How about a 100x game mode?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How about a 100x game mode?

I've played a little over 30 games so far, most them took between 30-100 days to finish. Thanks to 4x mode, the games were shortened to 1-3 weeks of real world time. That's still a long time and one helluva commitment to gaming, so how about a mode that we can finish in 1 day?

100x would make these games playable in a day or less and drastically increase the number of people who have time to play this great game!

I hope this mode is coming soon.
    • Instead of attacking every RL hour, units would attack every 36 RL seconds, so hat would be way to fast. Maybe it works to do the micro in that little time at the beginning, but no later than the late game it is going to be impossible to give commands to your units, since you have so many of them.
      a.k.a. jem and and eres
    • They apparently tried 10X at one point and that was too much load for the servers to handle. People have suggested ideas like this (6x, 8X, 10X, 50X...) before, and the issue of server load is what it all boils down too. I'm far from an expert at this, but I would think they would need to strip down parts of the game to help it run at those speeds (and to not give you information overload in the newspaper lol).

Now, if it were possible to do such an idea... I would love to try it out! Many strategy games can begin and end within an hour or 2. I would imagine CoN at that speed would be more like playing speed chess. You would have little time to think, plan, and strategize, but have to move more on instinct and reactions.
      but, that's just my 2 cents' worth