NEW UNIT: Mortar Carrier (MC) (SUGGEST POST)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• NEW UNIT: Mortar Carrier (MC) (SUGGEST POST)

MC has 120mm mortar cannon and 7.62 mm MG, and MC is also amphibious.
      Modern MC unit list:

M106
      M1064
      M1129
      AMS
      Wiesel 2/LePzMrs
      AMOS
      M120 RAK
      2S9 Nona-S
      2S23 Nona-SVK
      2S34 Hosta
      2S31 Vena

2S31 unit info:

The 2S31
      Vena (vein) self-propelled mortar system was revealed in
      1997. This vehicle is designed
      to support mechanized infantry formations. The 2S31 Vena mortar
      system has been trialed by the Russian Army. However its small scale
      production commenced only in 2013. A total of 15 units have been
      exported to Azerbaijan.
      The 2S31 Vena is armed with a 120 mm rifled gun/mortar. It is a further development of the 2A51 gun, mounted on the 2S9 Nona-S. The 2S31 Vena has longer firing range comparing with the 2S9 Nona-S, even though it uses the same ammunition. This mortar system can be used as mortar or howitzer, delivering direct or indirect fire. Maximum range of fire is 7.2 km with mortar mines and 13 km with gun shells. Various munitions can be used, including HEAT, HE-FRAG, smoke. Vena is compatible with all munitions, developed for the Soviet/Russian 120 mm combined gun/mortar systems. It can also fire any 120 mm mortar shells. For precision attacks against armored targets the 2S31 uses Kitolov-2M precision guided munitions.
      Secondary armament consists of 7.62 mm remotely-controlled machine gun, mounted on top of the roof.
      Guns are always loaded.

The post was edited 1 time, last by GunlessLands ().

• At the time
      of its introduction the Vena was
      fitted with a very advanced fire control system, which ensures a high
      first-round-hit probability. Fire control system includes
      reconnaissance, target acquisition, navigation and
      positioning systems.
      Armor of the 2S31 Vena provides protection against small arms fire and artillery shell splinters. Vehicle is fitted with NBC protection and automatic fire suppression systems.
      Vehicle has a crew of four, including commander, gunner, loader and driver.
      The 2S31 Vena mortar system is based on the much modified BMP-3 IFV chassis. Vehicle is powered by the UTD-29 diesel engine, developing 500 horsepower. The Vena is fully amphibious. On water it is propelled by two waterjets.
      Guns are always loaded.

The post was edited 5 times, last by GunlessLands ().

• Dealer of Death wrote:

Who knows with Krazengrad's use of that language that is not quite entirely unlike English
      Well, I am pretty sure I understood what he said. He just didn't tell us his ideas about the stats.

Kranzegrad wrote:

The Vena is fully amphibious. On water it is propelled by two waterjets.
      he says it's amphibious and here I assue that thy an also shoot from water, but I'm not sure. Ok, maybe not really, no, doesn't sound realistic. (point 1 and 4

He never said it could conquer and it's an artillery, not Infantry. (point 2)

I think it has bigger range because I think it's not secondarily ranged, but primarly. (point 3)
      a.k.a. jem and and eres
    • Jemandanderes wrote:

Dealer of Death wrote:

Who knows with Krazengrad's use of that language that is not quite entirely unlike English
      Well, I am pretty sure I understood what he said. He just didn't tell us his ideas about the stats.

Kranzegrad wrote:

he says it's amphibious and here I assue that thy an also shoot from water, but I'm not sure. Ok, maybe not really, no, doesn't sound realistic. (point 1 and 4

I think it has bigger range because I think it's not secondarily ranged, but primarly. (point 3)
      joke over head.jpg
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • Jemandanderes wrote:

Dealer of Death wrote:

Kranzegrad wrote:

1. Agree
      2. Considoring it’s an artillery yeah
      3. I think it would be same range as other artillery, since the numbers seem to be the same? Not too sure, but if it was a mortar then it would be less range to match infantry’s
      4. Nah it doesn’t say anything about shooting on water

I would say that this is just an amphibious MRL at best.
      Currently on (potentially permanent) hiatus

Instead of choosing wings to fly, we chose hands to hold with each other.

Yet the sky still fascinates us, is it such a crime to keep on dreaming?
    • Jemandanderes wrote:

Dealer of Death wrote:

Kranzegrad wrote:

You misunderstanding.

These text has borrow from 'military-today' web sites, i no have time to writing details, i have other work.
      Guns are always loaded.
    • Kranzegrad wrote:

MC has 120mm mortar cannon and 7.62 mm MG, and MC is also amphibious.
      Modern MC unit list:

M106
      M1064
      M1129
      AMS
      Wiesel 2/LePzMrs
      AMOS
      M120 RAK
      2S9 Nona-S
      2S23 Nona-SVK
      2S34 Hosta
      2S31 Vena

2S31 unit info:

The 2S31
      Vena (vein) self-propelled mortar system was revealed in
      1997. This vehicle is designed
      to support mechanized infantry formations. The 2S31 Vena mortar
      system has been trialed by the Russian Army. However its small scale
      production commenced only in 2013. A total of 15 units have been
      exported to Azerbaijan.
      The 2S31 Vena is armed with a 120 mm rifled gun/mortar. It is a further development of the 2A51 gun, mounted on the 2S9 Nona-S. The 2S31 Vena has longer firing range comparing with the 2S9 Nona-S, even though it uses the same ammunition. This mortar system can be used as mortar or howitzer, delivering direct or indirect fire. Maximum range of fire is 7.2 km with mortar mines and 13 km with gun shells. Various munitions can be used, including HEAT, HE-FRAG, smoke. Vena is compatible with all munitions, developed for the Soviet/Russian 120 mm combined gun/mortar systems. It can also fire any 120 mm mortar shells. For precision attacks against armored targets the 2S31 uses Kitolov-2M precision guided munitions.
      Secondary armament consists of 7.62 mm remotely-controlled machine gun, mounted on top of the roof.

Kranzegrad wrote:

At the time
      of its introduction the Vena was
      fitted with a very advanced fire control system, which ensures a high
      first-round-hit probability. Fire control system includes
      reconnaissance, target acquisition, navigation and
      positioning systems.
      Armor of the 2S31 Vena provides protection against small arms fire and artillery shell splinters. Vehicle is fitted with NBC protection and automatic fire suppression systems.
      Vehicle has a crew of four, including commander, gunner, loader and driver.
      The 2S31 Vena mortar system is based on the much modified BMP-3 IFV chassis. Vehicle is powered by the UTD-29 diesel engine, developing 500 horsepower. The Vena is fully amphibious. On water it is propelled by two waterjets.

Kranzegrad wrote:

MC can suitable with Naval Infantry and ACV (APC).

I show for example these unit images, without any misunderstanding.

2S23 Nova-SVK

2S31

Well? @Yak @Germanico @Alphh @Opulon
      Guns are always loaded.

The post was edited 1 time, last by GunlessLands ().

• Kranzegrad wrote:

These text has borrow from 'military-today' web sites, i no have time to writing details, i have other work.
      Ok, but can you give us some values to give us a basic understanding of how the unit is supposed to work? So range and damage against soft and hard units and hitpoints on level 1.
      a.k.a. jem and and eres
    • Hi.

For units, usually, it's less important to describe what visual may be used, and more "what will the unit be ingame", what will be its role, what would be its cost and stats.

Here, sadly, i don't see where you want to go ^^
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • Opulon wrote:

Hi.

For units, usually, it's less important to describe what visual may be used, and more "what will the unit be ingame", what will be its role, what would be its cost and stats.

Here, sadly, i don't see where you want to go ^^
      Huh... i didn't know, well... it's first time, i heard that from you... so, more details and unit purposes. Ok, thanks for importain tips. @Opulon
      Guns are always loaded.