Petition from a Premium Account holder (paying customer)

    This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

    • Petition from a Premium Account holder (paying customer)

      Hi,

      I hold a Premium account mainly to support the developers with a yearly contribution for their work and dedication as well as to pay for the infrastructure.

      However the Premium features need some rework and it would be great if they are done before the next grafical UI change to benefit the display of the water in a more sparkeling blue gets strtred. I mean when was the last update where the devs introduced some really cool feature?

      The Building queue is a hassle. It is just not understandable how it works sometimes:
      Sometimes it prefers units before city building before province enhancements. Sometimes its the other way around. So you have to delete items from position way below the ones you have prioritized on the list with a Top Position because for some reason position 10 gets build before that and this will delay position 1. I dont care if position 10 gets build before postion 1-9 if they are queued in a city that has a production running. But then it should only start if the resources to start 1-9 are safe to start in time.
      Furthermore I sometimes have to empty the whole queue because i have an expensive research and just could not sum up the required supply/rares. And then i need to rework the building queue...so its sometimes nice but not the real time saving benefit.

      Second thing that bothers me is that i cannot go inactive. Where the hack is this an advantage for me? I i wanne go inactive then please let me do it...it dont want to reserve the spot and even worse ruin my statistics because i ran into a game with a massive gold spammer....

      Third the Waypoints for newly produced units does not take airports close by into consideration.
      Alle sagten: Das geht nicht. Dann kam einer, der wusste das nicht und hat es einfach gemacht.
    • kurtvonstein wrote:

      Hi,

      I hold a Premium account mainly to support the developers with a yearly contribution for their work and dedication as well as to pay for the infrastructure.

      However the Premium features need some rework and it would be great if they are done before the next grafical UI change to benefit the display of the water in a more sparkeling blue gets strtred. I mean when was the last update where the devs introduced some really cool feature?

      The Building queue is a hassle. It is just not understandable how it works sometimes:
      Sometimes it prefers units before city building before province enhancements. Sometimes its the other way around. So you have to delete items from position way below the ones you have prioritized on the list with a Top Position because for some reason position 10 gets build before that and this will delay position 1. I dont care if position 10 gets build before postion 1-9 if they are queued in a city that has a production running. But then it should only start if the resources to start 1-9 are safe to start in time.
      Furthermore I sometimes have to empty the whole queue because i have an expensive research and just could not sum up the required supply/rares. And then i need to rework the building queue...so its sometimes nice but not the real time saving benefit.

      Second thing that bothers me is that i cannot go inactive. Where the hack is this an advantage for me? I i wanne go inactive then please let me do it...it dont want to reserve the spot and even worse ruin my statistics because i ran into a game with a massive gold spammer....

      Third the Waypoints for newly produced units does not take airports close by into consideration.
      Yeah, those things pissed me off on more than one occasion, especially when they happened when I was AFK. I come back expecting something to be started, but instead it's something else, and now I'm down a critical resource. I have also had to cancel my entire build queue at times so I could save up enough resources for the next tech advance because units and buildings were taking down my rares and supplies too fast.
      *** Warning: This poster is on double secret probation ***

      "Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • Yeah, build queues has still its problems, but at least they improved it. Now you can put in the next building level, even if you have to repair the other first and you can put in units, even if all the buildings are still in construction. Drag and drop or another way to change the order though would be very helpful.

      I like the fact, that you can never turn inactive though. AI tends to do only stupid stuff, if you are to occupied to long in for 2 days or if you have a map just for testing.
    • I hate to pile on... but, the reordering of the queue has been a huge pain in the tuckus for as long as i care to remember. Early game, not a big deal, when there are only a dozen or so items on the menu. Later in the game, when I'm annexing cities and building reinforcements, that number can easily get into the 60's and upward.

      I don't pretend to understand the intricacies and workload involved in game creation, so i have nothing useful to offer as an alternative (except not jumping back to the top of the list when something further down is adjusted), but anything to make reordering easier would be appreciated.

      And... i've seen enough people get slapped down for suggesting that research should be queue-able but I wouldn't mind knowing the reason for it.
      Conflict of Nations

      "Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back!" Malcolm Reynolds
    • Kalrakh wrote:

      Yeah, build queues has still its problems, but at least they improved it. Now you can put in the next building level, even if you have to repair the other first and you can put in units, even if all the buildings are still in construction. Drag and drop or another way to change the order though would be very helpful.

      I like the fact, that you can never turn inactive though. AI tends to do only stupid stuff, if you are to occupied to long in for 2 days or if you have a map just for testing.
      well a game i was not active for more then 2 days i dont expect to win much...
      Alle sagten: Das geht nicht. Dann kam einer, der wusste das nicht und hat es einfach gemacht.
    • kurtvonstein wrote:

      Kalrakh wrote:

      Yeah, build queues has still its problems, but at least they improved it. Now you can put in the next building level, even if you have to repair the other first and you can put in units, even if all the buildings are still in construction. Drag and drop or another way to change the order though would be very helpful.

      I like the fact, that you can never turn inactive though. AI tends to do only stupid stuff, if you are to occupied to long in for 2 days or if you have a map just for testing.
      well a game i was not active for more then 2 days i dont expect to win much...
      Most people on those maps are either inactive themselves or hardly know how to play, so most of the times it does not matter.
    • Hey Kurtvonstein,

      Thanks for this post. Although I disagree with you when it comes to the addition of new features ( mobile isn't a feature, it's MUCH bigger than that) and we have recently released the mute player function along with a lot of quality of life improvements, Premium Subscription and Queuing do need another look and possibly a re-vamp.

      Noted!
      Alphh
      Community Manager
      Conflict Of Nations | Dorado Games
    • Hi Alpha,

      Thank you for your attention. As you said the features you have provied in the last couple of months are mainly Quality of Service.

      I would like to quote some of them, so you notice how well unaffected I might be to them in regards to my Premium status or how the game gets more challeging...


      GENERAL UPDATE (201117)

      Fixes:
      • Fixed issue of incorrect background graphic for aircraft landed on carriers
      • Fixed issue where registration was broken on Miniclip domain
      Changes:

      • Updated description for Reveal Nation’s Forces
      • Updated Declaration of War article text
      • Removed News Images on CoN Mobile application


      HOLIDAY UPDATE (201216)

      Changes:
      • Reworked a select number of icons for mobile client
      • Server side optimizations and performance changes
      • Added gold reward offer for free username change
      Fixes:

      • Fixed low Graphics setting
      • Fixed performance issues with newly released iPhone 12
      • Fixed instance of incorrect range circle on mobile

      GENERAL UPDATE (201103)

      Changes:

      • Changed A129 Mangusta image on information page
      • Updated season leaderboard information popup to make it clearer what the unlock conditions are
      • Updated text for Deceitful Act of War articles
      • Mobile changes:
        • Overhauled research widget
        • Added demolish feature
        • Added widget to inform players of desktop
        • Added credits button to the mobile client
        • Updated rally point icon
      Fixes:


      • Mobile: Fixed get link for cross-platform button
      • Desktop: Fixed issue where alliance page on player profile has wrong visual arrangement


      GENERAL UPDATE (201021)

      + + + MOBILE + + +
      • Fixed issue where shop sometimes opens behind the popup
      • Added Rush Army Functionality
      • Added Sonar Animation
      • New Selection Dial
      • Removed Countries that have 0VP in the Diplomacy List
      • Replaced Rank Icons
      • Added Message when IP Blocker engages
      • Added missing icon in Diplomacy Trade
      • Changed Notification for unsupported Maps in Mobile
      • General Improvement of Province Bar build/queue button
      + + + DESKTOP + + +

      • Fixed issue with special characters when naming units and then showing in the News.


      GENERAL UPDATE (201001)




      + + + Mobile + + +
      Changes:

      • Added reloading icon for Anti Air units
      • Added more special characters to font character set
      • Visual changes
        • Scaled down research icons
        • Updated Radar & Missile circle graphics
      • Changed default chatroom to Ingame for chat client
      • Added required rank icon for games list
      • Added ongoing discount prices to show in shop
      • Changed offer window to automatically close when timer expires
      • Optimized diplomacy widget
      Fixes:

      • Fixed issue where infantry cannot be built after research
      • Fixed missing fonts & translations in game descriptions
      • Fixed start button in unit info panel when unit is being mobilized
      + + + Desktop + + +
      Fixes:

      • Fixed community notitification graphic overlap on landing page
      • Removed maximum manpower attribute under respective tooltip
      Alle sagten: Das geht nicht. Dann kam einer, der wusste das nicht und hat es einfach gemacht.
    • Hey Kurtvonstein,

      I never said that our latest updates were directed at the Premium Subscription, in-fact I agreed that Premium needs some love & attention.

      This being said - one of the reasons for this is that we were working on launching mobile, which I hope you would agree is a huge feature, within itself. Whilst working on mobile we also made sure to keep updating the game as we go.

