unit veterenacy

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• user8394273 wrote:

In practice, if I see an opponent attacking me early on in the game, I prefer to just quit and start another game rather than fight, because even if I do fight and crush the attacker, I will be set behind by the losses with nothing to compensate while the other un-attacked opponents zoom ahead, making some types of victory practically impossible.
      This is so wrong man. You can easely defeat enemies that attack you very early.
      Because you can quickly build bunkers and wait for them in the cities. And early on there is no diversity of troops. Meaning no surprise for you.
      Yes they can build their first helicopter gunship... So what, you have starting ASF and you can build the second.
      They can build more recons but still need to melee you in your cities with bunkers. They can build some armor...you can do it too. Arty...that's long run you can see it coming.
      And they can build strike fighters but that's not so early and you can clearly see airfield lvl2 and react.

If there is an early attack and you win, well that means you can take enemy cities.
      That's the best reward.
      It is easy to deal with one enemy, the problem would be second and especially third if they are in coalition and decide to attack very early.

Back to the topic, unit experience would be great and I would add daily unit supply on the field as desired. But they probably need to create new game from scratch to accomplish those.
    • I'm liking your comment about fighting very early.

I still disagree with your "back to the topic, though" ^^.

The problem of veterancy : it would be used/usable only by players that don't need another edge on the casual players.
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • Zemunelo wrote:

user8394273 wrote:

In practice, if I see an opponent attacking me early on in the game, I prefer to just quit and start another game rather than fight, because even if I do fight and crush the attacker, I will be set behind by the losses with nothing to compensate while the other un-attacked opponents zoom ahead, making some types of victory practically impossible.
      This is so wrong man. You can easely defeat enemies that attack you very early.Because you can quickly build bunkers and wait for them in the cities. And early on there is no diversity of troops. Meaning no surprise for you.
      Yes they can build their first helicopter gunship... So what, you have starting ASF and you can build the second.
      They can build more recons but still need to melee you in your cities with bunkers. They can build some armor...you can do it too. Arty...that's long run you can see it coming.
      And they can build strike fighters but that's not so early and you can clearly see airfield lvl2 and react.

If there is an early attack and you win, well that means you can take enemy cities.
      That's the best reward.
      It is easy to deal with one enemy, the problem would be second and especially third if they are in coalition and decide to attack very early.

Back to the topic, unit experience would be great and I would add daily unit supply on the field as desired. But they probably need to create new game from scratch to accomplish those.
      On top of that: Starting units are better in defending than attacking, most of your units are motorized infantry after all. Low attack, high def, even higher in cities.
    • Teburu wrote:

playbabe wrote:

I see, so you simply want an obvious reward when you successful combats other then winning the game.
      imagine the sheer terror of meta units with veterancy levels
      And now think about the possibility to not join a coalition with your team mates and to then spam NG to level the units up, by feeding each other NG.
      Of course the viability of this strategy depends on how much xp you get from a kill and how much xp corresponds to how much more damage.
      a.k.a. jem and and eres
    • Jemandanderes wrote:

Teburu wrote:

playbabe wrote:

I see, so you simply want an obvious reward when you successful combats other then winning the game.
      And now think about the possibility to not join a coalition with your team mates and to then spam NG to level the units up, by feeding each other NG.Of course the viability of this strategy depends on how much xp you get from a kill and how much xp corresponds to how much more damage.
      This... hardly would even be a problem since such a strat just wastes more ressources than it really archives anything
      I am The Baseline for opinions
    • Teburu wrote:

Jemandanderes wrote:

Teburu wrote:

playbabe wrote:

And now think about the possibility to not join a coalition with your team mates and to then spam NG to level the units up, by feeding each other NG.Of course the viability of this strategy depends on how much xp you get from a kill and how much xp corresponds to how much more damage.
      This... hardly would even be a problem since such a strat just wastes more ressources than it really archives anything
      I mean, it depends on how strong units with more xp are and how long it takes. Is it +20% per level or +50% or only +5%. Does leveling up once take one kill or 3 or 10? Do kills get split among the units in a stack, just how does @user8394273 imagine this is supposed to work, what are the details? (I'm asking this you, @user8394273).
      a.k.a. jem and and eres