City Bridges + Advanced River

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Itamar810 wrote:

My suggestion
      Have some kind of a bridge above the water in cities like Paris so ships (Corvettes, Destroyers and Transport Ships) could pass in the rivers from cities to make shorter arrival times and add more actions into the game by the danger of your capital being attacked from the water.

I'm confused by what you are suggesting. A bridge that speeds up ships passing beneath it? Shorter arrival times? Arrival times of what, to where?

And what kind of actions?
      but, that's just my 2 cents' worth
    • 737373elj wrote:

Aren’t rivers supposed to be obstacles for defensive maneuvering?
      Well, he wants ships to be able to pass the land bridges(aka cities), so it wouldn't lower the defensive use of rivers, but you would be able to use ships in defense more. Would make the game more like Rising Tide Maps.

ScaredBowDK wrote:

Imo, bridges seem like a pretty good idea to move ground troops across rivers.
      He doesn't mean land bridges, he means water bridges, better known under ship canal. (actually they aren't called bridges)
      a.k.a. jem and and eres
    • Jemandanderes wrote:

737373elj wrote:

Well, he wants ships to be able to pass the land bridges(aka cities), so it wouldn't lower the defensive use of rivers, but you would be able to use ships in defense more. Would make the game more like Rising Tide Maps.

ScaredBowDK wrote:

He doesn't mean land bridges, he means water bridges, better known under ship canal. (actually they aren't called bridges)
      I wouldn't be so fast as to say he is suggesting water canals, check the original post...

Itamar810 wrote:

My suggestion
      Have some kind of a bridge above the water in cities like Paris so ships (Corvettes, Destroyers and Transport Ships) could pass in the rivers from cities to make shorter arrival times and add more actions into the game by the danger of your capital being attacked from the water.
      Here he mentions this "bridge" is above the water.

The original post is too confusing to make heads or tails of it yet, that's why I asked for clarification in my fist comment.
      but, that's just my 2 cents' worth
    • MicahWill wrote:

Jemandanderes wrote:

737373elj wrote:

ScaredBowDK wrote:

I wouldn't be so fast as to say he is suggesting water canals, check the original post...

Itamar810 wrote:

My suggestion
      Here he mentions this "bridge" is above the water.

The original post is too confusing to make heads or tails of it yet, that's why I asked for clarification in my fist comment.

I see that he is referring to a bridge above the water, but as far as I understood this, he meant to replace the connecting land between one side of the river and the other side of the river with a bridge, so ships could drive below them.
      But playbabe has a point, the warships we have would not be able to drive below bridges, except they are retractable.
      a.k.a. jem and and eres