      I'm merely pointing out that our 'lack' of new features came from the fact that we were working on 1 big feature, being mobile. Now that we have done this and also improved on the mobile version, rest assured that new features will come, it's just a matter of time.
      Alphh
      Community Manager
      Conflict Of Nations | Dorado Games
    • Alphh wrote:

      Hey Kurtvonstein,

      I never said that our latest updates were directed at the Premium Subscription, in-fact I agreed that Premium needs some love & attention.

      This being said - one of the reasons for this is that we were working on launching mobile, which I hope you would agree is a huge feature, within itself. Whilst working on mobile we also made sure to keep updating the game as we go.

      I'm merely pointing out that our 'lack' of new features came from the fact that we were working on 1 big feature, being mobile. Now that we have done this and also improved on the mobile version, rest assured that new features will come, it's just a matter of time.
      Mobile is nice and stuff, but currently it feels more like mobile overall is ruining the game experience. Maps are now even more flooded with people who drop dead after 3-4 days of game time and names feel to be 80% user+generic number

      This game needs maps to which the entry is either limited by rank or by having SC (being whitelisted for an SC account), because at current stage this game mostly feels like playing against AI, which it is not supposed to be.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Kalrakh ().

    • I'll pipe in here because, while these are all very good points @kurtvonstein has elucidated I am very directly appealing for a change to one of them: the building queue

      First, I've been playing many different games over the past couple years and have thrown them all away since finding CON. I'm addicted and I like it! - Mostly


      The queue makes the "Long Term Strategy" part of this game realistically possible. Without the queue, we are really forced to make many short-term decisions that hopefully lead to a long-term success.

      The queue is currently unusable for what it has been designed, marketed and (to be honest) what we've been sold for our premium membership (does firecontrol or season units really make it worth the pricetag?).
      After the first week or so it is impossible to ever reach enough supplies to start research while having any units in the queue.
      As @letstrythisout describes above, when the game's hot the queue can be an overwhelming force of it's own. The queue is designed to allow up to 8 pieces of production to be queued for each city at any one time. Technically most nations could start with at least 40 queue items.

      I think the CON purist (long term strategy focused) should be OUTRAGED at the queue's current inadequacies.
      At best, this is a drastically overlooked software engineering failure.
      At Worst, this is a malicious bug intentionally placed into the game to force already paying members, to spend gold to move forward with research.

      Here are three changes CON could implement to fix the queue:
      1. Provide a "Pause Production" button that would prevent any new queued production from starting.
      2. Add an hourglass to research: Just allow available research to be added to a queue slot.
      3. Make research "Auto-queued" so I can hit the "Start Research" button prior to having enough resources. Nothing using rare earth or supplies will start until the research starts.


      I cautiously say, I feel a little bit ripped off by what the queue is right now (sort of feels like criticizing my super model girlfriend for not understanding the relevance of quantum physics).



      If you agree and want to see the queue changed, please like this post.
    • GreenGooy wrote:

      The queue is currently unusable for what it has been designed, marketed and (to be honest) what we've been sold for our premium membership.
      Well, in the wiki it said "This grants players to add up to four buildings and units to the production queue in each of their cities. No time to lose!" At least to me that sounds like you can use it to not lose time, when you cannot log into the game but still want to produce units constantly, as long as you have the resources to. I mean, if you only add 2 units to the queue at a time, you can easily clear it. Of course I get, that it would be easier to have this option, but don't get, why you are complaining about this so much (but I'm also not having SC, so feel free to tell me why).
    • Its not about the quere helping you to micromanage your SIM City strategy.

      Its about that this queue is not efficient when you have to mkae changes such as:

      1. Reprioritzing
      2. Adding new queue items
      3. Reserving ressoruces for items that are not queueable (research)

      Therefore the queue does not help that much if you have to clear it when you want to research...
      Alle sagten: Das geht nicht. Dann kam einer, der wusste das nicht und hat es einfach gemacht.
    • Dracula wrote:

      build queue has bugs.I have reported it many times.If you want an item at 20th position to move to top you will have to press up arrow 20 times and every time the screen will be refreshed and you will have to repeat the process 20 times.It needs to be fixed.
      Dont allow research in queue as it will be overkill but alteast fix this bug by adding move to top button. I am not going to renew my yearly subscription untill this is fixed so please let me know when they fix it.
    • Dracula wrote:

      Dracula wrote:

      build queue has bugs.I have reported it many times.If you want an item at 20th position to move to top you will have to press up arrow 20 times and every time the screen will be refreshed and you will have to repeat the process 20 times.It needs to be fixed.
      Dont allow research in queue as it will be overkill but alteast fix this bug by adding move to top button. I am not going to renew my yearly subscription untill this is fixed so please let me know when they fix it.
      Why would that be overkill?