How about a 6x Speed gamemode?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How about a 6x Speed gamemode?

Here me out guys 4 times speed is a fun game mode and its one of the only ones I play with a few friends IRL[In Real Life] and are the majority of the games I play. However I do like to run a flashpoint occasionally but as a solo. a 4 times speed is pretty good where 6 hours IRL is 24 hours in game which is fairly use full, but perhaps an 6x speed could be the way to go. I get the whole thing about long term strategy but with a 6x speed I really do think it would help reduce the amount of gold spenders that play in it. Don't get me wrong it's great when people go out of their way to help support the game buy buying gold (Me myself spent well over 2.5k on gold) but it will make the game overall more fun to play for the non gold users and will shorten the time it takes in real life to actually produce troops build structures and invade people as well. With how our 24 hour day cycle works I feel like an 6x speed game (every 4 hours IRL will be 24 hours in game) will either go one really fast pace with invading other countries or 2 will be very extended due to the fact of 2 things: First off it will be very extended because of how rouge states work now. I feel like they will spread like wildfire so to speak and with the amount of time they are given with afk players they will be harder to defeat making the game more chaotic and fun. Second off for my other reasoning for it to be more extended is by the time an actual real life day passes by it will be day 6 in game with people needing to work and sleep they will be able to play maybe a day or 2 maybe even 3 out of the 6 and have to play more off of a defensive standpoint rather then just offense.

Those are my reasonings on why a 6x speed game would be good.. The original thread was for an 8x speed however a 6x speed is more reasonable.
    • First of all you will not need resources, you can just wait a little bit and you have them.
      That means less gold usage means less gold purchase.

Second when you go to sleep you loose 2 in-game days and that is a lot. TOO MUCH.
      When I play (always 1x game) I relog many times a day. And there is that braking point on day when you need to be loged in and playing constantly for several hours because you're in conflict with your main opponent/s. If you win you pretty much won the game.
      Imagine 6x and you're going to sleep and your main opponent/s war-dec you...

Third this is not a classic rts game and is not designed to be that. It is a grand strategy game. Completely different game type. Planning and execution on a long run.

Forth you can always attack your enemy while he is sleeping. It's easy to check the news and find when is he quiet. But if it is two in-game days, cmon, he is so dead.

Now there are some nice mobile rts games to try. Similar to old school games like Generals etc. Games that last half an hour to hour at most.
      There are even mobile mmo rts games with much faster pace. A lot of clicking though but that's mobile trend.
    • Zemunelo wrote:

Third this is not a classic rts game and is not designed to be that. It is a grand strategy game. Completely different game type. Planning and execution on a long run."First of all you will not need resources, you can just wait a little bit and you have them.
      That means less gold usage means less gold purchase.

Second when you go to sleep you loose 2 in-game days and that is a lot. TOO MUCH.
      When I play (always 1x game) I relog many times a day. And there is that braking point on day when you need to be loged in and playing constantly for several hours because you're in conflict with your main opponent/s. If you win you pretty much won the game.
      Imagine 6x and you're going to sleep and your main opponent/s war-dec you...

Third this is not a classic rts game and is not designed to be that. It is a grand strategy game. Completely different game type. Planning and execution on a long run.

Forth you can always attack your enemy while he is sleeping. It's easy to check the news and find when is he quiet. But if it is two in-game days, cmon, he is so dead.

Now there are some nice mobile rts games to try. Similar to old school games like Generals etc. Games that last half an hour to hour at most.
      There are even mobile mmo rts games with much faster pace. A lot of clicking though but that's mobile trend.
      As far as the gold I mean I would not really bother spending gold on resources more or less people use it for speeding up builds compared to a 6x game it would be somewhat useless unless if they use it to cool down cities or use the gold under the intelligence tab instead of wasting it on resources.

if you lose 2 days due to sleep that is fine like I said above, you'll have to also play from a defensive standpoint and not just a consistent offensive standpoint. This will allow you to build more structures in your cities and annexing cities too allowing your home cities and any cities you take over to gain more morale and gain a higher population while adding to you VP as those go up as well once you build more structures in the cities. More or less losing 2 days is not that bad, think of it more like your preparing yourself for a defensive stand point while your opponent does the same or tries to invade you. If you are able to prepare enough you will be able to win. If you keep your troops in your home cites they automatically get homefield advantage during battles. Plus with coalitions too you should have another teammate on to help stop an invasion.

And I understand your point of view on this game being meant for a long strategy game, but the only issue with that is it gets really boring fast to the point where you'll have a 1/4 or maybe even half the server quit playing that map within 2 weeks of consistently playing it. Oh and if your on flashpoint the bots will take over and just keep pushing out armored contacts to make the game even longer to the the point of having to vote to end the game.

