DEVELOPER DIARY 18: SEASON 6 TEASER

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

  • MicahWill wrote:

    Dealer of Death wrote:

    Pah, it's probably an Elite Naval AWACS
    The hero we don't deserve.

    But for real, maybe a minelayer unit? It's supposed to be something new, has been asked for in the past, and "brand new units possessing a unique feature to CoN, which will further contribute to the micro aspect of warfare." sounds like the addition of a new element to the battlefield. Possibly mines, but I'm just guessing as that seems to meet the criteria in Yak's post, and it may be what that vague picture is featuring.
    Yeah, mines would bring something new to the game as they would be nice sneaky way of defending your land or damage enemy navy with naval mines. But I highly doubt that this would be connected to the new units. I would say that it might be battleships which won't be anything new at all but still they will bring something new or some kind of electronic warfare unit which would disable enemy radar or air units. From last conflicts we know that electronic warfare units are more and more crusial to outcome of battle or entire war so it would be logical to use them for the game.

    Also this is a question for forum moderators and probably offtopic but still I want to ask you: "Is there any chance that units like MLRS, SAMs or destroyers will have their 2nd and 3rd model changened for thier IRL system. This game has nice 3 stage models of military vehicles but it's annoying to have BM-21 Grad model for BM-30 system or Darling class destroyer model for early cold war European destroyer." If there is any thread where I can discuss it or any clear answer I would appreciate if any of you mods can tell me
  • ewac123 wrote:

    Not to be mean, but if you know anything about Yak and the other moderators and managers, you will know that if they want some speculation(as they do here) they will give many conflicting hints that lead you on a wild goose chase when you really should be looking for the camels.
    MUTANT Camels, ^&*@%$!!!!
    *** Warning: This poster is on double secret probation ***

    "Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
  • 737373elj wrote:

    So I saw this on the CON Reddit: reddit.com/r/ConflictofNations…vers_season_6_asset_leak/

    And speculation: Could this be THE OPENING SEQUENCE FOR THE MUTANT CAMEL SPAWNING ASSETS FOR UFOs???
    Perhaps the bright light is where it shoots laser from? The main page shows 3 new units (looks like air, water, and land). What do they all have in common? They shoot lasers! Maybe they shoot from a very far distance but do low damage? However, over time, you will be able to take out units without taking any damage. Plus lasers are quickly becoming a main priority of real-life military research. You know what else is a priority of real military? Kinetic weapons....and now we have my favorite unit in the game, railguns!

    I also do really like the idea of laying mines that would be a nice added feature. But how would an air unit use a mine? And because the page shows 3 new units is makes me think it has to be something that air, land, and water units can do. Has there been talk of lasers before?
  • Mike6133 wrote:

    737373elj wrote:

    So I saw this on the CON Reddit: reddit.com/r/ConflictofNations…vers_season_6_asset_leak/

    And speculation: Could this be THE OPENING SEQUENCE FOR THE MUTANT CAMEL SPAWNING ASSETS FOR UFOs???
    Perhaps the bright light is where it shoots laser from? The main page shows 3 new units (looks like air, water, and land). What do they all have in common? They shoot lasers! Maybe they shoot from a very far distance but do low damage? However, over time, you will be able to take out units without taking any damage. Plus lasers are quickly becoming a main priority of real-life military research. You know what else is a priority of real military? Kinetic weapons....and now we have my favorite unit in the game, railguns!
    I also do really like the idea of laying mines that would be a nice added feature. But how would an air unit use a mine? And because the page shows 3 new units is makes me think it has to be something that air, land, and water units can do. Has there been talk of lasers before?
    Implementation of railguns wasn't that hard for them. They are are just artellery units combined with SPAAGs/SAMs and laser won't be that hard either. Attack is very simple here since it occures in either 10mins for AA or 1h normal ground units. Also what main page are you talking about? You mean main page for the game or main page of the "leak" (I saw just one blury picture of something in the leak)?
    Also I suggested electronic warfare complexes which might disable your radar and air units and that sounds more interesting to me. And taking in count that lasers are used mainly as light AA defence I would say they won't make them as single gamechanging type of units
  • MicahWill wrote:

    Dealer of Death wrote:

    Pah, it's probably an Elite Naval AWACS
    The hero we don't deserve.

    But for real, maybe a minelayer unit? It's supposed to be something new, has been asked for in the past, and "brand new units possessing a unique feature to CoN, which will further contribute to the micro aspect of warfare." sounds like the addition of a new element to the battlefield. Possibly mines, but I'm just guessing as that seems to meet the criteria in Yak's post, and it may be what that vague picture is featuring.
    My guess is a vehicle that can lay mines, destroy mines, and an elite unit for this new season. The original pic for this season showed three vehicles (i am guessing that they are all vehicles) underneath some tarps. We have a pretty good idea of what they will release for the elite this season (it follows a pattern of ground, air, sea) and now we know they are introducing a vehicle that is speculated to have an ability to lay mines and change the "micro" in war. But there needs to be some way to get rid of mines, right? Everything in this game has a counter. So my guess is something that can destroy mines as well, and possibly deal damage to ground units (but not a lot because its main purpose is getting rid of mines).

