INSURGENT TWEAK UPDATE PLANNED - 21/01/2021 (UTC+1)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• INSURGENT TWEAK UPDATE PLANNED - 21/01/2021 (UTC+1)

+ + + + QUICK UPDATE + + + +
      Commanders!

Please be advised that tomorrow (21/01/2021 - UTC +1) we are going to release an update which will change the way that Insurgents insurrections occur. Right now, revolts occur at a fixed interval, specifically on day change for each day. After the update, revolts will occur once at any time during the 24 hour day, so now there is no telling within the 24 hours at what specific time they will revolt. It is important to note that each city type has it's own respective timer which will apply to all city types.

For example:
      - ALL Homeland cities under your control on Day 1 will (if applicable) revolt @14.00 ingame time. But on Day 2 another random timer is set for 18.00
      - ALL Occupied cities under your control on Day 1 will (if applicable) revolt @19.00 ingame time. But on Day 2 another random timer is set for 12.00
      - ALL Annexed cities under your control on Day 1 will (if applicable) revolt @22.00 ingame time. But on Day 2 another random timer is set for 2.00

This is being communicated to you today so that you can make any preparations needed, now before the update tomorrow (which is slated for approx 11am UTC+1)
      Dorado Games
      Conflict Of Nations

The post was edited 1 time, last by Yak ().

• I see the merit of the update, aka more impactful revolts and need to actually keep ASAP military police in cities, as well as maybe make the day change less buggy, but this is hard to explain.
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • Opulon wrote:

I see the merit of the update, aka more impactful revolts and need to actually keep ASAP military police in cities, as well as maybe make the day change less buggy, but this is hard to explain.
      Simple:
      Insurgency can happen at anytime in every occupied city, but if it will happen in every city at once.

Core and Annexed city will hardly every be affected anyway :D
    • Well, apart from the randomness after day 1, I don't see much change. The vast majority of cities that will be possible to spawn insurgents will fall under the "Occupied" variety, and they will still all go off at once.
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • Are you told, if there could have been an insurgency spawn in occupies cities but there was non? Because if you would, you can use the day after this better. Otherwise you only notice that by having some actually spawn there.

And is this time the same for every player in one game or is it random for each individually?
      a.k.a. jem and and eres
    • Dealer of Death wrote:

I just know I'm gonna be pissed when 5 insurgents spawn 5 minutes after I go to sleep
      Yeah, it is definitely better when you know when they spawn, even though it's less realistic.
      What I like even less is that you can use your units like before, when there was an early insurgency and you know that, but you can only know that, if you have one unguarded city and enough luck. So you get rewarded for not guarding one/some cities, except you get a message in the event log which tells you, that there was a possibility for insurgency.
      a.k.a. jem and and eres
    • " I don't see much change " lmao it have 2 way to exploit old mechanic.

first, you can only need to station your troop at 0.00 the rest of the day i still can use them freely else where.
      now I really have to left them there until the random timer spawn it. I'm not sure does the moral system also be change too.
      after it spawn that time left of the day is what time i got to use my unit else where.

second is the 0.00 snipping where you drive around enemy homeland/territory at 22.00 and set them up on insurgency warfare.
      this might not be that broken but consider how other type of insurgency is stronger it could be on other gamemode.
      This post was made by Leader of the Church of ROAD
    • I don't really see the point of this. It's just you can't plan your occupation and need one more infantry unit to be able to take nearby provinces.
      Will we get the info when the time for revolt is/was if revolt did not occur in occupied cities that day?

Well those days when you had plans for your invasion and rushed to take cities (and nearby provinces) before day change are gone now.
    • Zemunelo wrote:

I don't really see the point of this. It's just you can't plan your occupation and need one more infantry unit to be able to take nearby provinces.
      Will we get the info when the time for revolt is/was if revolt did not occur in occupied cities that day?

Well those days when you had plans for your invasion and rushed to take cities (and nearby provinces) before day change are gone now.
      Likely to spread the server load, so less stuff is happening on the same time.

Also maybe to make it harder to snowball by rushing inactives.
    • You guys , in order to make your servers run smoother, will make the game slower. A fast expanding player will have to use units to hold cities from insurgents, instead of getting unprotected provinces .
      Is that good for the game?
      Will be any index for every day , if the time of insurgents spawn has passed? or Not ?
      Now , in a game, i am attacking an enemy. My divisions took 2 enemy cities and are heading to next cities- targets. Other units are following to go to new- occupied cities to keep them safe from insurgents .
      How soon after a city is taken , can insurgetns appear ? Is there any cool down period ? or it can happens 5' after ??
      Any info about ??

The post was edited 3 times, last by KONSAK1 ().

• KONSAK1 wrote:

You guys , in order to make your servers run smoother, will make the game slower. A fast expanding player will have to use units to hold cities from insurgents, instead of getting unprotected provinces .
      Is that good for the game?
      Actually, yes, I would argue that it has the possibility to be a good change. At worst, you'll have to produce national guards to go behind your main troops. Not only does this provide a bit of the 'realism' that everyone seems to want, it gives the smaller underdogs a chance to fight back.
      "Dealer of Death has counted to infinity... twice"
      -Kurtvonstein