition game is hard if your coalition is not spending... I'd like to check my skills and knowledge of the game. I mean we all know how gold works... pretty much a god mode, just depends on who has more. I've won a few games but only games where goldies either quit (questionable motives there) or get out spent.
    • ichangedmyname wrote:

Just a thought, I know the devs need to get paid and servers are not free, but... Is it even remotely possible to have a few games where no gold can be spent. I mean really. if you are not spending gold it is nearly impossible to win a solo game when there are golden armies in the game. even winning a coalition game is hard if your coalition is not spending... I'd like to check my skills and knowledge of the game. I mean we all know how gold works... pretty much a god mode, just depends on who has more. I've won a few games but only games where goldies either quit (questionable motives there) or get out spent.
      "NO!" -GermanicNo Bot

"And Closed" - GermanicNo Bot
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • Let’s face it, in the coalition I’m in that’s about to win, not a single person has spent a penny. This applies to half of all winning games I was in.
      Money, especially in small amounts, cannot account for skill. And that’s what I like about this game; that skill is still one of the most important factors to win
      Currently on (potentially permanent) hiatus

Instead of choosing wings to fly, we chose hands to hold with each other.

Yet the sky still fascinates us, is it such a crime to keep on dreaming?
    • 737373elj wrote:

Let’s face it, in the coalition I’m in that’s about to win, not a single person has spent a penny. This applies to half of all winning games I was in.
      Money, especially in small amounts, cannot account for skill. And that’s what I like about this game; that skill is still one of the most important factors to win
      Of course, in gigunda amounts, you can just throw skill out the window, if the person isn't completely retarded.
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • People say they don't use gold to win?
      How?
      How do you avoid being asked to pay gold to produce a unit?
      How do you annex a city without gold?
      Do you actually wait days maybe weeks to produce?
      Please educate me on how you win without using one gold bar?
      I stopped playing because I couldn't figure out how to create units fast enough to defend my territory without buying gold?
      If you join a coalition. I would think there is one or two allies using gold to progress and win.
      I've tried not using gold.
      Waste of time.
      Please explain the method used to win without using gold.
    • General Spock wrote:

People say they don't use gold to win?
      How?
      How do you avoid being asked to pay gold to produce a unit?
      How do you annex a city without gold?
      Do you actually wait days maybe weeks to produce?
      Please educate me on how you win without using one gold bar?
      I stopped playing because I couldn't figure out how to create units fast enough to defend my territory without buying gold?
      If you join a coalition. I would think there is one or two allies using gold to progress and win.
      I've tried not using gold.
      Waste of time.
      Please explain the method used to win without using gold.
      Just be patient? If you dont like winning, dont play this game. It is literally a game built on waiting. The only reason I use gold, which i get from winning games, not buying, is from either misclicks, or if I need a unit quickly.
    • That's not an answer.
      How do you win without using gold... Unless you are with a coalition that have gold users .
      If you spend 1gold bar, you can't answer the question.

How? What is the method used in winning without using gold?

I've tried waiting.
      While I'm waiting for units to be produced the enemy is firing missiles .

Waiting " is a roll of the dice on winning. I guess you might get lucky in certain situations and end up winning.
    • General Spock wrote:

That's not an answer.
      How do you win without using gold... Unless you are with a coalition that have gold users .
      If you spend 1gold bar, you can't answer the question.

How? What is the method used in winning without using gold?

I've tried waiting.
      While I'm waiting for units to be produced the enemy is firing missiles .

Waiting " is a roll of the dice on winning. I guess you might get lucky in certain situations and end up winning.
      Its actually rather simple:
      - learn to prioritize early on
      - be aggressive
      - try to keep your units alive by using a Hospital
      - learn what each unit does and use them accordingly
      - to add onto the previous one: actually build more than just Inf+Tanks

Source: I have mostly Solo wins with about 80-90% of them absolutely goldfree
      I am The Baseline for opinions