Discussion: Which Country is the Best to Play As?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Sidellan wrote:

In Flashpoint:
      Iran: 4 cities, BUT concentrated and "much map" to the player neighbours = they need much time to reach your cities, so you can manage your defense accordingly.
      You can conzentrate your army fast and take out the nonplayercountries in the north. Then take out Russia or Turkey.

Portugal:
      You have to survive Spain first 3 days. Anything else is a selfrunner.
      LOL if Turkey gets taken out by Iran, ever, it is either a bot or someone with actual mental deficiencies. Turkey is the far superior country to play in Flashpoint.
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • MicahWill wrote:

Basically what the title says. In your opinions, what is the best country to play? Which one would you rate as having the best all-around advantages?

I just started a game as India and WHOAH! I am loving India! Eight city super-power, only two ports to defend, rivers and mountains provide natural choke points and defense positions. I'm excited to see how well this game plays out, because this is the earliest in a game where I felt secure and in control of my immediate surroundings.
      really any country that doesnt have to bother with to many active neighbours and has more than 5 cities and if you have some easy targets nearby thats a nice extra
      on paper this makes pretty much any island country already a top tier pick
      so something like Japan, UK, pretty much any nordic country are really good... europe is especially a good starting continent simply because of the VP density when compared to something like asia or america

on a sidenot: fuck any country in america in particular
      I am The Baseline for opinions
    • Dealer of Death wrote:

Sidellan wrote:

In Flashpoint:
      Iran: 4 cities, BUT concentrated and "much map" to the player neighbours = they need much time to reach your cities, so you can manage your defense accordingly.
      You can conzentrate your army fast and take out the nonplayercountries in the north. Then take out Russia or Turkey.

Portugal:
      LOL if Turkey gets taken out by Iran, ever, it is either a bot or someone with actual mental deficiencies. Turkey is the far superior country to play in Flashpoint.
      Turkey has too many options and needs time to concentrate forces.
    • Sidellan wrote:

Dealer of Death wrote:

Sidellan wrote:

In Flashpoint:

Portugal:
      Seriously, if you believe that, you don't know what you are doing. Turkey has 1.4 times the initial production of Iran. (Not to mention the bizarre idea that you think Iran only has 4 starting cities in Flashpoint and not 5* like it does.) Usually even all but the most inept can win with such an advantage. Look, I get it, you like Iran for some strange reason, but you aren't going to convince anyone who knows how to play the game it is a better country to play in Flashpoint than Turkey.

* Tabriz, Ardabil, Sanandaj, Tehran, and Kermanshah
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • Dealer of Death wrote:

Sidellan wrote:

Dealer of Death wrote:

Sidellan wrote:

In Flashpoint:

Portugal:
      Seriously, if you believe that, you don't know what you are doing. Turkey has 1.4 times the initial production of Iran. (Not to mention the bizarre idea that you think Iran only has 4 starting cities in Flashpoint and not 5* like it does.) Usually even all but the most inept can win with such an advantage. Look, I get it, you like Iran for some strange reason, but you aren't going to convince anyone who knows how to play the game it is a better country to play in Flashpoint than Turkey.
      * Tabriz, Ardabil, Sanandaj, Tehran, and Kermanshah
      Correct, 5 cities.
      I have not played so many games till now. The "only common thing" was, that Turkey never survived the first week (independently if I was in the region or not). Therefore I realized Turkey not as a "good"/"strong" country but perhaps that will change.
    • Sidellan wrote:

Dealer of Death wrote:

Sidellan wrote:

Dealer of Death wrote:

Sidellan wrote:

In Flashpoint:

Portugal:
      Seriously, if you believe that, you don't know what you are doing. Turkey has 1.4 times the initial production of Iran. (Not to mention the bizarre idea that you think Iran only has 4 starting cities in Flashpoint and not 5* like it does.) Usually even all but the most inept can win with such an advantage. Look, I get it, you like Iran for some strange reason, but you aren't going to convince anyone who knows how to play the game it is a better country to play in Flashpoint than Turkey.* Tabriz, Ardabil, Sanandaj, Tehran, and Kermanshah
      Correct, 5 cities.I have not played so many games till now. The "only common thing" was, that Turkey never survived the first week (independently if I was in the region or not). Therefore I realized Turkey not as a "good"/"strong" country but perhaps that will change.
      Because it depends on the players, not the country. If you drop dead after the first 3 days, even the biggest country can not survive, because nobody will play it correctly.
    • Kalrakh wrote:

Sidellan wrote:

Dealer of Death wrote:

Sidellan wrote:

Dealer of Death wrote:

Sidellan wrote:

In Flashpoint:

Portugal:
      Seriously, if you believe that, you don't know what you are doing. Turkey has 1.4 times the initial production of Iran. (Not to mention the bizarre idea that you think Iran only has 4 starting cities in Flashpoint and not 5* like it does.) Usually even all but the most inept can win with such an advantage. Look, I get it, you like Iran for some strange reason, but you aren't going to convince anyone who knows how to play the game it is a better country to play in Flashpoint than Turkey.* Tabriz, Ardabil, Sanandaj, Tehran, and Kermanshah
      Correct, 5 cities.I have not played so many games till now. The "only common thing" was, that Turkey never survived the first week (independently if I was in the region or not). Therefore I realized Turkey not as a "good"/"strong" country but perhaps that will change.
      Because it depends on the players, not the country. If you drop dead after the first 3 days, even the biggest country can not survive, because nobody will play it correctly.
      Agreed, I've seen Belarus slaughter Russia because he wasn't active
      "CoN is a game of 80% skill and 20% luck" - Tifo_14

"I don't get paid enough to do anything" - Germanico

Nothing stops the Tifo :thumbup: