Tanks move by rail?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Tanks move by rail?

Yesterday I was playing a game when I was UK, my allies were France, Germany, Russia, Algeria.

Now after taking all Europe and about to go to the East and the south of Africa to invade it you send your troops, go have asleep,
      maybe then play on your brand new PS5 and come back the next day to see that your tanks are almost there.
      I mean it is easy for infantry to travel long distances by planes. But tanks are so slow.

So it rang a bell in my head, you know in World War II tanks and heavy guns used to be carried by rail.
      Even it is still happening nowadays.

It would be awesome if you can connect your coalition who share the same borders with you with rails especially in a places where it is hard to move your army fast like in snowy provinces.
      Guns be with us.
    • Mikes961 wrote:

Yesterday I was playing a game when I was UK, my allies were France, Germany, Russia, Algeria.

Now after taking all Europe and about to go to the East and the south of Africa to invade it you send your troops, go have asleep,
      maybe then play on your brand new PS5 and come back the next day to see that your tanks are almost there.
      I mean it is easy for infantry to travel long distances by planes. But tanks are so slow.

So it rang a bell in my head, you know in World War II tanks and heavy guns used to be carried by rail.
      Even it is still happening nowadays.

It would be awesome if you can connect your coalition who share the same borders with you with rails especially in a places where it is hard to move your army fast like in snowy provinces.
      that's a good idea but their is the military logistics, also upgrading your tanks to a certain level you can have them be airlifted.
    • Mikes961 wrote:

Teburu wrote:

then pls explain to me wtf this is
      What I meant is, to make train ways between capitals, so you can move your army faster through trains through far lands.Connecting cities with a subways

Check this picture to know what I mean.

imo what’s wrong with just moving them through normal provinces with military logistics? The time difference is minimal and would also be incredibly difficult to code in.
      Not to mention that airlift is, indeed, way faster, cheaper and easier than any railway
      Currently on (potentially permanent) hiatus

Instead of choosing wings to fly, we chose hands to hold with each other.

Yet the sky still fascinates us, is it such a crime to keep on dreaming?
    • I understand that the tank is frustrated slow, but you are simply want to cover it weak point which there is already a partial solution for it. (the military logistics). First you have to except that try to extend unit used beyond their capacity is bad and the option to make it better is expensive or not available at all. In this situation all you could do is optimizing where you would build the military logistic, upgrade it to gen 3 or simply shift army to favor other suitable units.

note: MBT can be airlift at generation 3
      This post was made by Leader of the Church of ROAD
    • playbabe wrote:

I understand that the tank is frustrated slow, but you are simply want to cover it weak point which there is already a partial solution for it. (the military logistics). First you have to except that try to extend unit used beyond their capacity is bad and the option to make it better is expensive or not available at all. In this situation all you could do is optimizing where you would build the military logistic, upgrade it to gen 3 or simply shift army to favor other suitable units.

note: MBT can be airlift at generation 3
      Thank you all for your feedback!

I am aware of everything that you are saying.

I have to upgrade tanks to be able to airlift it. And I totally agree that military logistics can make roads easier,
      but my point that if I want to travel my tanks outside my lands, to allies' lands and to take over away countries. not all allies rally on the tanks to make logistics.
      The point of my article is about how to make my units reach allies places.

Hope you got my point.

Cheers!!
      Guns be with us.
    • playbabe wrote:

yes i got your point that why I said you have to optimized where you would build the road.
      in general just build on the province that have longest path
      Actually you should build on units path. Send units to destination, check the path and build in every province on their path. It's only about 3h to build them. 150% speedup if not wrong (not playing any map to open and check).
      Very cheap so in mid and late game no problem to build.
    • Mikes961 wrote:

but my point that if I want to travel my tanks outside my lands, to allies' lands and to take over away countries. not all allies rally on the tanks to make logistics.
      The point of my article is about how to make my units reach allies places.
      So you think it someone would just let you travel right to his capital? And if not, I don't get how are different from military logistics? Yes, they could be pre built, but CoN is not a game with pre built things, so what's the difference?

And if you an to reach an ally, you can airlift form airport to airport, send them via ship from port to port (most ports are connected, only some are on landlocked seas) or just use take the ground route which transports them the normal way or as it appears on a train if you have built military logistics, which you can ask them to build, but since airlift is just way faster, it doesn't make that much sense to build long roads.
      And foreign countries also wouldn't let your army through, even if you tell them, you just want to attack someone behind them (ok, maybe some would give you Right of Way if you ask kind enough, but I can't imagine anyone, who is doing this, since you could easily attack them while already being in their cities).
      a.k.a. jem and and eres
    • so instead of that option that makes landunits move faster you want yet another option that makes landunits move faster
      i mean the picture for military logistics already shows a fucking train; just build them between starting and endlocation and you have your trains

something like "trains between capitals" is made completely redundant by the infinitly more versatile military logistics :D
      I am The Baseline for opinions
    • Jemandanderes wrote:

Well, maybe he wants to use them as a way to get to or through foreign territory, we can't know until he tells us.
      He literally said right there what he meant
      >What I meant is, to make train ways between capitals, so you can move your army faster through trains through far lands.Connecting cities with a subways

Do you even read the thread bro?
      I am The Baseline for opinions