How to Use Production Queue and Conduct Research

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How to Use Production Queue and Conduct Research

Has anyone figured out how to effectively conduct research with an ongoing production queue?

Research almost always requires more supplies than any unit in the production queue.
      This means, when using the queue you will never achieve enough supplies to start research.

Is there currently a way to avoid this, other than buying required supplies?

My feeling is this is an intentional flaw placed maliciously by the makers of this game to get you to (1) pay money for the queue and then (2) pay money to use gold to keep research ongoing.
      Bullshit in my mind, but maybe there is a solution.

Possible Solutions
      1. Allow research to be placed in the queue.
      2. Provide a "Pause Production" button to the queue to prevent new units from starting.
      3. Provide some method to allocation supplies to research or production.
    • If you have a supply shortage consider changing your strategy and using different units than those that need supply.

And if you check you'll find that most quality units actually don't need supply.
      Armor, no supply except recon. Aircrafts no supply. Helicopters only gunship, other heli no supply. Support, mixed supply need. Etc.

So if you use strategy from youtube where you'll find "advice" to build motorized infrantry in every city on day one... Than yes you'll have supply shortage very soon.

But that is the worst advice I've ever seen.
      Creating only regular infantry will not make you stronger.

If you use stronger units you'll find that most needed resource is not supply or even components but little green one :D
    • As far as I heard from pros, the best strategy for ground are MRLs to deal damage to ground, since they have high damage and biggest range of all anti-ground support, backed up with SAM to defend against aircrafts and mobile radar because of the huge radar range (but as far as I got it you can also use AWACs, which also have a high radar range, but need airports to operate). In the air you have ASF to which protect against choppers.
      Additionally to this you probably use missiles to launch them from the ASF and also other stuff and of course one kind of infantry to occupy.
      And I heard of the usage of Special forces which can attack the lonely units that tare on their way to the front or also stacks with mostly support.
      In the sea I think are multiple strategies that work.

So in this strategy you use to this point more supplies than components, but you still need to build navy, where you probably need more components.

Please correct me if I'm wrong or did not mention a strategy.
      a.k.a. jem and and eres
    • GreenGooy wrote:

@Zemunelo and @Jemandanderes, thanks for the reply but you obviously don't know what I'm talking about. Please stop replying to my thread.
      The only people who would know would be people paying for the use of queueing.

Does anyone know of a functioning method to be able to conduct research, without using gold, while the queue is active?
      No. The only way I've done it is to monitor my research deadlines and ensure that whatever is queued up prior to it won't eat the resources I need to research. If it does, I have to clear the queue (is that really the right way to spell it?!?) and/or reorganize it via selecting different units to prioritize. And even then, it doesn't always work and I have to either wait for the resources or cancel a build (or both).
    • GreenGooy wrote:

@Zemunelo and @Jemandanderes, thanks for the reply but you obviously don't know what I'm talking about. Please stop replying to my thread.
      The only people who would know would be people paying for the use of queueing.

Does anyone know of a functioning method to be able to conduct research, without using gold, while the queue is active?
      But do you need to queue so much troops? Yes, I'm not using SC, but if I would, I would only queue them for my offline time and queue new ones when I'm online again, just in a way I wouldn't waste time not mobilizing.
      a.k.a. jem and and eres
    • @Jemandanderes You bring up a good point and to what you and @DOA70 are saying, we are forced to take a bit of a 'nutered' approach to the queue (yes, dumb word but that's how it's spelled).

The queue is set up to allow up to 8 construction projects per city. Ideally you could select all your cities and queue all of them at the same time. Ideally, that would work great. Since I started queueing production efficiency is well targeted.

I really like this game but I have made sacrifices in the past based on moral grounds. It feels like CON designed the process this way to double-screw people paying for the council and queueing.
      Quite a bummer that I hope CON has plans to fix.

Thanks everyone for your replies. This is what I thought but wanted to confirm. I appreciate it.