Special Forces should be able to occupy territory

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• If it could conquer territory the game wouldn’t be fun anymore. Play would centralise and stagnate around Special Forces running around everywhere while everybody runs Mobile Radar and CRVs in a frantic effort to spot them before they conquer territory
    Here’s a (slightly) more reasonable suggestion: allow them to conquer territory, BUT you can only mobilize 1 for Tier 1, 2 for Tier 2 and 3 for Tier 3 (also increase mobilization time to 5 days or something equally ridiculous to discourage use some more).
    Yes Special Forces is fine the way they are. They encourage creativity and even more creative counter-strategies, have a great deal of flexibility that allows them to be used according to your own play style, while also fostering adaptability and creativity in trying to find and defeat them
    Currently on (potentially permanent) hiatus

Instead of choosing wings to fly, we chose hands to hold with each other.

Yet the sky still fascinates us, is it such a crime to keep on dreaming?
  • 737373elj wrote:

If it could conquer territory the game wouldn’t be fun anymore. Play would centralise and stagnate around Special Forces running around everywhere while everybody runs Mobile Radar and CRVs in a frantic effort to spot them before they conquer territory
    Here’s a (slightly) more reasonable suggestion: allow them to conquer territory, BUT you can only mobilize 1 for Tier 1, 2 for Tier 2 and 3 for Tier 3 (also increase mobilization time to 5 days or something equally ridiculous to discourage use some more).
    Yes Special Forces is fine the way they are. They encourage creativity and even more creative counter-strategies, have a great deal of flexibility that allows them to be used according to your own play style, while also fostering adaptability and creativity in trying to find and defeat them
    An elite special forces for next season? Perhaps?
    "Dealer of Death has counted to infinity... twice"
    -Kurtvonstein
  • Second Cannae wrote:

737373elj wrote:

If it could conquer territory the game wouldn’t be fun anymore. Play would centralise and stagnate around Special Forces running around everywhere while everybody runs Mobile Radar and CRVs in a frantic effort to spot them before they conquer territory
    An elite special forces for next season? Perhaps?
    That's EXACTLY what I was thinking he was suggesting when I read that!
    *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
    The KING of CoN News!!!
    The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
  • I agree that Special Forces should be able to conquer, but they should have a +50% attack in cities because they are underwhelming. Also, cost in electronics should be reduced.

For the love of god, no.
    Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
  • Wouldn't that entirely shift the way you use them? I mean, currently they are something made to kill enemy units that are not strong in melee (like support units and missile launchers and grounded aircrafts) and small stacks on the way to the battle field quick and silent, something you can currently do on your territory and also on theirs(mostly I think, but I haven't used them at all, that's just what I figured from their stats and the forum).
    With making them conquer, you would for one instance remove the possibility to kill units in their land but you would also make them like a mixture of a ArmouredFighting Vehicle( in terms of stats), a ground stealth unit(I know they are already both) and an normal Infantry, which would cause them to be very op, because they can conquer stuff and you only notice that if you look very closely in the log and at the game at the right time (because the only thing you can see is territory of you being conquered without an enemy unit in the province before and even if you notice that and draw the right conclusions you would still don't know to which adjacent province they are going and also if they don't just go pack a few provinces and conquer something there.

And to this point I have completely forgotten their ability to air assault, so can go pretty far from already conquered provinces(400 of those ingame units at lvl 1, 500 at max lvl, same as a other helicopters). So even if you could only have 1-5, they would still be op and very hard to stop.
    a.k.a. jem and and eres

The post was edited 2 times, last by jemandanderes ().

• Sidellan wrote:

Why are special forces units the only infantry that can not occupy territory? At least on higher level it would make sense.
    You misunderstand, do you ever heard, what are Delta Force or Spetsnaz are?
    And what purpose for is Spec Ops?

I dislike that suggestion.

Look that video (below), them you understand.

Video movie: Delta Force link> DELTA FORCE (R15).
    Guns are always loaded.

The post was edited 6 times, last by GunlessLands ().

• booombooom wrote:

hey Terb and all the old one including Opulon and Kalrakh. good to see you all. :)
    I take it you are some sort of OG?
    *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
    The KING of CoN News!!!
    The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD