INSURGENT TWEAK UPDATE PLANNED - 21/01/2021 (UTC+1)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• It is possible to still use some of the old strats involved with claiming territory and covering low-moral cities.

If for example; I control some occupied cities, and they all spawn insurgents @ 05:00. Any occupied cities I control (or am about to control) should be safe from insurgents spawning until 00:00.

It does add some randomness, but doesn't totally slow down invasion forces. Will be interesting to see how games play now.
      but, that's just my 2 cents' worth
    • "if you can take city why you can't protect it" <- this idea is so one dimensional thinking. it isn't yes or no, well that why the game is a strategy because you won't always be ready for anything.

about it slow down the game.....
      kinda agree but it would help weaker the snowballing. but i would ague the +10 moral gold thing need to increase price.
      This post was made by Leader of the Church of ROAD
    • Kalrakh wrote:

Zemunelo wrote:

I don't really see the point of this. It's just you can't plan your occupation and need one more infantry unit to be able to take nearby provinces.
      Will we get the info when the time for revolt is/was if revolt did not occur in occupied cities that day?

Well those days when you had plans for your invasion and rushed to take cities (and nearby provinces) before day change are gone now.
      Likely to spread the server load, so less stuff is happening on the same time.
      Also maybe to make it harder to snowball by rushing inactives.
      Is it REALLY going to do that tho? I mean I would think that the number of cities that are of the "occupied" variety has got to be like 99.9% compared to the "annexed" or "homeland". All I see this doing is changing when it occurs, it should still be virtually the same server load from calculating the insurgent issue. Don't you think?
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • Jemandanderes wrote:

What about the morale increase? So earlier on, the morale increased at ingame midnight I think, after the game checked for insurgent spawn.

So is the morale increase tied to the insurgency spawn or to ingame midnight?
      That was not addressed in this update. It was only incidental that morale change and insurgents would both occur at 00:00. The only relation those 2 things have is the question of "is morale over 34%?". So, morale should still change at midnight.
      but, that's just my 2 cents' worth
    • Dealer of Death wrote:

Kalrakh wrote:

Zemunelo wrote:

I don't really see the point of this. It's just you can't plan your occupation and need one more infantry unit to be able to take nearby provinces.
      Will we get the info when the time for revolt is/was if revolt did not occur in occupied cities that day?

Well those days when you had plans for your invasion and rushed to take cities (and nearby provinces) before day change are gone now.
      Likely to spread the server load, so less stuff is happening on the same time.Also maybe to make it harder to snowball by rushing inactives.
      Is it REALLY going to do that tho? I mean I would think that the number of cities that are of the "occupied" variety has got to be like 99.9% compared to the "annexed" or "homeland". All I see this doing is changing when it occurs, it should still be virtually the same server load from calculating the insurgent issue. Don't you think?

No, because every player on a map has now its own timers, so instead of every city checking for insurgency at once, it will check for every player at a different time.

The server load by itself did not change but it is now spread out over the day instead of all in 1 minute.
    • Kalrakh wrote:

No, because every player on a map has now its own timers, so instead of every city checking for insurgency at once, it will check for every player at a different time.

The server load by itself did not change but it is now spread out over the day instead of all in 1 minute.
      I must have missed that.
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • Okey, checking with the game news, I guess I missinterpreted. All occupied city on a map will have their insurgencies at the same time.
      I read the example, as if every player would have his own timeframes, but on my one map all insurgencies happened at 8:47 AM.

But the likelyhood of several maps having their insurgencies at the same time is now decreased, I would suspect.
    • Well we have

1. insurgents being unpredictable with their apperance
      2. inactives being taken over by AI.
      3. Bigger maps dont bring bigger motivation they just set higher VP goals and more inactives...
      You need to be really dedicated to get >7000 VP for a rising Tide map...
      4.When I look at my fighting statistic I killed more AI units then player controlled.

So de facto you have Player vs Engine with some human interactions...

Anyway if the devs still read this. I understand this update as a First step to make the change of day independent from server date. Meaning Daychange at the time when the game starts.

This way I can pick round where daychange is at 4 pm Germany time. Gives me lots of comfort like starting new research while I am awake and not on the next morning, see spy activities early and so on...

So far the day change as is, is benefiting American continent countries most.
      @Dorado If you Close the Forum and move everything to Discord you will lose my Feedback for sure.