Occupying New Territory

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Occupying New Territory

Hi.

I’m not sure if this is the right place to post this, so apologies in advance. I’ve been playing the game for 40 in-play days and haven’t had many issues with the game that can’t be fixed by simply reloading. However I seem to have hit a bug when i cannot take over a new province. There is no military in the area but whenever I instruct infantry to attack- they begin firing at the province rather than occupying it. Is this something I’m doing wrong?

Any advice is much appreciated!
    • Kalrakh wrote:

Only certain infantry can 'claim territory'. Armor like Recons can not 'claim territory'.

To claim territory you must give move order into the center of the province.
      ... No ...

... Please, no, ...

... don't let, ... it ... be, ... ? ... THAT!?

---NoooOOOO!
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • If you want to occupy something, you need stuff that can occupy in your stack and have this stack on the province/city center once without attacking something in the center (after attacked unit is dead or retreets your can conquer, but not while fighting) or having right of way with the current owner. If you want to know if something can conquer, click on the unit type (e.g. CombatRecon Vehicle), than search for a "can occupy" (CombatRecon Vehicledoes not have one).
      Basically every infantry (unit from the infantry tab in research) can conquer except special forces. Tanks are not infantry.

If a stack contains one ranged unit (like towed artillery or level 6+ motorized infantry) and you set it to "attack", it'll move closer to the attacked thing until it's in range to shoot said thing and will then stop moving.
      a.k.a. jem and and eres
    • Commander wrote:

Hi.

I’m not sure if this is the right place to post this, so apologies in advance. I’ve been playing the game for 40 in-play days and haven’t had many issues with the game that can’t be fixed by simply reloading. However I seem to have hit a bug when i cannot take over a new province. There is no military in the area but whenever I instruct infantry to attack- they begin firing at the province rather than occupying it. Is this something I’m doing wrong?

If you want your troops to occupy the province then select "Move" instead of "Attack" when telling the unit where to go. I'm pretty sure that it would automatically attack if it runs into an enemy unit.
      "CoN is a game of 80% skill and 20% luck" - Tifo_14

"I don't get paid enough to do anything" - Germanico

Nothing stops the Tifo :thumbup:
    • Tifo_14 wrote:

Commander wrote:

Hi.

If you want your troops to occupy the province then select "Move" instead of "Attack" when telling the unit where to go. I'm pretty sure that it would automatically attack if it runs into an enemy unit.
      If you have max level infantry you can't use aggressive stance to make them stop and shoot, this works only for real artillery.