Special Forces should be able to occupy territory

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Job_ee wrote:

This is a modern game, not CoW. And despite most of the media being left leaning, calling all media propaganda is a bit obsessive. Not to mention DOD media (which is supposed to be unbias as most media these days can be) also record that ISIS lost territory and recorded proof that they actually did. Also part of the problem with this that I have is if world leaders ruled like how people played the game, there would be no terrorists bc they''d be worried about nations carpet bombing them, throwing nukes at them (yes it happens), and blown up until a population of 1, without fear of civilian casualties. With counties wielding so much power with no moral laws or limitations, there would be none. Most of the middle east would be a smoldering crater. I want to be the voice of reality. The point I'm making is that the game should be as realistic as it can be and still be fun, and I think SF taking land would be both accurate, fun, and more than fair with recon and drones which are easy to make so easily reveal them already. So you ridicule the most powerful military who's governed by other nation's who's feelings get hurt super easily and wonder why it takes 20 years to end a conflict. If the US wasn't restricted the way it is now in the middle east, there wouldn't be much of one left, minus Israel.
    Simply put, if Spec Ops could seize territory, nobody* would build any other infantry besides Spec Ops and that would make the game suck.

*- allowance made for idiots
    *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
    The KING of CoN News!!!
    The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
  • Dealer of Death wrote:

Job_ee wrote:

This is a modern game, not CoW. And despite most of the media being left leaning, calling all media propaganda is a bit obsessive. Not to mention DOD media (which is supposed to be unbias as most media these days can be) also record that ISIS lost territory and recorded proof that they actually did. Also part of the problem with this that I have is if world leaders ruled like how people played the game, there would be no terrorists bc they''d be worried about nations carpet bombing them, throwing nukes at them (yes it happens), and blown up until a population of 1, without fear of civilian casualties. With counties wielding so much power with no moral laws or limitations, there would be none. Most of the middle east would be a smoldering crater. I want to be the voice of reality. The point I'm making is that the game should be as realistic as it can be and still be fun, and I think SF taking land would be both accurate, fun, and more than fair with recon and drones which are easy to make so easily reveal them already. So you ridicule the most powerful military who's governed by other nation's who's feelings get hurt super easily and wonder why it takes 20 years to end a conflict. If the US wasn't restricted the way it is now in the middle east, there wouldn't be much of one left, minus Israel.
    Simply put, if Spec Ops could seize territory, nobody* would build any other infantry besides Spec Ops and that would make the game suck.
    *- allowance made for idiots
    but muh realism
    I am The Baseline for opinions
  • I think we can put an end to the discussion.

When the flow of arguments about "Should Spec Ops conquer territory" reaches "Medias are left leaning, bla bla bla America for the win", i think it's safe to assume we will not find any more oil despite reaching the Deep Crust of Earth.

Subject Closed, and my respects to military personnel throughout the world.
    Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.