Logistics, Guerilla warfare, naval trade routes.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Logistics, Guerilla warfare, naval trade routes.

Logistics.
      In my opinion, logistics is a very important aspect of warfare. I was playing as Egypt while a big British division was racing to my capital literally through the Libyan desert even though there was no means of transporting food, fuel and munitions to that division in the case. I think cut off units should have a supply grace that decreases faster in combat and even faster when conducting Guerilla warfare.
      My suggestion is trade routes that come from the closest occupied city - if the division is too big it will require more cities to supply it especially if the cities are supplying so many units -. Raiding this supply route or cutting it off should make the division weaker. The longer the supply route, the weaker the division and the closer it is to an airfield, the airfield should act as as a supply trade that can be damaged or cutoff by attacking the supply planes for example. These lines can be defended by cheaper rear units that can't do better than regular Frontline units. And I think one unit can defend the entire division's supply line all the way to the city, port or airfield.
      The reason I'm bringing forth such a system is because logistics are a very important factor in warfare.

Guerilla warfare.
      Guerilla warfare is important if you're fighting a superior nation, this gives you a chance to fight back by hurting the enemy's logistics to fight indirectly. I think guerilla units should be stealth and use irregular routes to attack supply lines. They should be able to do more damage against rear defenders and can only fight in their homeland. I think special forces should be able to do so too.
      Another thing like this is the ability to build minefields and mine sweepers. Roadblocks and delay tactics like Snipers, kill zones, traps etc.

Naval trade routes.
      Starving a nation to death is one way to defeat it. Submarines and naval ships pursing and hunting naval trade convoys. The real challenge is making naval trade convoys a thing. I think they should be supply lines to supply overseas divisions least of all.

Overall I would like if the game implemented a system that forces players to think twice where they're sending their men so I wouldn't send an entire army on the other side of the globe in a desert or a jungle and expect it to effectively fight and capture the enemy's homeland cities. Fuel, ammo and food matter and remaining close to their sources is important. Least of all a game wouldn't end between the last 2 giant coalitions within 4-8 days by just ignoring everything and rushing to the homeland cities.
      Please tell me what you think ^^

The post was edited 1 time, last by Observer19 ().

• I think what you are suggesting is an entirely new game. In fact I wouldn't be surprised to hear that making a new game from scratch would easier than writing the code needed to implement your vast changes.
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • Observer19 wrote:

Logistics.
      In my opinion, logistics is a very important aspect of warfare. I was playing as Egypt while a big British division was racing to my capital literally through the Libyan desert even though there was no means of transporting food, fuel and munitions to that division in the case. I think cut off units should have a supply grace that decreases faster in combat and even faster when conducting Guerilla warfare.
      My suggestion is trade routes that come from the closest occupied city - if the division is too big it will require more cities to supply it especially if the cities are supplying so many units -. Raiding this supply route or cutting it off should make the division weaker. The longer the supply route, the weaker the division and the closer it is to an airfield, the airfield should act as as a supply trade that can be damaged or cutoff by attacking the supply planes for example. These lines can be defended by cheaper rear units that can't do better than regular Frontline units. And I think one unit can defend the entire division's supply line all the way to the city, port or airfield.
      The reason I'm bringing forth such a system is because logistics are a very important factor in warfare.

Guerilla warfare.
      Guerilla warfare is important if you're fighting a superior nation, this gives you a chance to fight back by hurting the enemy's logistics to fight indirectly. I think guerilla units should be stealth and use irregular routes to attack supply lines. They should be able to do more damage against rear defenders and can only fight in their homeland. I think special forces should be able to do so too.
      Another thing like this is the ability to build minefields and mine sweepers. Roadblocks and delay tactics like Snipers, kill zones, traps etc.

Naval trade routes.
      Starving a nation to death is one way to defeat it. Submarines and naval ships pursing and hunting naval trade convoys. The real challenge is making naval trade convoys a thing. I think they should be supply lines to supply overseas divisions least of all.

Overall I would like if the game implemented a system that forces players to think twice where they're sending their men so I wouldn't send an entire army on the other side of the globe in a desert or a jungle and expect it to effectively fight and capture the enemy's homeland cities. Fuel, ammo and food matter and remaining close to their sources is important. Least of all a game wouldn't end between the last 2 giant coalitions within 4-8 days by just ignoring everything and rushing to the homeland cities.

This kind of games already exists, for example Hearts of Iron Series
    • 737373elj wrote:

HOI is basically CON but ultra buffed (and not f2p)
      f2p?

fart to play?
      fun to play?
      f*&# to pregnancy?
      fantastic to plebeians?
      fotohut to Perkin's?
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • Second Cannae wrote:

Dealer of Death wrote:

737373elj wrote:

HOI is basically CON but ultra buffed (and not f2p)
      f2p?fart to play?
      fun to play?
      f*&# to pregnancy?
      fantastic to plebeians?
      fotohut to Perkin's?
      I looked it up... and I'm guessing f2p means free to play
      Yes that’s what I meant, thank you
      Currently on (potentially permanent) hiatus

Instead of choosing wings to fly, we chose hands to hold with each other.

Yet the sky still fascinates us, is it such a crime to keep on dreaming?
    • Observer19 wrote:

Logistics.

Guerilla warfare.

Naval trade routes.

I agree with what you're saying. CON should do a Kickstarter campaign to fund a new and improved game. I am sure many players would be willing to donate or pay for it.