Naval Strategy

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• DOA70 wrote:

Teburu wrote:

DOA70 wrote:

a stack of a ship commander, 2 frigates and 2 corvettes
      thats a really really really really dumb stack
      and yet, I won a game with it playing an island nation ... so, I have the word of some ... person, on a forum vs what I have experienced in a map just concluded ... decisions, decisions ...
      The game just concluded. It is number 3683025. I don't know if you can load it or not, but if you can, you'll see I used nothing more than what I listed in my post and my first attacking stack was as described.
      i mean why the unholy fuck would you stack corvettes with something else; you'll basically never be able to make use of their range since pretty much everything else in the stack has a longer range
      I am The Baseline for opinions
    • It's not because you can win a map with something that it's a good build.

People win Dark Souls with a broom just to demonstrate it can be done, doesn't change the broom is a poor weapon.

I said it in another way elsewhere : the level of public game is so awful that you can make work everything.

Naval Officer, Frigates, and Corvettes, is a mix i didn't even dare to image as a joke.

It's basically a group that goes slowly in coastal waters (thanks to the frigate), rendering useless the speed of the corvette as well as its range
      and it's a group that goes AWFULLY SLOW in high waters, as well as having less HPs.

Why to stop there ?

2 corvette, 1 naval officer, 1 missile sub, and 1 frigates. Hell yeah.

And yes, i'm convinced you CAN win public map with this.
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • Funny dude. A level 1 destroyer can sink a level 7 frigate.(If the person knows how to avoid long range ship artillery, which is quite rare... :D )
      "Le patriotisme, c'est aimer son pays. Le nationalisme, c'est détester celui des autres."-Charles De Gaulle, Leader of Free France in World War 2.
      English: "Patriotism is to love your country. Nationalism is hating that of others."
    • Opulon wrote:

It's not because you can win a map with something that it's a good build.

People win Dark Souls with a broom just to demonstrate it can be done, doesn't change the broom is a poor weapon.

I said it in another way elsewhere : the level of public game is so awful that you can make work everything.

Naval Officer, Frigates, and Corvettes, is a mix i didn't even dare to image as a joke.

It's basically a group that goes slowly in coastal waters (thanks to the frigate), rendering useless the speed of the corvette as well as its range
      and it's a group that goes AWFULLY SLOW in high waters, as well as having less HPs.

Why to stop there ?

2 corvette, 1 naval officer, 1 missile sub, and 1 frigates. Hell yeah.

And yes, i'm convinced you CAN win public map with this.

Come on, its not like everyone is as smart as you, Opulon...
      :D :D
      "Le patriotisme, c'est aimer son pays. Le nationalisme, c'est détester celui des autres."-Charles De Gaulle, Leader of Free France in World War 2.
      English: "Patriotism is to love your country. Nationalism is hating that of others."
    • ASHKSO wrote:

Well transport ships are really dangerous they can take out an entire navy.

Transport units regain total health faster than regular ships, as this is because you can stack more of them together and there aren't healing penalties I believe for transports
      Are you talking about them when they are on land or are you just joking? Of course they can heal fast, but as transport they don't deal any damage.
      a.k.a. jem and and eres
    • ASHKSO wrote:

It was a joke. Transport units are a disgrace to any navy

However, they do heal in coastal waters, and total HP will regenerate faster the more units you have in that stack.
      Of course, but if you just build a hospital, you can heal at the same speed and you can also upgrade it. But that's an interesting idea in Early-game, I should try it out.
      a.k.a. jem and and eres
    • In beginning game, you can use that strategy as they will heal faster than in any city (until you build a level 2 military hospital or a level 3 field hospital)

Another early game strategy for coastal regions that have a narrow strip of coast between them and another larger ocean or country (ex: Ethiopia, UK, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Iran, Thailand, etc) station a weak unit in the coastal area on a transport unit. When another stronger ship or navalcraft comes into the area and destroys it, you will get a notification, alerting you to the fact that you have enemies approaching. A ship doesn't need radar to be able to do this, so it makes it another early game strategy that can potentially give you a fair warning without having to research the huge ships, which you should still do anyways, but like I said this is an early game strategy.
      Im evil. How are you

driving that car :evil: