DEVELOPER DIARY 18: SEASON 6 TEASER

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• DEVELOPER DIARY 18: SEASON 6 TEASER

+ + + + DEV DIARY: ENTRY 18 + + + +

Commanders!

For Season 6 the team has cooked up something extra special, adding extra spices & seasoning this time round. We've had a lot of ideas about specialized units in the past, but were limited with the current feature set that CoN allows. With this in mind - for this Season we are breaking barriers with the introduction of brand new units possessing a unique feature to CoN, which will further contribute to the micro aspect of warfare.

The infusion of these units opens doors for potential gameplay & warfare tools - some of which have long been rumored and requested in the community. We can't wait to show you what's in store for Season 6, and no less what we can do with the new underlying implementation.

Season 5 will finish 02 February 2021 UTC +1, with a 24 hour grace period allowing players to claim their Seasonal Unit and Season Badge. Since the new unit require rigorous testing and preparations from our end - Season 6 is slated for late February to make sure any bugs are quelled and balance delicately tuned.

EDIT (2021/02/24): I'm really happy to see the speculation and excitement for the unit - we're just as excited to get this out. I want to inform you all that, at this stage the underlying implementation is in place. This information gently asks that players surface their patience, as it implies that our initial target of end February will need to be extended somewhat.

Our goal for the coming week (possibly weeks) is to test and break the feature as much as possible, to ensure that we find as many bugs as possible. In the meantime we are also going to be tweaking and adjusting balance values to ensure we do not release an overpowered unit, and that there is a snug fit in the balance-ecosystem of the game.

I know some of you are itching to man the control stations and get cracking.

The camels are coming soon... very soon...
    Dorado Games
    Conflict Of Nations

The post was edited 9 times, last by Yak ().

• Hmmmm...
    I don't know...
    It has to be a naval unit...
    Season 1: Land
    Season 2: Air
    Season 3: Sea
    Season 4: Land
    Season 5: Air
    Season 6: ?
    I'd choose... *drumroll*
    Elite Destroyer!
    Just give me all the qualities REAL destroyers have...
    Okay?
    Helicopter pads, ASW, Anti surface, anti air, and Capable of attacking land units!

Prequisite:
    Frigate, Destroyer, Cruiser, or Aircraft Carrier.
    T1:
    High radar signature
    50 HP
    50 AA range
    75 Attack range
    100 radar and sonar
    Reveal stealth(Subs)
    Against infantry: 3.0 damage
    Against armor: 2.0 damage.
    Against helicopter: 2.0
    Against plane: 3.0
    Against missile: 1.5
    Against ship: 11.0
    Against sub: 7.0
    1 Helicopter
    2 Cruise missiles

T2:
    Low radar signature
    75 HP
    50 AA range
    100 attack range
    100 radar/sonar
    reveal stealth
    4.5 against infantry
    3.5 against armor
    3.5 against helicopter
    4.5 against plane
    2.5 against missile
    17 against ship
    10 against sub
    2 Helicopters
    3 Cruise missiles

T3:
    No radar signature
    Stealth(Like that level 4 naval officer...)
    100 HP
    75 AA range
    100 attack range
    100 radar/sonar
    reveal stealth
    6.0 against infantry
    5.0 against armor
    4.5 against helicopter
    6.0 against plane
    3.5 against missile
    25 against ship
    15 against sub
    3 Helicopters
    5 Cruise missiles
    "Le patriotisme, c'est aimer son pays. Le nationalisme, c'est détester celui des autres."-Charles De Gaulle, Leader of Free France in World War 2.
    English: "Patriotism is to love your country. Nationalism is hating that of others."
  • Yak wrote:

+ + + + DEV DIARY: ENTRY 18 + + + +

Commanders!

For Season 6 the team has cooked up something extra special, adding extra spices & seasoning this time round. We've had a lot of ideas about specialized units in the past, but were limited with the current feature set that CoN allows. With this in mind - for this Season we are breaking barriers with the introduction of brand new units possessing a unique feature to CoN, which will further contribute to the micro aspect of warfare.

The infusion of these units opens doors for potential gameplay & warfare tools - some of which have long been rumored and requested in the community. We can't wait to show you what's in store for Season 6, and no less what we can do with the new underlying implementation.

Season 5 will finish 02 February 2021 UTC +1, with a 24 hour grace period allowing players to claim their Seasonal Unit and Season Badge. Since the new unit require rigorous testing and preparations from our end - Season 6 is slated for late February to make sure any bugs are quelled and balance delicately tuned.
    Is it possible that we are getting more than just a single seasonal unit this time? What's mentioned here really leads me to believe that it is. Maybe new conventional units?
    but, that's just my 2 cents' worth
  • Teburu wrote:

Jemandanderes wrote:

Or you are able to dig trenches, which … maybe are only buildable on province borders and don't help tanks, but are cheap. I know, it doesn't make much sense, but it just came to my mind.
    because trenchwarfare is such a viable thing to do in the era of modern warfare
    Well, I mean I said that it doesn't really make sense, but when I think about it, in a trench at least infantry would have a harder time hitting you. So in the earlygame, it could be useful, if it's cheap enough. But it's very specific, we are probably not going to see it.
    a.k.a. jem and and eres
  • Jemandanderes wrote:

Teburu wrote:

Jemandanderes wrote:

Or you are able to dig trenches, which … maybe are only buildable on province borders and don't help tanks, but are cheap. I know, it doesn't make much sense, but it just came to my mind.
    because trenchwarfare is such a viable thing to do in the era of modern warfare
    Well, I mean I said that it doesn't really make sense, but when I think about it, in a trench at least infantry would have a harder time hitting you. So in the earlygame, it could be useful, if it's cheap enough. But it's very specific, we are probably not going to see it.
    combatoutposts are a thing
    I am The Baseline for opinions
  • Kalrakh wrote:

The say, they want to put something new into the game, an elite destroyer is hardly new.

More something like a mine deployer would offer new mechanics to the game.
    Good idea. Although the devs say a mine deployer would be hard to implement.
    And an elite surface unit is very likely, due to the "Land-Air-Sea" that they use for season units rotation.
    An elite sub would be pretty weird- we already have one of those!
    "Le patriotisme, c'est aimer son pays. Le nationalisme, c'est détester celui des autres."-Charles De Gaulle, Leader of Free France in World War 2.
    English: "Patriotism is to love your country. Nationalism is hating that of others."
  • Whatever it is, it’s going to be exciting!
    From the shape of the unit in the picture, I’m guessing either an Elite Corvette, a special patrol boat, a speedboat (the sort pirates use?) or a special unmanned vehicle, potentially a combination of all. The picture shows seemingly a small and compact frame, especially with angular sides, suggesting it has stealth capabilities
    Currently on (potentially permanent) hiatus

Instead of choosing wings to fly, we chose hands to hold with each other.

Yet the sky still fascinates us, is it such a crime to keep on dreaming?
  • There's multiple things that are covered in the picture.
    Potentially more than one season unit.
    I agree- the space addition would be very, very interesting. We went from railguns developed by the US navy a few years ago- back to avro vulcans used by the royal air force in 1955...