Worst country to play ?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Worst country to play ?

so the title says all about the thread . For the thread , I want the answers EXCLUDING Koreas and Israel . Any map which you want to talk about .

For me , it is Tunisia (Overkill) . You are surrounded by Algeria , Libya and can also expect an invasion by Italy or Spain . Ukraine (Flashpoint ) is pretty bad too . It has five cities and has neighbours in Romania (6 city) , Russia (the mighty Rus) and Belarus (5 city) . Poland is another threat . I played Ukraine only once (the game is still going on) and I experienced a bad resource shortage and that too supplies and components . I can say , I only survived cuz of allies .

and now , your turn , what do you think is the worst ?
    • Playing Afghanistan is not too good either because you have playable countries like Pakistan and iran as your neighbours . Iran is stronger than you and if you try to get the A.I stans , you can also get invaded by Kazakhstan . When I once played this nation , I was attacked by CHINA and IRAN while Pakistan being an ally . Pakistan got defeated by India who was later conquered by China . I fought till the end but lost :(
    • Each country can be "worst". From my point of view it depends mainly on the strategy of your neighbours (if they have any).
      If 2-3 decide to take you out on the first day, you are killed if they attack from different sides.
      Then you have the topic of "crazy players". E.g. I was attacked as Argentina by CAMEROON (!!!) on 2nd day by whole Cameroon army landing in Rosario.
      So, any country can be finished in first 2 days.
    • Sidellan wrote:

I was attacked as Argentina by CAMEROON (!!!) on 2nd day by whole Cameroon army landing in Rosario.
      So, any country can be finished in first 2 days.
      Was playing US a while ago when I saw a South African army landing in Quebec
      Currently on (potentially permanent) hiatus

Instead of choosing wings to fly, we chose hands to hold with each other.

Yet the sky still fascinates us, is it such a crime to keep on dreaming?
    • Kranzegrad wrote:

My it's Sri Lanka (and some captured lands from Former-Oman) from WWZ, i lose game in half week by India and zombies, no HQ, no army and no province or cities too. Result: White flag.
      I played Sri Lanka once, just for the giggles. Three cities!! I actually took over India because they went offline, but then China took me over "cuz I was a little too good". It's a shame too because Sri Lanka's flag is really cool. :D
    • Teburu wrote:

Impyrean wrote:

Austria is the worst country to play as, excluding the Koreas, and Israel.

You're surrounded by tons of countries, w/o a coalition, you're screwed.
      >Its the worst country to play as, excluding the worst countrieslmao

USA is the worst country to play as, excluding any country worse than it
      Not like the thread author specifically asked for answers other than the Koreas or Israel
    • Impyrean wrote:

Teburu wrote:

Impyrean wrote:

>Its the worst country to play as, excluding the worst countrieslmao
      Not like the thread author specifically asked for answers other than the Koreas or Israel
      Files
      I am The Baseline for opinions
    • Teburu wrote:

Impyrean wrote:

Teburu wrote:

Impyrean wrote:

>Its the worst country to play as, excluding the worst countrieslmaoUSA is the worst country to play as, excluding any country worse than it

What is your point here? He asked for countries that are the worst to play, other than the obviously worst countries to play. Are you just illiterate or trolling?
    • Impyrean wrote:

Teburu wrote:

Impyrean wrote:

Teburu wrote:

Impyrean wrote:

>Its the worst country to play as, excluding the worst countrieslmaoUSA is the worst country to play as, excluding any country worse than it

What is your point here? He asked for countries that are the worst to play, other than the obviously worst countries to play. Are you just illiterate or trolling?
      Teb just likes trolling
      Currently on (potentially permanent) hiatus

Instead of choosing wings to fly, we chose hands to hold with each other.

Yet the sky still fascinates us, is it such a crime to keep on dreaming?
    • Teburu wrote:

Impyrean wrote:

>Its the worst country to play excluding the worst countrieslmao

excluding the worst countries ? that was the question of the thread
      Wasn't it ? I wanted to know what others think about which countries are not too good to play . I myself excluded the Koreas and Israel because almost everyone may think that they are the worst or the most disadvantaged ones . Here to mention other nations except them.
    • I don't understand why Israel is being lumped in with the God Awful koreas. It's city density makes for awesome early defense. I'd much rather play Israel than the Koreas or Austria. Hell, I'd rather play Israel than Ireland, Spain, etc. etc. and I think Italy sucks too, especially for a 7 city nation: all the disadvantages of an island nation (all those port cities) plus land invasion routes.
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • 737373elj wrote:

Impyrean wrote:

Teburu wrote:

Impyrean wrote:

Teburu wrote:

Impyrean wrote:

Teb just likes trolling
      We KNOW the worst countries to play as are the Koreas & Israel! This thread is supposed to be for discussion OTHER worst countries!
      "CoN is a game of 80% skill and 20% luck" - Tifo_14

"I don't get paid enough to do anything" - Germanico

Nothing stops the Tifo :thumbup:
    • Tifo_14 wrote:

We KNOW the worst countries to play as are the Koreas & Israel! This thread is supposed to be for discussion OTHER worst countries!
      Again, Israel does not deserve to be lumped in with the Koreas, it is way better to play than them.
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • Dealer of Death wrote:

Tifo_14 wrote:

Again, Israel does not deserve to be lumped in with the Koreas, it is way better to play than them.
      Fully agree. Play as Israel once an you will see It is rather good. People will think you're a weak pushover (or even another AI), they'll send single stacks to finish you off and you will squash their advances and counter attack until they all burn. DoD is also right about the city density and early defense. All your forces will be within a 5 hour response time for the first week or so lol.

With positioning that allows expansion into Europe, Africa, and Asia easily means plenty of opportunities to rake in the VPs. This also allows options to join either an European, African, or Asian coalition. Just saying.... don't knock Israel until you try it.
      but, that's just my 2 cents' worth