Wrong name of city Kiev (IT MYST BE KYIV)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Wrong name of city Kiev (IT MYST BE KYIV)

Kiev is wrong textual transcript of russian pronounciation ("Киев") of the capital of Ukraine, while ("Київ") transcript of ukrainian pronounciation - is the right one. This misstake is caused by old-fashion style of english-russian translation tradition that is still using, but needed to be fixed, detail here: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KyivNotKiev
    • Well...
      If Kiev is changed to Kyiv, what about the hundreds of other names that must be changed. For example:
      Bucharest --> București
      Rome --> Roma
      Lisbon --> Lisboa
      The list goes on and on and on, where do you stop? Most people recognise Rome as the proper English spelling for Roma, Milan as the proper English spelling for Milano. Why not do the same for Kiev?
      War does not determine who is right, only who is left.
    • happyzebra72 wrote:

Well...
      If Kiev is changed to Kyiv, what about the hundreds of other names that must be changed. For example:
      Bucharest --> București
      Rome --> Roma
      Lisbon --> Lisboa
      The list goes on and on and on, where do you stop? Most people recognise Rome as the proper English spelling for Roma, Milan as the proper English spelling for Milano. Why not do the same for Kiev?
      if that has to happen, Germany to Deutschland and Spain to España would have to be renamed.So it better remain Kiev.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Rozne Eltobliv ().

• Rozne Eltobliv wrote:

happyzebra72 wrote:

Well...
      Bucharest --> București
      Rome --> Roma
      Lisbon --> Lisboa
      if that has to happen, we will have to rename Germany to Deutschland and Spain to España. So it better remain Kiev.
      Yes. Rozne Eltobliv@

And worsed versions is China, Arabia lanquage etc, including province names too, how i can find intel spy in province names with unfamiar language. Like looking for a needle in a haystack. No sense at all it.
      Guns are always loaded.
    • I read this Wikipedia, it's full politica propaganda, i don't liked it, politica propaganda in CoN game, it's not suitable for it. examples japanese propaganda manga from early showa era (before WW2) is illegal, and it's banned for produce after WW2 and present.

But i have some sort idea, players can changed own homeland city names, but it's cost only by gold (250 or 500), and occupined cities can renamed it by annex city, you can renamed city, until after annexation, but it's cost only materials resource.
      Guns are always loaded.
    • Kranzegrad wrote:

Rozne Eltobliv wrote:

happyzebra72 wrote:

Well...
      Bucharest --> București
      Rome --> Roma
      Lisbon --> Lisboa
      if that has to happen, we will have to rename Germany to Deutschland and Spain to España. So it better remain Kiev.
      Yes. Rozne Eltobliv@
      And worsed versions is China, Arabia lanquage etc, including province names too, how i can find intel spy in province names with unfamiar language. Like looking for a needle in a haystack. No sense at all it.
      I did think about Chinese and Arabica and all languages which have different scripts but that will be even more confusing for a country like India where different cities fall in different language-speaking regions . (Delhi will be written in Hindi , Bangalore in Kannada , Hyderabad in Telugu, Ahmedabad in Gujarati and Kolkata in Bangla )
    • Rozne Eltobliv wrote:

Kranzegrad wrote:

Rozne Eltobliv wrote:

happyzebra72 wrote:

Well...
      Bucharest --> București
      Rome --> Roma
      Lisbon --> Lisboa
      Yes. Rozne Eltobliv@And worsed versions is China, Arabia lanquage etc, including province names too, how i can find intel spy in province names with unfamiar language. Like looking for a needle in a haystack. No sense at all it.
      I did think about Chinese and Arabica and all languages which have different scripts but that will be even more confusing for a country like India where different cities fall in different language-speaking regions . (Delhi will be written in Hindi , Bangalore in Kannada , Hyderabad in Telugu, Ahmedabad in Gujarati and Kolkata in Bangla )
      Yes.
      Guns are always loaded.