So, Elite Bombers? Thoughts?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• So, Elite Bombers? Thoughts?

So, I haven't heard many of us talking about the elite bombers up to this point. I mainly just want to open up discussion on this unit FOR THOSE OF US THAT HAVE ACTUALLY USED IT. I want to hear your opinions, but only if you have actual in-game experience with it.

So far, I have used them in only one game, but have observed my teammates using them in multiple games. We are quite certain these are superior forms of missile delivery over subs (and especially BM launchers). The main pros that stand out in favor of the bombers are their:

-Speed and Range: Just the fact that they are air units makes them 3X faster than missile subs, pair that with their 2,000 base range gives the player a quick reaction BM launcher for quite a large region.

-Ability to "drop BMs": Other than the fact that it's funny to type out :D , I find it super effective to sneak an elite bomber to its target and drop a huge payload of missiles with seconds for the enemy to react.

What are yalls thoughts and experiences with this unit???
      but, that's just my 2 cents' worth
    • As Teburu says, they are the best platform for delivering BMs and since you have to develop out the regular bomber line to develop out the elite line, the research is expensive.
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • Kalrakh wrote:

Here is a little comparison:Bomber Comparison.jpg
      Did you figure in the costs of the heavy bomber in the costs of the elite bomber which you ALSO have to research in order to max out the elite?

That's why I would only research elite to tier 2 and then go for stealth
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

• Dealer of Death wrote:

Kalrakh wrote:

Here is a little comparison:Bomber Comparison.jpg
      Did you figure in the costs of the heavy bomber in the costs of the elite bomber which you ALSO have to research in order to max out the elite?
      That's why I would only research elite to tier 2 and then go for stealth
      I was wondering that question as well.

Since I don't use bombers regularly, I have been sticking with tier 1 elites, and only mobilizing the cap of 3. The only jobs I need them for is destroying airfields/bases, killing the occasional lone inf units, and of course missile delivery. So far, that seems to be a great ROI
      but, that's just my 2 cents' worth
    • So I haven’t used the Elite bomber before, but would like to offer my two cents on why I haven’t used them
      We can all see that the Elite Bomber requires far more research costs for minimal gain, while it also gets us to research another unit that has almost the exact same role as the Elite Bomber in question, is only marginally weaker, does not have a unit cap and is substantially cheaper. As a result, whenever I do want to use bombers I just use the mass-producible normal Heavy Bomber instead of the Elite Bomber.
      If I were to use the Elite version, it would have to be either
      1. Significantly buffed (in the way other elite units are stronger than their counterparts)
      2. Remove the Heavy Bomber requisite, making it a more cost-effective version of the normal
      Currently on (potentially permanent) hiatus

Instead of choosing wings to fly, we chose hands to hold with each other.

Yet the sky still fascinates us, is it such a crime to keep on dreaming?
    • 737373elj wrote:

So I haven’t used the Elite bomber before, but would like to offer my two cents on why I haven’t used them
      We can all see that the Elite Bomber requires far more research costs for minimal gain, while it also gets us to research another unit that has almost the exact same role as the Elite Bomber in question, is only marginally weaker, does not have a unit cap and is substantially cheaper. As a result, whenever I do want to use bombers I just use the mass-producible normal Heavy Bomber instead of the Elite Bomber.
      If I were to use the Elite version, it would have to be either
      1. Significantly buffed (in the way other elite units are stronger than their counterparts)
      2. Remove the Heavy Bomber requisite, making it a more cost-effective version of the normal
      Actually after evaluating it, I will only develop it at Tier 1 on games that I intend on going for stealth bombers, just to have airborne delivery of BMs, then MAYBE later, since I will already have developed the necessary heavy bomber tech to get stealths, go to tier 2.
      The KING of CoN News!!!

• They are okay, worst thing was to get more then 3 you need to upgrade bombers to max.
      Games i have gone bomber/stealth bombers i inevitablly lose because of the travel time.

Its not that you can't be successful, is that bombers are so 1 dimention, frigates, AA, theatre def, aircraft and even infantry in high numbers restricts their effectiveness. With long build times, high building requirements, constant need to be grounded for repairs and investment in munitions...

Army bases, creating max infantry only need to be level 1 and take seconds to build, while these units have mortar range of 20, giving them both first attack and high defense of any attacking force. Or worse still high damage and immortality against none ranged defensive units.

Unlike every other seasonal unit, which isn't restricted on their upgrades, the bomber was and is. Restricting their use to just launching ballistics and personally, submarines seem superiour in that they can be upgraded to max to combat cruisers. Where the seasonal bomber has no defense to many units and die in large numbers instantly.

Railguns, RAILGUNS are insane, helicopter deployable with anti aircraft, missile and artillery.