Worst country to play ?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Im On Smoko wrote:

I don't know if Germany is a bad country to play. I have never played it.

However, with the exception of one game I played, it always gets murdered.

I played it once in Flashpoint and it was fantastic, probably my second fav after Turkey, and right above Cuba. (In Flashpoint, In WW3 Cuba is a nightmare)
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • Cuba for me in WW3 was BAD and not in a good way. Tried it 3 times and got really messed up . My ally (Canada ) tried to help save me but we both just gave up. Started off great but it did not end well.
      "Retreat hell! We're not retreating ..we're just advancing in a different direction." General Oliver Smith USMC
    • bobqz wrote:

Cuba for me in WW3 was BAD and not in a good way. Tried it 3 times and got really messed up . My ally (Canada ) tried to help save me but we both just gave up. Started off great but it did not end well.
      That's why I said, "In WW3 Cuba is a nightmare". ;)
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

• Hypothetically if you are playing against real players and not userxxx and especially if you are against 1-2 RL friends coalition... Then in Flashpoint I assume it's very hard to play with Austria, Czech Republic or even Bulgaria, Croatia, Hungary. Maybe Belarus as well.
      Those countries are surrounded with real opponents with not so many options for early expansion (AI).

Italy, yes it would be nightmare if you have real opponents.
      Excluding Portugal because it has 4 cities if I am not wrong???

I tried Bulgaria and Czechs and it worked well for me. But again to say it, IF YOU PLAY AGAINST REAL OPPONENTS. In reality in Flashpoint there is always some userxxx nearby to take his land.

I don't know why would Ukraine be marked as "hard to play with"?
      Any medium country (in territories) has advantage of being able to defend without quick ninja surprises while you sleep. And yes Romania has 6 cities but 2 of them are useless resources (oil).
    • Zemunelo wrote:

Hypothetically if you are playing against real players and not userxxx and especially if you are against 1-2 RL friends coalition... Then in Flashpoint I assume it's very hard to play with Austria, Czech Republic or even Bulgaria, Croatia, Hungary. Maybe Belarus as well.
      Those countries are surrounded with real opponents with not so many options for early expansion (AI).

Italy, yes it would be nightmare if you have real opponents.
      Excluding Portugal because it has 4 cities if I am not wrong???

I tried Bulgaria and Czechs and it worked well for me. But again to say it, IF YOU PLAY AGAINST REAL OPPONENTS. In reality in Flashpoint there is always some userxxx nearby to take his land.

I don't know why would Ukraine be marked as "hard to play with"?
      Any medium country (in territories) has advantage of being able to defend without quick ninja surprises while you sleep. And yes Romania has 6 cities but 2 of them are useless resources (oil).
      if Russia is a real player you are dead as Ukraine...
      Also oil is important late game because of troop upkeep
      "Le patriotisme, c'est aimer son pays. Le nationalisme, c'est détester celui des autres."-Charles De Gaulle, Leader of Free France in World War 2.
      English: "Patriotism is to love your country. Nationalism is hating that of others."
    • ewac123 wrote:

if Russia is a real player you are dead as Ukraine...Also oil is important late game because of troop upkeep
      I can barely remember a game where I wasn't swimming in fuel late game so badly, I wasn't filling swimming pools, bath tubs and sinks with the excess. And that game was because my morale was toast from using a ton of ballistic missiles and stealth bombers to flatten so many cities.
      The KING of CoN News!!!

• Dealer of Death wrote:

ewac123 wrote:

if Russia is a real player you are dead as Ukraine...Also oil is important late game because of troop upkeep
      I can barely remember a game where I wasn't swimming in fuel late game so badly, I wasn't filling swimming pools, bath tubs and sinks with the excess. And that game was because my morale was toast from using a ton of ballistic missiles and stealth bombers to flatten so many cities.
      Probably because i am so conservative i have NEVER conquered more than 500 vp in a game...
      "Le patriotisme, c'est aimer son pays. Le nationalisme, c'est détester celui des autres."-Charles De Gaulle, Leader of Free France in World War 2.
      English: "Patriotism is to love your country. Nationalism is hating that of others."
    • Dealer of Death wrote:

ewac123 wrote:

I could not agree more. Useless resource. You only need it for buildings. It means devs didn't know what to do with it so made it as a building requirement.

For me the main resources are electronics and rares (only first 15 days).

Btw Russia even if it is played by exp player is very hard to play in Flashpoint (or World map as well). They can't afford to lose more than one city and they can't use "all in troops" tactics in offense. Because everybody will eat a part of their country if they do.
      Their airport (capital) is far away from the action. Country is hudge so moving troops is a nightmare. As Ukraine or better Belarus you will always have advantage of numbers at specific location because Russia just cant throw everything on you. On the other hand you can. Especially if you agree with Romania about the only possible conflict you have at start. An AI city with rares between you two.
      Russia also has more potential enemies.

In my opinion it is better to play as small to medium nation than large.
    • I have played Cuba twice. The first time, it was my first WW3 map and thus I got killed before day 6 by USA, Mexico and Colombia. The second time, it was better. I was allies with Mexico, who had told USA not to invade.. (They were in a coalition, I wasn't) . I eyed on South America and my first target was Venezuela and then Brazil (The first and last time I conquered Brazil. It takes forever) After that, I was defeated by the regular Afro-Arab coalition which is formed pretty much in every game. They decided me to land their troops at. Sad:( But I want to play Cuba again because I think it will be good.
    • Yeah taking out Canada, USA, Brazil and Russia is the worst experience in the game...it takes forever and even wirse if the countries are controlled by AI hten you have lose infantry in every second useless little barren province...

I hate fighting these countries for the sake of ending the war...the cities are taken fast but the rest is slow and painfull und non rewarding
      @Dorado If you Close the Forum and move everything to Discord you will lose my Feedback for sure.