imagine being a sore loser...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Honestly
      1) it's hilarious
      2) It's a viable strategy. Why? Sure, he achieves nothing this game. But in general the mere existence of a possibility devastating, or at least annoying, counter attack would force a commander to leave some troops behind, thus weakening the attack. The strength of this tactic is not in what it achieves, but in its mere possibility forcing the attacker to leave some troops behind. Naturally, nothing is achieved by it, but it must be done anyways occasionally, as that is the point of a threat. It's kind of like a second nuclear strike if you will. You gain nothing by doing it, but if you do not do it, then the mutually assured destruction doctrine falls apart. This game theoretic aspect of a rational threat behind an irrational action is certainly interesting form a mathematical view. More thorough analysis takes me to the Hawk versus Doves equilibria, but in brief, his action was probably optimal if he was going to lose anyways in the long run for defenders in general, as they preserve their second strike threat.
    • Exras wrote:

So on my conflict game I am playing as Saudi Arabia.. my coalition and I took out France and instead of him trying to take back his home cities he Sends a massive wave of all his remaining troops to my home cities what a way to go out... Unbelieve that some people play like this. || Capture copy.png
      I have no idea why you see it that way. Mess up my country, I mess up yours. Seems even steven to me. Plus if he wrecks your buildings it might prevent you from winning, just as you have prevented him from winning.
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • I can only agree to them. But just a little question: How did he get to your homeland? it looks like he went by sea. Didn't you have some ships to stop him? I mean, 5 corvettes would have probably done the job if he did not have any ships. And I can see some destroyers, what have they been doing?
      a.k.a. jem and and eres
    • Dealer of Death wrote:

Exras wrote:

So on my conflict game I am playing as Saudi Arabia.. my coalition and I took out France and instead of him trying to take back his home cities he Sends a massive wave of all his remaining troops to my home cities what a way to go out... Unbelieve that some people play like this. || Capture copy.png
      I have no idea why you see it that way. Mess up my country, I mess up yours. Seems even steven to me. Plus if he wrecks your buildings it might prevent you from winning, just as you have prevented him from winning.
      Yeah I would say that but the way he played more or less instead of defending his home cities he came at me... And Actually my co member took his home cities I didn't.. He just wanted to try to reset me since I was the top player on that map.

Jemandanderes wrote:

I can only agree to them. But just a little question: How did he get to your homeland? it looks like he went by sea. Didn't you have some ships to stop him? I mean, 5 corvettes would have probably done the job if he did not have any ships. And I can see some destroyers, what have they been doing?
      yeah so I had Euro/Africa Locked down.. He came around the entire outside of Africa with with a stack of destroyers and Cruisers. A big 5 stack both level 3 ships.. And brought the majority of his remaining troops to hit me as well.
    • Exras wrote:

Dealer of Death wrote:

Exras wrote:

Yeah I would say that but the way he played more or less instead of defending his home cities he came at me... And Actually my co member took his home cities I didn't.. He just wanted to try to reset me since I was the top player on that map.
      I have to say, I am baffled you don't realise what he did was actually the logical move, especially if he was being attacked by more than 1 member of a coalition. I mean, look, you were tops AND had help in attacking him. So what are his choices, let you slowly wear down his forces and he loses, OR ... Realizing he is going to lose, do as much damage to his "killers" as possible. In the right circumstances, toppling you could lead to the fall of your coalition, and what could be more satisfying in defeat than being instrumental in the downfall of your "killers"???
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

• Exras wrote:

I'm surprised here because saudi arabia is theoritaclly one of the easiest nations to defend in this game

Place a naval ship in Bab al- mandab strait, Hormuz strait and suez canal

That way you can prevent any annoying overseas invasions

The post was edited 1 time, last by _dany20_ ().

• _dany20_ wrote:

Exras wrote:

I'm surprised here because saudi arabia is theoritaclly one of the easiest nations to defend in this game
      Place a naval ship in Bab al- mandab strait, Hormuz strait and suez canal

That way you can prevent any annoying overseas invasions

I had a few ships there but they had a fairly big stack attack from there.. I also needed at the time to defend Egypt's home cities too with some ships. But Everything is looking back to normal so to speak we have the majority of Europe and Asia and all of Africa.. Onto the Americas for our game seeing now it will be a 5v5 to end this map should be fun.
    • 737373elj wrote:

This is the kind of thinking that created mutually assured destruction
      What kind of thinking "Logic"?

If Defense is doomed to failure, your only rational choice is counter attack.

It would be different if this game allowed for surrender and becoming a vassal state, but that would change the game immeasurably.
      The KING of CoN News!!!

• Offensie is he best defense. Doctrine of Mobility is vital in this game as the defender bonus is only 25% in average...But the attacker can choose the point of attack which mean he can concentrate his force on one spot while the defender - forced to react - has multiple spots to defend...

I find it most usefull to attack the homeland of my offenders...no use battling over barren lands...like Trump say: Grab 'em by the pu**y.
      @Dorado If you Close the Forum and move everything to Discord you will lose my Feedback for sure.