As far as attacking overnight yeah you can do that but like I said before you and you keep bringing up the fact of missing 2 days in game.. You could always be in a co, have a team, different time zones, and on top of that like you said "Third this is not a classic rts game and is not designed to be that. It is a grand strategy game. Completely different game type. Planning and execution on a long run." This is my point exactly. The game is planned top played as a long term game regardless of what speed you play it at it will be designed for it with it also being a grand strategy game you'll have to pick between offense or defense or being in a team or playing by yourself in a 6x speed game mode.

But to try and compare a fast pace game to mobile, nah I'm all set I like the way this game is setup and I think a 6x speed would be a good add on to the game allowing players to play more strategically. But with you playing only 1x speed I feel bad man those games last way too long and everyone just goes inactive if you stick it out and have enough VP to get first and then vote to end the game by all means go for it.
    • What are you talking about defensive standpoint when you're absent from the game for 2 in-game days?
      There is no defense if you don't play. You have to be online in game to be able to defend.
      You are just sitting duck if you are not online. Nothing will help you against a player who knows what to do.

There are so many ways to destroy someone's stack.

This game is all about offense from day one.
      You have to expand and attack.
      Ofc there are units that are better for defence and you can build bunkers etc. But it is only to give you enough time so that your units are not destroyed before you're back online.

Btw I like to play Flashpoint. It is much faster and chaotic with more early conflict. Usually will be decided between 15 and 20th day.

I choose to play the map if I see enough real players at least 10-15 with real names and several games already played. I don't join if I see majority of players are "userxxxx" lvl1.
      It's hard to find Flashpoint with enough players these days.

Most of the players stay in game until they are destroyed (by me :thumbup: ).
      Never had to vote to end game.
      Due to the small province size especially in Europe the game is not boring and too slow and you can have several real players in your neighborhood from the start.
    • Exras wrote:

Here me out guys 4 times speed is a fun game mode and its one of the only ones I play with a few friends IRL[In Real Life] and are the majority of the games I play. However I do like to run a flashpoint occasionally but as a solo. a 4 times speed is pretty good where 6 hours IRL is 24 hours in game which is fairly use full, but perhaps an 6x speed could be the way to go. I get the whole thing about long term strategy but with a 6x speed I really do think it would help reduce the amount of gold spenders that play in it. Don't get me wrong it's great when people go out of their way to help support the game buy buying gold (Me myself spent well over 2.5k on gold) but it will make the game overall more fun to play for the non gold users and will shorten the time it takes in real life to actually produce troops build structures and invade people as well. With how our 24 hour day cycle works I feel like an 6x speed game (every 4 hours IRL will be 24 hours in game) will either go one really fast pace with invading other countries or 2 will be very extended due to the fact of 2 things: First off it will be very extended because of how rouge states work now. I feel like they will spread like wildfire so to speak and with the amount of time they are given with afk players they will be harder to defeat making the game more chaotic and fun. Second off for my other reasoning for it to be more extended is by the time an actual real life day passes by it will be day 6 in game with people needing to work and sleep they will be able to play maybe a day or 2 maybe even 3 out of the 6 and have to play more off of a defensive standpoint rather then just offense.

Those are my reasonings on why a 6x speed game would be good.. The original thread was for an 8x speed however a 6x speed is more reasonable.
      No. No, no, and no. How would any human have time for a 6x game?
      On the edge, but never extinct.
    • jct_it wrote:

Exras wrote:

you can make time perhaps they could make it a special event. If you really do like 1x speed good for you guys it's just dragged out too much 4x is good but 6x would make it more competitive.
    • Exras wrote:

jct_it wrote:

Exras wrote:

you can make time perhaps they could make it a special event. If you really do like 1x speed good for you guys it's just dragged out too much 4x is good but 6x would make it more competitive.
      ×6 game mode?

WTF dude, during my latest ×4 game I had to stay up late till 3 AM for almost 3 days in order to defeat an experienced player in a full- out war

With that being said about ×4 games, how long would I've to stay active in order not to lose to a player playing in china or the US in a ×6 game?

There's no way no- gold spenders are gonna survive in this type of games
    • _dany20_ wrote:

Exras wrote:

jct_it wrote:

Exras wrote:

×6 game mode?
      WTF dude, during my latest ×4 game I had to stay up late till 3 AM for almost 3 days in order to defeat an experienced player in a full- out war

With that being said about ×4 games, how long would I've to stay active in order not to lose to a player playing in china or the US in a ×6 game?