    Edit: 1611849005_news_images_14314.jpg
    Here, if you look, there are three vehicles. We now have a good idea of two of them. So what about the third? That is why I think that the third unknown vehicle is a counter to the extra vehicle introduced, and why its taken so long to get the new units out. They are wanting to make sure it is all balanced. After all, they are introducing a new variable to the ground game and a new variable to the sea game. The meta will probably shift super quickly.

    The post was edited 1 time, last by StopThereCowboy ().

  • Dealer of Death wrote:

    Teburu wrote:

    Dealer of Death wrote:

    Kranzegrad wrote:

    AAAHHH......

    it's not damx camel, it is 3X ELITE COMMANDOS!!!
    Kranz.jpg
    doesnt look that mutated tho
    Really? That's his Ass-end!!!
    @Teburu Wait! ... we are talking about the camel here, not Kranzegrad, right?
    *** Warning: This poster is on double secret probation ***

    "Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
  • StopThereCowboy wrote:

    MicahWill wrote:

    Dealer of Death wrote:

    Pah, it's probably an Elite Naval AWACS
    The hero we don't deserve.
    But for real, maybe a minelayer unit? It's supposed to be something new, has been asked for in the past, and "brand new units possessing a unique feature to CoN, which will further contribute to the micro aspect of warfare." sounds like the addition of a new element to the battlefield. Possibly mines, but I'm just guessing as that seems to meet the criteria in Yak's post, and it may be what that vague picture is featuring.
    My guess is a vehicle that can lay mines, destroy mines, and an elite unit for this new season. The original pic for this season showed three vehicles (i am guessing that they are all vehicles) underneath some tarps. We have a pretty good idea of what they will release for the elite this season (it follows a pattern of ground, air, sea) and now we know they are introducing a vehicle that is speculated to have an ability to lay mines and change the "micro" in war. But there needs to be some way to get rid of mines, right? Everything in this game has a counter. So my guess is something that can destroy mines as well, and possibly deal damage to ground units (but not a lot because its main purpose is getting rid of mines).
    Edit: 1611849005_news_images_14314.jpg
    Here, if you look, there are three vehicles. We now have a good idea of two of them. So what about the third? That is why I think that the third unknown vehicle is a counter to the extra vehicle introduced, and why its taken so long to get the new units out. They are wanting to make sure it is all balanced. After all, they are introducing a new variable to the ground game and a new variable to the sea game. The meta will probably shift super quickly.
    I think we're thinking along the same lines. Seems like there will be one or two new base units (unit and counter-unit) added that will introduce a new game mechanic, and our usual elite unit for the season fresh with black-n-red paint.
    but, that's just my 2 cents' worth
  • reddit.com/r/ConflictofNations…e_some_sort_of_landbased/
    More datamining. I see two lasers there. People are speculating it's an AA unit. Maybe lasers will be the special new feature?
    Currently on (potentially permanent) hiatus

    Instead of choosing wings to fly, we chose hands to hold with each other.

    Yet the sky still fascinates us, is it such a crime to keep on dreaming?
  • 737373elj wrote:

    reddit.com/r/ConflictofNations…e_some_sort_of_landbased/
    More datamining. I see two lasers there. People are speculating it's an AA unit. Maybe lasers will be the special new feature?
    I was starting to get on board with the AA unit idea, but railgun basically has that covered as an elite unit. Maybe it will be some form of electronics warfare unit? Drone AA?
    but, that's just my 2 cents' worth
  • MicahWill wrote:

    737373elj wrote:

    reddit.com/r/ConflictofNations…e_some_sort_of_landbased/
    More datamining. I see two lasers there. People are speculating it's an AA unit. Maybe lasers will be the special new feature?
    I was starting to get on board with the AA unit idea, but railgun basically has that covered as an elite unit. Maybe it will be some form of electronics warfare unit? Drone AA?
    I think I found what vehicle it's. I think it's nither laser based AA nor electronic warfare unit but elite SPG unit or better to say ATGM carrier - this exact look like 9P157-2 Khrizantema. That's russian radar guided turretless platform based on BMP-3
  • Capt_Rodgers wrote:

    MicahWill wrote:

    737373elj wrote:

    reddit.com/r/ConflictofNations…e_some_sort_of_landbased/
    More datamining. I see two lasers there. People are speculating it's an AA unit. Maybe lasers will be the special new feature?
    I was starting to get on board with the AA unit idea, but railgun basically has that covered as an elite unit. Maybe it will be some form of electronics warfare unit? Drone AA?
    I think I found what vehicle it's. I think it's nither laser based AA nor electronic warfare unit but elite SPG unit or better to say ATGM carrier - this exact look like 9P157-2 Khrizantema. That's russian radar guided turretless platform based on BMP-3
    what would you need an other anti tank elite unit for...railgun does the trick...
    Alle sagten: Das geht nicht. Dann kam einer, der wusste das nicht und hat es einfach gemacht.
  • Approximately 0.5% of people have a railgun- there are more *olders than *ailguners.
    "Le patriotisme, c'est aimer son pays. Le nationalisme, c'est détester celui des autres."-Charles De Gaulle, Leader of Free France in World War 2.
    English: "Patriotism is to love your country. Nationalism is hating that of others."