I mean China and USA are fairly hard to play as, you either need a really active Asia or a really active Americas co to be able to even win. Those countries are really big and it takes a long time to take over all the provinces and cities too. As far as you having to stay up until 3 AM that's the thing it depends where everyone is on that server with different time zones It makes the game more strategic. As far as gold spenders not being able to survive more or less it depends on what you use your gold on. You would not really need to waste gold on speeding up troops with 6x and with arms industry level 5 too.. people could use gold for maybe other things like intelligence, or maybe cooling down cities, or maybe even to speed up research. The same argument can be made for 4x speed. If 4x is a big deal you could always go back to playing 1x speed but if you really want to wait all that time to take out a country by all means go for it man. It comes down to preference and I think a 6x game mode would help benefit this game allowing more players to actively play on it, and not worry about staying up too late to defend whiile you can easily play from a defensive standpoint.
    • _dany20_ wrote:

Exras wrote:

jct_it wrote:

Exras wrote:

×6 game mode?

Exras wrote:

_dany20_ wrote:

Exras wrote:

jct_it wrote:

Exras wrote:

×6 game mode?WTF dude, during my latest ×4 game I had to stay up late till 3 AM for almost 3 days in order to defeat an experienced player in a full- out war

I mean China and USA are fairly hard to play as, you either need a really active Asia or a really active Americas co to be able to even win. Those countries are really big and it takes a long time to take over all the provinces and cities too. As far as you having to stay up until 3 AM that's the thing it depends where everyone is on that server with different time zones It makes the game more strategic. As far as gold spenders not being able to survive more or less it depends on what you use your gold on. You would not really need to waste gold on speeding up troops with 6x and with arms industry level 5 too.. people could use gold for maybe other things like intelligence, or maybe cooling down cities, or maybe even to speed up research. The same argument can be made for 4x speed. If 4x is a big deal you could always go back to playing 1x speed but if you really want to wait all that time to take out a country by all means go for it man. It comes down to preference and I think a 6x game mode would help benefit this game allowing more players to actively play on it, and not worry about staying up too late to defend whiile you can easily play from a defensive standpoint.
      I'm living in Germany (UTC +2) wich is far away from both the US and China

And what I meant by saying

_dany20_ wrote:

how long would I've to stay active in order not to lose to a player playing in china or the US in a ×6 game?
      is that there's a huge time zone difference between both countries wich means that when it's time to sleep in Germany it's almost afternoon in the US and dawn in China thus, I won't be able to defend for almost 2 days!!
    • Exras wrote:

jct_it wrote:

Exras wrote:

BOOOO! Eliminate all games above 1X!!!
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • user8394273 wrote:

Why be limited to 6x. Initiate a 100x speed mode; the game would become like a real time strategy game (command and conquer for example), with games lasting 1-2 hours :)
      Then just play that game.

user8394273 wrote:

Not really actually, one hour becomes approximately 30s, and that's the time needed to cross a province or a turn of battle. Research now takes 15 minutes, and the game 7 hours (could be fun once a year a 7 hour stretch). It would need focus, but it still doesn't qualify as fast paced.
      Don't forget that you can get into an other country in about 2 ingame hours when the countries are a little more on the small end. Dividing that by 100 makes 1 minute and 12 seconds for you to get to the borders of a foreign country. Then he would have the time to react and protect his cities, not a task that easy when you consider that getting to some enemy towns doesn't take that long it takes even less to get into his cities with big armies. And then you would already have the upper hand because you have conquered some cities.
      In strategy games which you play in one session your fights take way longer, you have more reaction time.

The reason for this gamemode to be still so insanely fast paced with about 7 hours time per game is the sheer amount of players per game. In real time games that take about 2-3 hours you play maybe play in a ffa round with about 5 other players, so to win you probably have to kill 2 or 3 other players. If the game just takes 2 hours each fight would be 40 minutes long, with the first fights probably being shorter than the last fights.
      In CoN on the other hand you need to fight against way more players in those seven hours. And in the late game you have so many troops on the field that you could never play fast enough to micro all troops. Sometimes your reaction times are less than an hour, which would be 36 seconds in which you have to hive commands to troops all over the world.

But it would probably be fun to make a 100x game once with the best players on a small map (I don't know which map is the smallest) and let them record it.
      a.k.a. jem and and eres
    • user8394273 wrote:

Why be limited to 6x. Initiate a 100x speed mode; the game would become like a real time strategy game (command and conquer for example), with games lasting 1-2 hours :)
      I actually asked the mods on Reddit and they said that the servers can’t handle 100x speed lmao
      Currently on (potentially permanent) hiatus

Instead of choosing wings to fly, we chose hands to hold with each other.

Yet the sky still fascinates us, is it such a crime to keep on dreaming?